The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

The good old "demolish them one game, lose by one in the other" Blue Jays. They split a series, but run away further with the best run differential total in the MLB. Their +83 is 16 better than the next best in all of baseball.

Doesn't matter too much when their winning percentage is only the 11th best in baseball, and there are 2 teams ahead of them within their own division, but the level of dominance this team continues to show suggests that the best is yet to really even come.

The good old "demolish them one game, lose by one in the other" Blue Jays. They split a series, but run away further with the best run differential total in the MLB. Their +83 is 16 better than the next best in all of baseball.

Doesn't matter too much when their winning percentage is only the 11th best in baseball, and there are 2 teams ahead of them within their own division, but the level of dominance this team continues to show suggests that the best is yet to really even come.

I totally agree..but damn...I would feel better with a proven closer and another name starter...I think that would put them over the top.

A little worried ...the Jays start a 3 game set against the Orioles then the Rays..they usually play like crap against both those teams..especially the Rays..they cant beat them...this will be a good test.

Edited by ShakyWalton

I totally agree..but damn...I would feel better with a proven closer and another name starter...I think that would put them over the top.

A little worried ...the Jays start a 3 game set against the Orioles then the Rays..they usually play like crap against both those teams..especially the Rays..they cant beat them...this will be a good test.

The often rumored deal with the Phillies would certainly address that. We could probably get Hamels and Papelbon.

The problem is, it would decimate the farm system, might not result in a playoff spot (let alone a World Series) and then we'd have years of watching players like Syndergaard dominate for other teams.

I'd like to see where this team is at in September and if they're still within striking distance make a deal then. Maybe not for someone as high profile as the two Phillies, but someone who can contribute.

The other thing to remember is that at some point, we'll have Travis back. He should make a potent offense even better. Castro will likely be a call-up when rosters are expanded and we might even get Strohman back, although who knows how effective he might be.

That's why GMs make the big bucks...

I think Travis is back on Monday....out of all this I feel for Michael Saunders who blew out his knee on bad turf at spring training...the guy was set to be a regular outfielder and this happens..he has played about 3 games and not to sure he will play anymore this year..real tough break..

I'm sick of Reyes swinging at the first pitch so often. I know some say it may be the best pitch he'll see but how does anyone know that for sure. He may see a better pitch later in the count. He's not a lead off hitter. Far too solo, far too impatient. One and done way too much to be the lead off. That's why I like Donaldson. He's a team first player that'll work the count and not a solo act looking for glory on the first pitch.

Geez man. It's never easy with Cecil. This team desperately needs a closer.

Yep, don't get management. You got the best offensive firepower in the Majors but crapass bullpen. This is essentially your last shot...one would think you make a few moves, shore it up, and have a solid roster. Just iron out this one part but no, management is stupid af.

...frack Cecil, take him out already!!!