The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks win 4-3! Over panthers

Ryan kesler the beast

You do realize the most the Canucks can now finish with is 96, yes?

Meh, I said 94-98 and 96 is smack dab in the middle.

Sure are a lot of haters on today......

I still stand by what I said, this team will not purposefully tank. The only people who care about these draft picks are the people on CDC.

So,you believe the Canucks won't make it but anybody with math skills of a ten year old AKA "not directed at anyone in particular" is a crappy,useless fan for having reached the same conclusion that you have.

I enjoy the fact Burr and Hank give the team hope that next year is not going to be a write-off,as well.

Enjoy beating up on the 28th place team and put away the pom-poms before the hypocrite wrapped in rah-rah overwhelms you.

Why do you even respond to anything I say, I have 0 respect for anything you say.

72 points

TB - W 2

NSH - W 4

BUF - W 6

MIN - W 8

AVE - W 10

ANA - L

NYR - W 12

LA - OTL 13

ANA - L

AVE - W 15

EDM - W 17

CAL - W 19

91 Points

Very real outcome, but ya, you're right probably short unless Dallas and Winterpeg do very poorly...

But regardless, it more realistic for us to shoot for the play-offs than it is for this team to purposefully tank

and one of them is guaranteed 2 points tonight so we're already off to a bad start

Seriously, the people who want this team to lose aren't real fans... How can you sit there and actually want your team to lose games instead of make the push for the play-offs... It's ridiculous... No team actually goes out and purposefully loses games...

Look at Calgary, they go for the win EVERY SINGLE GAME. They play hard, block shots and never give up...

This team will never purposefully tank... Get over it

Using Calgary as the team to model ourselves after.

REALLY! :picard:

Meh, I said 94-98 and 96 is smack dab in the middle.

Sure are a lot of haters on today......

I still stand by what I said, this team will not purposefully tank. The only people who care about these draft picks are the people on CDC.

Naw...just a lot of people who, you know....can read the standings and do simple arithmetic.

Very real outcome, but ya, you're right probably short unless Dallas and Winterpeg do very poorly...

But regardless, it more realistic for us to shoot for the play-offs than it is for this team to purposefully tank

I wouldn't count on any game being a win after what we did against the Islanders.

Look I respect the people that never say die, I'm usually right there with you. But the odds are just too stacked against them now. 2 weeks ago before we dropped games against Phoenix, NYI, Ottawa, and Washington I absolutely believed we could do it. But they've just dropped the ball too many times in crucial games.

Of course they're not purposely going to tank, but when they're playing .500 hockey in a crucial stretch, it's not gonna equal playoffs. Especially when they're just squeaking by teams like Florida and Winnipeg.

And I never cheer against my team. I gave a huge fist pump when Jensen scored, and again with his shootout winner. At this point I'm more about cheering for the players than the results. I want our team to do well, but at the same time I'm aware of where we'll be drafting and what that means.

There's alot to be optimistic about as Canucks fans. Lack, Jensen, Matthias, and Schroeder have all looked good. And players like Stanton and Tanev continue to evolve into very reliable defenders. Add to that a good draft like we had last year along with an injection of rookies, players healing up and bouncing back, and a huge amount of cap space to play with and I like our chances next season alot.

I think Draisaitl is the most NHL ready prospect.

Smart player that can snipe, make plays, and loves to throw the body.

If we want a guy to come in and make an impact right away, I think he's the guy.

Now I know you've never seen him play.

He throws an occasional hit and is strong on the puck. That's it.

He does not "love to throw the body."

72 points

TB - W 2

NSH - W 4

BUF - W 6

MIN - W 8

AVE - W 10

ANA - L

NYR - W 12

LA - OTL 13

ANA - L

AVE - W 15

EDM - W 17

CAL - W 19

91 Points

I'd relook the three bolded ones if I were you.

Now how I know you've never seen him play.

He throws an occasional hit and is strong on the puck. That's it.

He does not "love to throw the body."

I may have overstated that.

Lets just say he knows how to throw a big hit and does not shy away from it.

I'm not trying to say he's a David Backes or anything. For a more skilled guy though, he's definitely got some feistiness. Likes to throw the old Kronwall hit.

I bet that everyone here will have a different list if picking the 7th through 10th spots in this draft, just as I'm certain the top 10 teams will as well.

I would guess that less than 5% of you would be accurate on every spot. Therefore, it matters a lot less where we pick than many of you are making it out to be.

We were never likely to fall to 6th, almost as unlikely to fall to 7th, and are 80% assured of drafting 8th-10th. The chances of getting the player we want at 8th are very close to getting that player at 10th.

I may have overstated that.

Lets just say he knows how to throw a big hit and does not shy away from it.

I'm not trying to say he's a David Backes or anything. For a more skilled guy though, he's definitely got some feistiness. Likes to throw the old Kronwall hit.

That's fine.

I just don't understand why you speak as an authority on scouting junior players when you have never watched them before.

Youtube videos don't count.

I wouldn't count on any game being a win after what we did against the Islanders.

Look I respect the people that never say die, I'm usually right there with you. But the odds are just too stacked against them now. 2 weeks ago before we dropped games against Phoenix, NYI, Ottawa, and Washington I absolutely believed we could do it. But they've just dropped the ball too many times in crucial games.

Of course they're not purposely going to tank, but when they're playing .500 hockey in a crucial stretch, it's not gonna equal playoffs. Especially when they're just squeaking by teams like Florida and Winnipeg.

And I never cheer against my team. I gave a huge fist pump when Jensen scored, and again with his shootout winner. At this point I'm more about cheering for the players than the results. I want our team to do well, but at the same time I'm aware of where we'll be drafting and what that means.

There's alot to be optimistic about as Canucks fans. Lack, Jensen, Matthias, and Schroeder have all looked good. And players like Stanton and Tanev continue to evolve into very reliable defenders. Add to that a good draft like we had last year along with an injection of rookies, players healing up and bouncing back, and a huge amount of cap space to play with and I like our chances next season alot.

What if Dallas loses a few games in a row against tougher teams they play coming up? Same with Phoenix as there schedule looks to be pretty difficult. Throw on the fact Dallas is losing 1-0 in there game in hand already against the blue jackets. Also the fact canucks play easier oppenets IF we can win I don't see how it's not at least a possibility to make the playoffs.

Archived