The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: La Nostra Famiglia

Intoewsables

Sheriff, investigate one of the two bros. Don't worry about investigating the other yet, though. Waste of a round. Set up an alliance and just ask the one player you do investigate not to reveal to the other your identity just yet.

Would you investigate someone who asks to be investigated in the first round if you were sheriff? And if that person came up TP, would you contact them to make an alliance knowing full well that KP and Lackey roles are likely out there?

There's definitely the case that the Sheriff already used his investigation, but it doesn't mean there isn't a Spokesperson already. If I was investigated RD 1 and became a spokesperson, I'd wait until next round to reveal myself because I'd just draw attention to myself when there is no reason to do so.

And then there is as you said, that they've hit Mafia, and are currently figuring a way to get the information out.

Would you investigate someone who asks to be investigated in the first round if you were sheriff? And if that person came up TP, would you contact them to make an alliance knowing full well that KP and Lackey roles are likely out there?

Dear god, if we have a Sheriff who is afraid to contact anyone we're screwed. Risks need to be taken in this game sometimes.

Dear god, if we have a Sheriff who is afraid to contact anyone we're screwed. Risks need to be taken in this game sometimes.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean they should contact someone who asked to be investigated. Better they contact someone who didn't ask, no?

Agreed, but that doesn't mean they should contact someone who asked to be investigated. Better they contact someone who didn't ask, no?

If you were KP, would you come out in the thread asking to be investigated, knowing people like you would assume this very thing?

No one ever trusts the people who ask to be investigated. At least I don't. (Although if I were Sheriff, I would trust mau5trap and ilduce right now.)

Absolutely. If I were a Sheriff, I wouldn't investigate someone who asked myself.

Safe to say the games picked up now thanks to Mau5trap and ilduce.

Agreed. At least by coming out, they avoid possible death by the Vig (and whatever other killing roles Intoews decided to haunt us with, depending on faction of course).

Sheriff? There had to be some kind of dictionary thread with all these terms.

But alliances sound cool. I want in on one. :D

I'm not going to go searching for the roles database, but...

Sheriff - One investigation per round. Can tell if a player is affiliated with Mafia, or Not affiliated with Mafia

Serial Killer (SK) - Can submit one kill per round. Does not win with either TP or Mafia, wins on his own

Vigilante - Can submit one kill per round, wins with TP

Doctor - Can save one player per round, can only save themselves twice per game

Watcher - Can watch one player per round to see who visited that player

Kingpin (KP) - Is aligned with the Mafia. Can investigate one player every 2nd round, when investigated, will show up as Not affiliated with Mafia.

For now that's what I believe is in this game and you'll have to worry about

I'm not going to go searching for the roles database, but...

Sheriff - One investigation per round. Can tell if a player is affiliated with Mafia, or Not affiliated with Mafia

Serial Killer (SK) - Can submit one kill per round. Does not win with either TP or Mafia, wins on his own

Vigilante - Can submit one kill per round, wins with TP

Doctor - Can save one player per round, can only save themselves twice per game

Watcher - Can watch one player per round to see who visited that player

Kingpin (KP) - Is aligned with the Mafia. Can investigate one player every 2nd round, when investigated, will show up as Not affiliated with Mafia.

For now that's what I believe is in this game and you'll have to worry about

Watcher without lackey?

How so?

You've really seemed to be pushing the sheriff to trust people.

What so bad about taking there time and making sure you're contacting the right people.

Everyone except you and the two involved seemed to be pretty united that investigating those two at this time doesn't seem like the greatest idea.

Just seems quite off for me. Making me really think this is somehow part of a mafia plan.

If you were KP, would you come out in the thread asking to be investigated, knowing people like you would assume this very thing?

No one ever trusts the people who ask to be investigated. At least I don't. (Although if I were Sheriff, I would trust mau5trap and ilduce right now.)

It's happened before so I don't see why it wouldn't happen again. I'm not accusing Il Duce or Mau5trap of being mafia at all, I'm just saying there is NO reason for the sheriff to take the chance, especially in the first round.

Archived