The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen playing with Canucks in a playoff run this season...

Shamu101

Kesler for Couturier + Laughton

Draft Driasaitl

Driasaitl Couturier Kassian

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Horvat Laughton

Santorelli Matthias Higgins

Hansen

If Kesler is to be traded Philly would be the team I would like to see him go to. Couturier would be great, obviously but I think RK17 would look greak in the Orange, White, and Black.

EDIT: I would also love to see him contribute to the Pit/Philly rivalry by checking Crosby for 7 games

I think getting steam rolled again in the first round would destroy more confidence than missing the playoffs.

Obvious counterpoint:

As things stand, if they managed to take 8th, they'd face the Blues - who they've swept 3 games to 0 thus far this season.

I think it would be really good for their confidence to knock off the NHL's #1 seed / President's trophy winner.

Nope, AHL or NHL next year for him, and yeah I agree, Jensen and Horvat most likely make the team. I also think Corrado should too.

Good call on Corrado, I agree. We have Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Garrison, Tanev not going anywhere in all likelihood, Corrado could grab that 6th spot. Depending on what happens during Free Agency

EDIT: Forgot about Stanton.. I guess him and Corrado are left to compete for the 6th spot. Gotta wonder if Corrado is better off in Utica until injuries at the NHL level require him to come up

Sedin - Sedin - Shinkaruk [Go to scoring line, Shink is the sniper]

Horvat - Kesler - Burrows [Elite TWF line to shut down other top lines, Kesler and Horvat take draws on their strong side]

Gaunce - Matthias - Jensen [Perfect blend of power, speed, two way ability and sniping]

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen [best 4th line in the NHL]

Sign me up.

LOL what happened to Kass?

I like the looks of this team, however I'd switch Burr with Shinkaruk. Burr has proven chemistry with the twins and a line of 2 way forwards may have trouble scoring without a pure offensive guy like Shinkaruk.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows [Go to scoring line, Shink is the sniper]

Horvat - Kesler - Jensen [Elite TWF line to shut down other top lines, Kesler and Horvat take draws on their strong side]

FA - Matthias - Kassian [Perfect blend of power, speed, two way ability and sniping]

Sign me up.

I like it, but replace Gaunce with Kassian, and switch Shinkaruk with Burrows (I doubt Shinkaruk makes the squad next year, but that is just my opinion). You have to think there will be a Free Agent pickup somewhere in there. COuld switch the FA with Higgins as well depending on the pick up, but you're right in saying that the 4th line would be the best in the league. A legitimate 3a and 3b. That line up could do some serious work next year in my opinion..

Some FA I would have my eye on should they be available are:

Callahan

Michalek (long shot)

Vrbata

Hemsky

Stastny (if Kesler goes, and depending on return)

Cammelleri ?

Downie ?

Penner ?

Vokoun ? .. Should our situation need a veteran, though doesn't seem likely

I like it, but replace Gaunce with Kassian, and switch Shinkaruk with Burrows (I doubt Shinkaruk makes the squad next year, but that is just my opinion). You have to think there will be a Free Agent pickup somewhere in there. COuld switch the FA with Higgins as well depending on the pick up, but you're right in saying that the 4th line would be the best in the league. A legitimate 3a and 3b. That line up could do some serious work next year in my opinion..

Some FA I would have my eye on should they be available are:

Callahan

Michalek (long shot)

Vrbata

Hemsky

Stastny (if Kesler goes, and depending on return)

Cammelleri ?

Downie ?

Penner ?

Vokoun ? .. Should our situation need a veteran, though doesn't seem likely

I'm sold on Vrbata.

If we lose Kesler we may NEED Callahan if we want to contend next year, which I think is still possible and the best route to take. But Vrbata could be the steal of free agency, whether we land Callahan or not, as he will be the most sought after free agent and will surely rake in the big bucks.

Someone suggested going after Del Zotto in another thread which I think is an interesting idea, especially since our D could use a shake up but I don't know much about DZ's defensive abilities. But one thing is for sure, and that is that we need some more O from our D

If we lose Kesler we may NEED Callahan if we want to contend next year, which I think is still possible and the best route to take. But Vrbata could be the steal of free agency, whether we land Callahan or not, as he will be the most sought after free agent and will surely rake in the big bucks.

Someone suggested going after Del Zotto in another thread which I think is an interesting idea, especially since our D could use a shake up but I don't know much about DZ's defensive abilities. But one thing is for sure, and that is that we need some more O from our D

Nah, just tank and get McDavid. What you said is highly likely though. If Colorado becomes a serious threat, would kesler waive to go there ? Kes + Edler for ROR? Thoughts anyone?

The real question is...who would we play above Jensen? It's not like we really have that much of a choice right now when it comes to playing him. None of our key players are producing regularly. I'm not saying Jensen is bad or trying to discredit him, he's a good player.....but we really have nobody else to play above him from Utica.

This is a good chance for him to capitalize on that. Also he's playing better than some of the NHLers on our team right now so there would be no reason to kick him off.

If we make the play offs (strong IF) I think you will see him playing in them - all it takes is one or two goals and he's already in the top five on our team going from January onward.

The real question is...who would we play above Jensen? It's not like we really have that much of a choice right now when it comes to playing him. None of our key players are producing regularly. I'm not saying Jensen is bad or trying to discredit him, he's a good player.....but we really have nobody else to play above him from Utica.

This is a good chance for him to capitalize on that. Also he's playing better than some of the NHLers on our team right now so there would be no reason to kick him off.

If we make the play offs (strong IF) I think you will see him playing in them - all it takes is one or two goals and he's already in the top five on our team going from January onward.

He looks really confident with the puck now. I wouldn't mind him staying for the long haul. I still remember that beautiful cross-ice pass to Henrik.

Nah, just tank and get McDavid. What you said is highly likely though. If Colorado becomes a serious threat, would kesler waive to go there ? Kes + Edler for ROR? Thoughts anyone?

Kesler could get ROR+ on his own. I dont think he waives to go there though. He will want to go to a bonified elite team with experienced players. I dont like colorado's chances against the likes of St Louis, SJ, Anaheim or Chicago.

Burrows-Sedin-Jensen

Sedin-Kesler-Callahan (6.00)

Higgins-Santorelli-Kassian

Horvat-Matthias-Hansen

Archie/Sestitio/Richardson

Hamhuis-Tanev

Edler-Boyle/Timonen(5.500)

Garrison-Bieksa

Stanton/Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

That is one solid 2knd line!

I always liked the idea of putting playmaking Dank with Kesler!

Vrbata is another interesting, perhaps more potent option? Mad at myself for letting ironman beat me to posting the idea, but with Kess and Danny?

Obvious counterpoint:

As things stand, if they managed to take 8th, they'd face the Blues - who they've swept 3 games to 0 thus far this season.

I think it would be really good for their confidence to knock off the NHL's #1 seed / President's trophy winner.

Man you do have a certain spirit! There is always a way with you to find logic and hope in any Canuck position.

My hats off to you here. It's a killer notion!

Sedin - Sedin - Shinkaruk [Go to scoring line, Shink is the sniper]

Horvat - Kesler - Burrows [Elite TWF line to shut down other top lines, Kesler and Horvat take draws on their strong side]

Gaunce - Matthias - Jensen [Perfect blend of power, speed, two way ability and sniping]

Sign me up.

What happen to Kassian?

Archived