The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] March12: Vancouver @ Winnipeg

TheRussianRocket.

I don't know, I'd love to potentially have a shot at Dal Colle or Draisaitl.

We are going to have a shot at Draisaitl even if we pick 8th because we don't know what other teams will do. We might even be able to trade up for the player we want.

There is going to be a lot of difference in teams' lists this year. The player we have at 5th may fall to 10th, and all the way down the line.

A guy like Nylander could go 4th or 10th for example.

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

doesn't have to be hit from behind

dude doesn't matter same hit away from the boards its a clean solid hit in open ice...boards just happen to be there. Unless it's a clear hit from behind into boards that is not a penalty.

I've seen many more solid hits but much harder into the boards, they aren't penalties.

dude doesn't matter same hit away from the boards its a clean solid hit...boards just happen to be there. Unless it's a clear hit from behind into boards that is not a penalty.

read the rule again and try and comprehend it if you can it says nothing about being a hit from behind to call a boarding penalty

dude doesn't matter same hit away from the boards its a clean solid hit...boards just happen to be there. Unless it's a clear hit from behind into boards that is not a penalty.

Uhhhhhh that's why the penalty is called "boarding"... There are different rules for hitting when you're close to the boards

Archived