The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT March 17th Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning 4:30 PM

Ryan kesler the beast

omg do you guys actually think we had a chance tonight? Look at the team, i'm surprised they won the game yesterday, give it up. Best interest for the team to give us loser reward, which is a high draft pick Canucks can have some hopes about. This season is long gone, after that 8 game home losing streak. It's over boys. There's no way we will make the playoffs. Not even close. expect the worst so when it happens you guys won't be disappointed or heart broken. Because we already told you so, that they will miss it.

will the miss the playoffs most likely but guess what until the team is mathematically eliminated me and several other fans will still believe they can make the playoffs

ughh .. just looking the standings .. we are gonna be out the playoffs with a very average pick ... this sucks

I looked at the league standings after the "win" yesterday and just had to shake my head.

The one year to try and get a top 7 pick given the disaster this season has been and the fact we won't make the playoffs, and we can't even do that properly.

so elite teams make the finals and then go to crap after? ok lol

When a team leads the league in scoring, gives up the fewest goals, has the best powerplay and penalty kill in the NHL....they're an elite team. That happens about every 30 or 40 years. I think the Habs managed it once in their dynasty years.

You can poopoo the team all you want, but this kind of revisionism only sells to crybabies who don't remember how good that team actually was.

Can't believe Gillis wasted 1.15 on that guy.

Is Richardson worth it for next year...

Think not despite his shorthanded goals

I'd like to see Horvat get some action next season

What? Richardson has been one of the best deals we've got this year @ 1.5. Gillis has enough big flubs, why pick on the Richardson deal?

this

this team was never elite, we got hot at the right time in 2011 plain and simple.

elite teams get to the finals and WIN and then continuously make deep runs or stay near the top of the league like Boston and Chicago

This team has always solely relied upon the success of the Sedins and when they're not contributing, we're pretty much an average team. That's why I find it hilarious when people say trade the Sedins and build the team around Kesler.

Calling it now. The Canucks will have a kicked-in puck disallowed in the third period.

It will be one of those ones like hank a few years back where he is just putting on the breaks and it bounces of his skate, and they call it a non-goal even though tape was sent to all 30 teams explaining that the play should be deemed a goal.

When a team leads the league in scoring, gives up the fewest goals, has the best powerplay and penalty kill in the NHL....they're an elite team. That happens about every 30 or 40 years. I think the Habs managed it once in their dynasty years.

You can poopoo the team all you want, but this kind of revisionism only sells to crybabies who don't remember how good that team actually was.

when they do that for one year and the proceed to go out in the first round including a sweep in the next 2 years and then miss the playoffs like we're going to this year then they are not an elite team.

Chicago for example won the cup, went out first round (after almost coming back and beating us from being down 3-0), went out first round again, and then came back and won the cup again in 2013.

who sounds like the elite team between those 2?

Archived