The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Letter from Mike Gillis to Canucks STH

Visp

well at least we have the top ten on tsn the worst canucks moments of the season if that's not writing on the wall I don't what what is somebody should be fired bring in pierre McGuire as gm and whammmmmooo at least he has some hockey smarts knows the players, he cant be as bad as mikey d

McGuire would/should be top candidate and would be great hire. Very knowledgeable in knowing players around the league and well respected. Then again Mad Mike looks pretty good compared to Gillis.

Uhh. Right. Gillis stated in last year's letter there would be "major changes" and "re-tooling" in which he did absolutely nothing.

The change that needs to occur is for Gillis to be finally fired once and for all, and ownership to get clue. Anyone who thinks Gillis should keeps his job, much less trust him with re-build is delusional and idiot. No FA is going to want to come here, period and why would there. This organization and ownership is worst in all of NHL and would even go so far as saying in all of professional sports too.

I agree with your sentiments, but Charles Wang and Garth Snow say hi.

I agree with your sentiments, but Charles Wang and Garth Snow say hi.

Doesn't say much if we're as bad as they are. Right now i'd say Vancouver is worst then them. But there's reason why Canucks are the most hated organization in league.

Uhh. Right. Gillis stated in last year's letter there would be "major changes" and "re-tooling" in which he did absolutely nothing.

The change that needs to occur is for Gillis to be finally fired once and for all, and ownership to get clue. Anyone who thinks Gillis should keeps his job, much less trust him with re-build is delusional and idiot. No FA is going to want to come here, period and why would there. This organization and ownership is worst in all of NHL and would even go so far as saying in all of professional sports too.

If you don't think firing AV and trading Schneider are major changes then I'm not sure what else would convince you. A re-tool certainly sounds like dropping players that haven't quite been doing it for us (Raymond, Ballard, Lappy) and replacing them with ones that are better (Santorelli, Stanton, Richardson). Seems like the letter was pretty accurate last year.

Worst in the NHL!? Not by a long shot. But thanks for calling people including myself an idiot when you can't even get the facts right about your own statement.

McGuire would/should be top candidate and would be great hire. Very knowledgeable in knowing players around the league and well respected. Then again Mad Mike looks pretty good compared to Gillis.

It gets even better apparently. Pierre McGuire!? Mr Monster himself? Better than Gillis. Wow.

Doesn't say much if we're as bad as they are. Right now i'd say Vancouver is worst then them. But there's reason why Canucks are the most hated organization in league.

Maybe it's the perception that some of the fans give that they have no idea what they're talking about yet want to tell everybody within earshot about it.

All right, that's enough picking on you. There's no point arguing with someone who thinks the way you do.

F you Gillis.

Tell us how you really feel.

I think he's referring to the cap dollars committed for 2014-15.

We're at roughly $59 million committed on 18 players. That's $5 million under the the current $64.3 million salary cap. With the cap projected to go north of $71 million, that's another $7 million.

If they also use their last compliance buyout, the Canucks could have over $16 million to spend.

Who but someone looking for a big payday is going to want to come to a team that is on a serious decline with very little chance of rebounding? I don't know of any NHL superstars, let alone a couple, that would be needed to MAYBE make a difference.

We might also be back to the era of suspect goaltending that made having a ton of scoring that was available back in the WCE days irrelevant.

So is he hinting that we'll be playing all of those players next season in order to compete for a lottery pick?

Surprised he listed Fox in that group. I mean yea he's tearing up the OHL, but he is an overager. History shows he's still a long shot for being an NHLer.

One could only hope. While were at it trade for as many picks in said draft as possible just so we can maximise our picks in that upcoming deep draft.

Who but someone looking for a big payday is going to want to come to a team that is on a serious decline with very little chance of rebounding? I don't know of any NHL superstars, let alone a couple, that would be needed to MAYBE make a difference.

We might also be back to the era of suspect goaltending that made having a ton of scoring that was available back in the WCE days irrelevant.

Ehrhoff chose to sign with Buffalo. Jagr signed in New Jersey despite their faults. Alfredsson went to Detroit despite their struggles last year and issues finding help this year. I'm not going to look up other examples, but plenty of players sign in places you'd think wouldn't make sense.

Wait the Ducks?

I thought the new model he was trying to copy was the Sharks?

Old core that got injected with some younger guys and more speed and energy with Hertl and Nieto.

They seem more similar to the Canucks in more ways than one than the Ducks. I don't see it...

I would have less problems with his "plan" if it didn't change year to year based on whatever team wins the cup.

Too bad this isn't the NFL and you can't just cut guys and overhaul the roster in an off-season with ready to play draft picks.

It's a process alright.. process for what, that is still to be seen. :sadno:

Every time we get another NTC player off the roster for picks and prospect the rest will see that it's going to be several very dark years to toil in the chance that the much like rats off a sinking ship the rest will start demanding trades and then the NTC contracts will be more like "at least let me have a say in where I am traded to, let's be reasonable, we want the same thing" contracts.

Ehrhoff chose to sign with Buffalo. Jagr signed in New Jersey despite their faults. Alfredsson went to Detroit despite their struggles last year and issues finding help this year. I'm not going to look up other examples, but plenty of players sign in places you'd think wouldn't make sense.

Even we did the equivilent of signing all three and pressing right up against the cap do you really think that would make us a cup contending team? Or would it just make us even older and in an even worse cap position.....

I won't be suprised if the odd vet comes in to help guide the young ones but it's not very often a team goes from bad to good simply signing a bunch of free agents.....

Ehrhoff must have been deluded. Jagr wanted 1st line minutes to pad his records. Aldredsson got out of a cancerous organization.

If you don't think firing AV and trading Schneider are major changes then I'm not sure what else would convince you. A re-tool certainly sounds like dropping players that haven't quite been doing it for us (Raymond, Ballard, Lappy) and replacing them with ones that are better (Santorelli, Stanton, Richardson). Seems like the letter was pretty accurate last year.

Trading Schneider was major frack up by Gillis not because of trading him, but lack of return and being fleeced for young player who may or may not be decent player. This era's version of Cam Neely trade and no i'm not comparing Schneider to Neely. Gillis has traded both Schneider and Luongo away, which was the best 1-2 tandem in league and not much to show for it. If that doesn't say total incompetence then I don't know what does. Gillis got lucky on Santorelli and Richardson. As for AV firing, I really don't think it was Gillis but rather decision of ownership telling him to do so.

Worst in the NHL!? Not by a long shot. But thanks for calling people including myself an idiot when you can't even get the facts right about your own statement.

Current ownership treats players, employees and fans very badly. The way Luongo was treated was totally disgusting and embarrassing. In addition, lets not discount or forget the rep they have for diving and whining to ref. This ownership is so out of touch and only care about profiting. I've openly stated this current ownership easily has surpassed McCaw as the worst in the history of this organization, and that's saying alot.

It gets even better apparently. Pierre McGuire!? Mr Monster himself? Better than Gillis. Wow.

Anyone is better then Gillis. You sound in absolute shock and utter disbelief Obviously, you're a supporter of his. Heck, I wouldn't put it past this organization to have people on here posting in his favor, defending him, etc.

Maybe it's the perception that some of the fans give that they have no idea what they're talking about yet want to tell everybody within earshot about it.

All right, that's enough picking on you. There's no point arguing with someone who thinks the way you do.

There's no point in wasting anymore time with someone who thinks the way you do and there's quite alot of them.

Even we did the equivilent of signing all three and pressing right up against the cap do you really think that would make us a cup contending team? Or would it just make us even older and in an even worse cap position.....

I won't be suprised if the odd vet comes in to help guide the young ones but it's not very often a team goes from bad to good simply signing a bunch of free agents.....

Not saying we should have, but one of those players would have likely helped if they'd signed here.

Certainly almost any situation wouldn't stop every possible UFA from signing with a team. For instance, New Jersey was having trouble actually paying their players at one point and had lost their two superstars and had an ageing goalie nearing retirement. That's not really a great situation to go into.

If the Sedins aren't done and we can have both young players and good UFA signings contributing then I don't see why we can't get back to being a cup contender. I don't know that it'd make us favourites, but anything can happen once you're in the playoffs if you have a reasonably good team.

Trading Schneider was major frack up by Gillis not because of trading him, but lack of return and being fleeced for young player who may or may not be decent player. This era's version of Cam Neely trade and no i'm not comparing Schneider to Neely. Gillis has traded both Schneider and Luongo away, which was the best 1-2 tandem in league and not much to show for it. If that doesn't say total incompetence then I don't know what does. Gillis got lucky on Santorelli and Richardson. As for AV firing, I really don't think it was Gillis but rather decision of ownership telling him to do so.

Current ownership treats players, employees and fans very badly. The way Luongo was treated was totally disgusting and embarrassing. In addition, lets not discount or forget the rep they have for diving and whining to ref. This ownership is so out of touch and only care about profiting. I've openly stated this current ownership easily has surpassed McCaw as the worst in the history of this organization, and that's saying alot.

Anyone is better then Gillis. You sound in absolute shock and utter disbelief Obviously, you're a supporter of his. Heck, I wouldn't put it past this organization to have people on here posting in his favor, defending him, etc.

There's no point in wasting anymore time with someone who thinks the way you do and there's quite alot of them.

Hahahaha Wow! I thought there were some drama queens on this board before but you definitely have to take the cake. I heard that Gillis sent Putin a text asking him if he could try and distract the world

Archived