The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jensen still on fire

TheRussianRocket.

Burrows - HSedin - Jensen ( Im usually against splitting up the Sedins but with the first line chemistry I think it DSedin - Kesler - Kassian could add some much needed depth)

Higgins - Matthias - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Schroeder/Dalpe

When everyone is healthy is not too bad of a line up

No Horvat?

Many of us appreciate your sediments in hindsight and we are all very happy for Jensen. However, I think you are jumping the gun a bit . He does not look strong at all in any other area of his game.

Well Tortorella seems to disagree because he thinks he's good in his own end.

Add that to his 5 points in 7 games and I would say he's doing quite well.

Of course we shouldn't all over-hype the guy, but at the same time from what I've seen he has the potential to be a very good player in this league. All the tools are there.

Sucks so much that Horvat can't play in the AHL. Someone needs to get him a fake ID and some paperwork already. Don't think another year of JR is needed, also don't want to just throw him in an Orca jersey. 1 year on the Comets would be ideal, with Gaunce and Shinkaruk alongside him.

MacKinnon is taking that hands down

oh i know he is taking it but would be nice for nomination been awhile for Rookie Goalie to be in the Calder trophy talk

only Rookie with 30 plus starts but 3rd in GAA of all rookie goalies 3rd in sv for 20 plus starts and is the rookie shutout leader and 3 wins back of Anderson for rookie wins

their should be some rookie goalie award or something

Well Tortorella seems to disagree because he thinks he's good in his own end.

Add that to his 5 points in 7 games and I would say he's doing quite well.

Of course we shouldn't all over-hype the guy, but at the same time from what I've seen he has the potential to be a very good player in this league. All the tools are there.

Can you show me the source where he says he is great in all areas of the ice? I have a hard time believing he said that. The guy I have been watching does not seem like he is honestly NHL ready. He is weak on the boards and still isnt up to speed when anticipating the play when the opponents have the puck.

Probably due to his lack of NHL games.

He is going to be a stud, but please lets not go down the Hodgson road again..

oh i know he is taking it but would be nice for nomination been awhile for Rookie Goalie to be in the Calder trophy talk

only Rookie with 30 plus starts but 3rd in GAA of all rookie goalies 3rd in sv for 20 plus starts and is the rookie shutout leader and 3 wins back of Anderson for rookie wins

their should be some rookie goalie award or something

I am so happy Eddie stepped right into Cory's shoes. Having Eddie plus Horvat >>>>>>> Schneider.

fantastic performance by lack tonight... he made it look very easy.

D did a great job keeping the shot quality low and not screening him as well.

Jensen... Please keep this up. You are the sniper this team has been yearning for!!!

EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE !!!

Can you show me the source where he says he is great in all areas of the ice? I have a hard time believing he said that. The guy I have been watching does not seem like he is honestly NHL ready. He is weak on the boards and still isnt up to speed when anticipating the play when the opponents have the puck.

Probably due to his lack of NHL games.

He is going to be a stud, but please lets not go down the Hodgson road again..

What could have been... I am over it and fine with the trade but Shinkaruk-Hodgson-Jensen would have been one hell of a line!

Talk will be why he wasn't called up sooner, fire Gillis etc. Even though he wasn't ready at all.

We're just being given a shred of hope going forward. We'll take it.

If Jensen does well Gillis is scrutinized if he doesn't do well Gillis is scrutunized for bringing him to early. C'mon man give the guy a break, hes made a lot of mistakes but give your head a shake. Did you ever think that this was the perfect timing for Jensen to come up.

Just watched the highlights. Eddie Lack looked solid and confident, seemed to have a great game. And man, that Jensen wrist shot was one of the best wristers I've seen in a while. Sure it got tipped a bit, but man, the velocity on it was great. I really hope this guy can stay consistent and stay with us next year, looks like a 20 goal scorer right now.

You thinking Nylander or Virtanen?

Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ehlers, Perlini, Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, Kapanen and Fleury:

I'd run away with any one of those 12 players and be very happy, which is why I'm hoping that our pick is 12th at the very least.

Pastrnak, Kempe, and Honka are the only other ones that I at least have some slight interest in drafting.

Danny - Kesler - Kassian 1A

Burrows - Hank - Jensen 1B

If Kass and Burr can perform this would give us lots of versatility. Teams wouldn't just be able to shut down one line (the Sedins' line) and man handle us anymore. The only reason we went to the cup In 2011 was because Kesler gave us a deadly second line.

Archived