The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Wild

MattJVD

it's fun day dreaming how they might make the playoffs and it's fun when the team's winning, but for the betterment of the team Canucks NEED to lose.

they don't need to lose-- they're going to lose. i couldn't care less if they don't make the playoffs. i'm not delusional in regards to this team. i'm not setting myself up for disappointment for when this team is mathmatically out. a loss tonight will pretty much seal our fate and we can move on, or keep panicking that we've missed the playoffs and start demanding some heads. i'd love to see that

Scarey odds...4% chance of making the playoffs 100% chance of a 4 game sweep once we're in.I'd prefer the better draft pick and try next year with younger players and healthier vetrans.

Would also love to see a new coach that actually has a plan other than blocking shots and playing 5-6 guys to death.

EDIT-3-1 Wild

You don't get it?

Richardson, Mathias, and Dalpe are bigger and better than Schroeder and we want to win tonight, not please somebody's mom.

The only reason to play him is to (hopefully) showcase him so some value can be retrieved when he is included as a part in a bigger trade.

If we get eliminated, we can show Jordan to potential suitors.

You don't understand?

The whole point is to make the playoffs so you can contend for the cup.

Tanking is not good for any team.

I never asked about Richardson or Matthias. Is Zac Dalpe playing 5 minutes that much of an upgrade over Jordan Schroeder playing 5 minutes and as a possible PP option? "Well, he's bigger"? Bigger isn't necessarily better, and this isn't the Boston Bruins we're facing tonight either.

If the "whole point" (your words) is to make the playoffs and contend for the Cup, why didn't we go out and trade for a Vanek, Moulson, etc by offering up 1st round picks and top prospects? Those guys definitely would help this team with a playoff push.

Judging from my replies it seems people are misunderstanding me. I've said nothing about tanking. I will root for my favourite team to win tonight, but I feel that adding to our (finally) growing prospect pool is the safer and better option for this team going forward. I'm not ruling anything out here. Maybe we'll make the playoffs. Maybe we'll even win the freakin' Stanley Cup. Unfortunately, the odds of that happening are so low at this point that I would RATHER procure a top-10. Then use said pick to draft someone who has a better chance at helping us in the future than us making the playoffs right now.

they don't need to lose-- they're going to lose. i couldn't care less if they don't make the playoffs. i'm not delusional in regards to this team. i'm not setting myself up for disappointment for when this team is mathmatically out. a loss tonight will pretty much seal our fate and we can move on, or keep panicking that we've missed the playoffs and start demanding some heads. i'd love to see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNLdjwXgnI

We have a 0.11875% chance of winning the Stanley Cup.

So the first wildcard has a 92.5% chance of making the playoffs? I guess it means that the top 7 Western Conference teams are WAY better than the bottom 7.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Jensen - Henrik - Burrows would be significantly better than any line without Henrik or Burrows. Daniel - Kesler - Jensen just doesn't seem as good.

Well that's fine and dandy. I didn't say you can't have your opinion just don't go off the handle and expect everyone to understand the situation like you and have the exact same viewpoint as you.

For what is is worth you have my apology for referring to 12 years olds and thus comparing you to one (I actually wasn't calling you 12 though). It was to prove a point, when I was 25 I was exactly like you in terms of belief. We all progress through stages in our life. Of course I've now been through 15 more Canuck seasons since then which gives me a different perspective. In fact, 15 years ago this was the best we had to hope for. I would have been hanging on and hoping to hope of all hopes ... and it would have been fun. And it was like this every single year ... without fail, or with fail works just as well I guess.

Now, with the success we have had in the last 6 -10 years coupled with the decline of this team in a lot of ways, the lack of flexibility to bring in new players, the inability to add to the top 6 (for whatever reason), the injuries to Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, Santorelli, Tanev, Bieksa, Stanton, Edler, the suspension of coaches and players alike, the trading of our only experienced goalie, and the FACT that we are virtually eliminated at this point, it brings me to the conclusion that cheering the team to win a couple games for the old college try is rather unrewarding at this point in my life, and at this point in the season. So am I obligated to do so here just because you do?

Like I said everyone should be entitled to their viewpoint and I thought that's what this website was about. A fourm free to all to view and post comments regarding the Canucks, general hockey and the like. I was not aware that all of our posts had be rosy, cheery, and 100% full of positivity. If that is the case I missed it when I read the rules. If someone wants to show me that I will be more than happy to stop posting and sharing my opinion.

Anyways,

I hope the Canucks go 9-0, Phoenix goes 4-5, and Dallas goes 4-6, we beat the Blues in 7, Hawks in 7 and Ducks in 7 on the way to beating the Bruins in 7, to win the CUP.

GO CANUCKS GO

-we can do this

-believe in blue

I didn't mean to come off as harsh, your post though definitely made me smile. I understand where you are coming from, that is why I said some people have different opinions and tastes. Maybe mine will be the same as yours one day... But until that day... Canucks are going to end the season on a perfect note.

Scarey odds...4% chance of making the playoffs 100% chance of a 4 game sweep once we're in.I'd prefer the better draft pick and try next year with younger players and healthier vetrans.

Would also love to see a new coach that actually has a plan other than blocking shots and playing 5-6 guys to death.

EDIT-3-1 Wild

If the Canucks make it to the play-offs and get St Louis 1st. I think we would see a 1st round upset. We swept them this season.

Schedule for Minnesota

Canucks 10th 76pts -L- Starts right here with a W for the Canucks

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Phoenix 8th 82pts -L- Hope for a loss to a hungry Phoenix who is getting hot.

LA Kings 6th 90pts - L

Chicago 4th 99ts - L

Penguins 2nd 97pts - L

Winnepeg 12th 73pts - W

Boston 1st 104pts - L

St Louis 1st 103pts - L

Nashville 11th 73pts - W

89 points, possibly 91 if they beat Phoenix.

Canucks

Minnesota W

Colorado W

Anaheim W/L

Rangers W

LA Kings W

Anaheim L

Colorado W

Edmonton W

Calgary W

Putting us at 90/92 points. We just need Dallas to not make the cut for the play-offs.

Now I KNOW people are going to say "GIVE IT UP, NOT GOING HAPPEN, KEEP DREAMING, RATHER TANK. BLAH BLAH, NEGATIVE CRAP, MORE NEGATIVITY.

^^^^

Like that post

But I believe in this team and will always look for the most positive outcome. It's NOT unrealistic for this team to beat Anaheim or LA once this year. We have also beat Colorado already this year so I believe they can do it again. They just have to get hot and stay hot.

I'll say it. You're dreaming.

I'm all for optimism but any slim chance went in that third period against the Islanders.

This team needs a top 8 pick.

If the Canucks make it to the play-offs and get St Louis 1st. I think we would see a 1st round upset. We swept them this season.

Ok mr super optimist.

You can call him "super optimist"

I call him a guy that is looking to make the best out of a very tough situation.

There are 23 guys in the visitors Dressing room in MIN right now that feel the same as he does!

And so am I. Get a decent draft pick and retool for next season.

Archived