The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Wild

MattJVD

The Excel Center is not friendly to the Canucks..and missing two thirds of our top line does not bode well (unlucky)..

I'm a little teed off that Torts couldn't keep that Matthias-Richardson-Kassian line together..they had something really going in the last game.

Win or lose..I'm looking forward to a spirited game.

Dallas losing currently 3-1.

Need coyotes to go 3-6 down stretch but we need to win

If we can win both Wednesday and Thursday we can get within 5 points of the wild too

I've stopped watching Phoenix and have been watching Minnesota, it's much more realistic that we catch them believe it or not.

How so? Minnesota is 3 points ahead of Phoenix with 1 game in hand.

Schedule for Minnesota

Canucks 10th 76pts -L- Starts right here with a W for the Canucks

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Phoenix 8th 82pts -L- Hope for a loss to a hungry Phoenix who is getting hot.

LA Kings 6th 90pts - L

Chicago 4th 99ts - L

Penguins 2nd 97pts - L

Winnepeg 12th 73pts - W

Boston 1st 104pts - L

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Nashville 11th 73pts - W

89 points, possibly 91 if they beat Phoenix.

Canucks

Minnesota W

Colorado W

Anaheim W/L

Rangers W

LA Kings W

Anaheim L

Colorado W

Edmonton W

Calgary W

Putting us at 90/92 points. We just need Dallas to not make the cut for the play-offs.

Now I KNOW people are going to say "GIVE IT UP, NOT GOING HAPPEN, KEEP DREAMING, RATHER TANK. BLAH BLAH, NEGATIVE CRAP, MORE NEGATIVITY.

We are not catching anyone ..

^^^^

Like that post

But I believe in this team and will always look for the most positive outcome. It's NOT unrealistic for this team to beat Anaheim or LA once this year. We have also beat Colorado already this year so I believe they can do it again. They just have to get hot and stay hot.

Schedule for Minnesota

Canucks 10th 76pts -L- Starts right here with a W for the Canucks

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Phoenix 8th 82pts -L- Hope for a loss to a hungry Phoenix who is getting hot.

LA Kings 6th 90pts - L

Chicago 4th 99ts - L

Penguins 2nd 97pts - L

Winnepeg 12th 73pts - W

Boston 1st 104pts - L

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Nashville 11th 73pts - W

89 points, possibly 91 if they beat Phoenix.

Canucks

Minnesota W

Colorado W

Anaheim W/L

Rangers W

LA Kings W

Anaheim L

Colorado W

Edmonton W

Calgary W

Putting us at 90/92 points. We just need Dallas to not make the cut for the play-offs.

Now I KNOW people are going to say "GIVE IT UP, NOT GOING HAPPEN, KEEP DREAMING, RATHER TANK. BLAH BLAH, NEGATIVE CRAP, MORE NEGATIVITY.

^^^^

Like every single one of his posts.

But I believe in this team and will always look for the most positive outcome. It's NOT unrealistic for this team to beat Anaheim or LA once this year. We have also beat Colorado already this year so I believe they can do it again. They just have to get hot and stay hot.

After a few decades the meaning of this changes. Its not just about squeaking into the playoffs to give us a thrill while we watch them get blown away. That solves nothing.

Its about the long game. The draft, developing the next core so they can rise up to hopefully be as good as this core was. When we start to look at it from this point of view, the losing becomes easier to take. You cant just keep winning over and over. Even Detroit is finally falling off the rails.

Frackin coyotes to bad we stunk in january the team will get a decent draft pick this yr. Time to go young and get rid of a few core assets (kesler, hansen and one of our top 6 dmen maybe tanev). Tanev is only dman with out a no trade clause and will want a huge increase in salary if he wants more than 3.5 package him up to highest bidder. Islanders and oilers need dmen I want virtanen and mckeown.

Archived