The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson bumped of top 6 centre minutes by Ennis and Girgensons

So Cody might be happy with it, but we'll have to see what his dad says and how Winters reacts if his time here was any indication.

I know i'm going to get flame for this, but did we Draft Cody Hodgson 2.0 with Horvat?

Think about everything we said about Hodgson while in junior, gifted, smart player, plays on the PK, great defensively, great in faceoff, great leader/futur captain.

Not necessarily all going to transfer into the NHL. Being good defensively in junior and NHL is totally a different thing.

No, we didn't. Hodgson played defensive minutes similar to how the Sedins have been playing them this year. Horvat is more of a true shutdown center whose offensive abilities aren't at the same level as Hodgson, but are still very good. Horvat actually is great in faceoffs and defensively, where I don't think anyone used such glowing adjectives for Hodgson when looking at his junior career. Good maybe, but not great.

Can't really judge and blame Hodgson for his lack of production, that whole team is not doing well, they're in rebuilt mode so expect him to kind of suck for the next 1-2 years. He'll be a lot better when Buffalo gets a lot better. Just look at Edmonton, all those 1st overall pick and those players are playing average. Fact is it's hard to raise players in a losing environment.

Good decision by Nolan. CH is an offensive player and this will make it easier to do what he's paid to do. He's a very good playmaker and can snipe a few, without the defensive concerns of being a C. Nothing wrong with being a LW on a scoring second line.

I don't have any ill will towards Cody and I hope he can develop into the player people projected him to be.

I'm happy with Zack progress and am looking forward to see how he turns out in the coming years.

So funny hodgson is so overrated cant believe he makes 4.25 mill for next 5 seasons so bad defensively guess thats wat 4.25 mill gets u 20'goals 20 assists and no defense kassian is a stud hope we sign him to a 4 yr deal 3 mill per this summer lock him up please

Not that I am crazy, but nightly I would scream at the TV for a Hodgson-Kesler-Booth line or a Kesler-Hodgson-Booth line - it is astounding why AV did not try that, but people do stupid things when they come to vancouver, Tortorella behaved allseason then in January did something even more stupid and harmful to the team than anything he did in NY

I don't think Cody and Kes would have been a good match.

Cody needs to be fed the puck down low and we all know Kesler is all about shooting. Plus cody didn't have the speed to create anything off the rush, not that Kesler would have passed it to him anyway.

I know i'm going to get flame for this, but did we Draft Cody Hodgson 2.0 with Horvat?

Think about everything we said about Hodgson while in junior, gifted, smart player, plays on the PK, great defensively, great in faceoff, great leader/futur captain.

Not necessarily all going to transfer into the NHL. Being good defensively in junior and NHL is totally a different thing.

Clearly you don't know much about hockey, so I won't be mean.

So Cody might be happy with it, but we'll have to see what his dad says and how Winters reacts if his time here was any indication.

No, we didn't. Hodgson played defensive minutes similar to how the Sedins have been playing them this year. Horvat is more of a true shutdown center whose offensive abilities aren't at the same level as Hodgson, but are still very good. Horvat actually is great in faceoffs and defensively, where I don't think anyone used such glowing adjectives for Hodgson when looking at his junior career. Good maybe, but not great.

I read 'fine.'

I was one of the few who defended the Hodgson/Kassian trade and despite Zach proving to us all how truly stupid he can be on a fairly regular basis I still think we won this trade hands down. I only wish we would have traded for Girgensons but he hadn't been drafted yet (he he). Zemgus>Zach>Cody IMHO.

I don't really care what Hodgson does or doesn't do while he is on the Sabres. He doesn't need to play bad to make me feel better about the trade since all I care about is what Kassian does on the Canucks. I really like Kassian and I'm glad Gillis made this trade, Hodgson is an over rated, not physical, one dimensional player. Even if Cody was playing good hockey all season, I'd still be happy with this trade. No point in worrying about what Cody does since he doesn't play here any more.

I don't really care what Hodgson does or doesn't do while he is on the Sabres. He doesn't need to play bad to make me feel better about the trade since all I care about is what Kassian does on the Canucks. I really like Kassian and I'm glad Gillis made this trade, Hodgson is an over rated, not physical, one dimensional player. Even if Cody was playing good hockey all season, I'd still be happy with this trade. No point in worrying about what Cody does since he doesn't play here any more.

well then why did you come into this discussion if you dont care??? this is general hockey catagory if you only care about the canucks then head back to the canucks talk catagory.

Archived