The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[LeBrun] "John Tortorella will be fired"

Strombone1

When is this franchise gonna stop blaming the coaches and management and finally realize that maybe just maybe we need new PLAYERS. The core has been her for 5+ years! Maybe that's what needs changing

Probably because coaches and management are responsible for the roster... Unless you are blaming the bad players for putting themselves on the team

Yet in the same segment go on to say everything is ok in Toronto and there is no need for knee jerk moves and Nonis has never fired a coach, but should have Carlyle's back because there is nothing wrong...

Free falling so dramatically from the playoffs and Toronto is ok.

Canucks injured basically ALL year and barring 1 solid month suffered an entire season because of it while adjusting to an entirely new system of play under a new coach...fire all the people!!!!!!

TSN is nothing but a panel full of poop eating donkey shaggers....

And Tavares is not happy on Long Island, in my opinion with no credible rumour and not ever speaking to anyone affiliated with Tavares said Dreger

Everyone has an opionion but the only one that matters and the only ones who know are the AquaFamiliy.

So for what it's worth, like several others have suggested:

GMMG----------gone! or booted upstairs, Pres. only

Aquaman tells Torts change your style if you want to remain with the club

Bring in New GM, runs the hockey club as far as players go, carte blanc for trades, if it fits the cap, blah, blah, etc.

Revisit Torts at Xmas, if same style or no improvement ---------------gone! and take coaching staff with him

Really thinking that Torts only gets fired. Gillis most likely stays, unlike we can get David Poile as new GM.

Coaches are easier to replace than GM's so thats probably why management will take their time with the GM role.

Hopefully we can pick up Peter Laviolette as coach and also in our perfect world pick up Poile as well.

So...what can we figure from all this?

First off, something isn't working. Is this fact, speculation, or is there something behind the scenes at work here?

Torts' style has been wearing down this team, making them slower than ever!!! That's what we do know.

MG made a mess of the whole goalie situation. Now we have no all star goalie! I think Lack will be great, but he needs some time.

Are there problems in the locker room with Kes like there have been speculated?

I think if the decision on Torts hasn't been made already, FA needs to meet with every player on this team. Coaching staff, everyone! Find out where the cancer is and cut it OUT!!!!

God give me strength to survive this TSN idiocy and the resultant furor on CDC .. Dreger and LeBrun and all those TO trolls are hopefully going to be out of a job, especially when Nonis gets the boot .. and Dreger's 'sources' dry up

why not? we cant bash tsn but they can hug the leafs nuts season in and season out?

It's besides the point.

I think we should focus on why a first year coach is being fired. Why he was hired in the first place when his system doesn't fit the personnel. Why he got a 5 year contract when Canucks were the only team interested. Why has the GM handcuffed the team in this situation with all the NTCs, how the GM didn't for see players underperforming and needing a change, why does our scouting suck, why do we have neither one of our top goalies, why the GM has failed to make any changes to this team since the cup final, etc.

I don't give a rats ass about TSNs agenda. They're not the only ones who think the whole management should be shown the door.

I doubt it.

A big time core shake up is in order before a new coach.

The start of the decline preceeded Torts by a good 22 months.

agreed, Torts is the easy target. The blame goes to Gillis for this mess. He is the one that needs to go, he's the hardest to replace though.

I think Torts deserves the be the coach at the beginning of the season and Gillis needs to make the necessary changes in the off season.

If we come out of the gates like crap next season then Torts can be replaced.

It's besides the point.

I think we should focus on why a first year coach is being fired. Why he was hired in the first place when his system doesn't fit the personnel. Why he got a 5 year contract when Canucks were the only team interested. Why has the GM handcuffed the team in this situation with all the NTCs, how the GM didn't for see players underperforming and needing a change, why does our scouting suck, why do we have neither one of our top goalies, why the GM has failed to make any changes to this team since the cup final, etc.

I don't give a rats ass about TSNs agenda. They're not the only ones who think the whole management should be shown the door.

I think we should focus on the fact that this is 100% pure speculation.

Archived