The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[LeBrun] "John Tortorella will be fired"

Strombone1

Developing_Header.jpg

Not that it's breaking news but this latest article by Pierre LeBrun just affirms the faith of VAN Canucks Head Coach next season.

Tortorella could be out

Even though he still has four years and $8 million left on his deal, I think it is more than likely that John Tortorella will be fired as head coach after the season in Vancouver.

I like Torts, but he was never the right fit for that team.

The Canucks built a blue-line corps meant for a quick transition game, but the club has played more of a chip and chase, shot-blocking game this season. As one NHL scout told ESPN.com, "The wrong system for that set of players."

The real question in Vancouver is whether that’s going to be enough change. I suspect ownership continues to debate internally whether or not to fire GM Mike Gillis and that’s really going to be the biggest decision of all.

Personally, I would allow Gillis at least one more year to redirect the ship. I think he’s earned that.

Gillis, by the way, also has four more years on his contract.

Source

Makes sense........ Fire the coach after one bad year... Boo hoo... Give him one more year fire or "promote" gillis to get him out of the front office... Make a few trades and get new faces and young guys in the lineup and I think we will do just fine under Torterellas direction he's not a bad coach, he was great when we were winning but now that we're in a losing 2014 we gotta fire torts right away... Bit we kept AV after we missed the playoffs in one year... This year is no different give the guy a chance!

Hire Laviolette

- stanley cup champ as coach, 2 stanley cup appearances without the BORING hockey, drama, and yelling at players torts brings.

Even Marc Crawford would be better fit for this team with his run n gun style.

Torts acts gets old fast and sooner all players will tune him out if they havent already.

Archived