The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Im kind of glad about that actually...Price said he wouldnt rule out signing in TO.

Despite what a lot of the pundits say, I think there is a good chance he re-signs. The Jays can offer him as much as any team with Dickey and Buerlhe off of the books.

The Jays will still be able to put together a decent rotation behind him in Hutch, Stroman, Sanchez and Estrada. They have some relief pitching but it could be better. They could turn Baistista into another good pitcher or two, or recoup youth. Same with EE.

An offense built around Tulo, Travis, Martin and Donaldson will be still above average. There is depth there now as well.

This isn't Bautista's team anymore.

It's now the Josh and Troy show.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's dealt in the offseason.

I usually agree with most things you say, but common are you serious? Jose is the leader of the Jays and is still putting up very strong numbers.It's not like his production has feel off. Donaldson is an absolute stud, him and TT will be here for a long time but it's still Joses team

I usually agree with most things you say, but common are you serious? Jose is the leader of the Jays and is still putting up very strong numbers.It's not like his production has feel off. Donaldson is an absolute stud, him and TT will be here for a long time but it's still Jose's team

I'm not slamming Jose but it's a culture change clearly. Bringing in guys like TT, Martin and Donaldson is a an obvious sign that Bautista isn't expected to be the only leader in the clubhouse, if at all.

Yes, he still gets on base but he's far from untouchable now.

I think Price is going to resign with TO. I mean Rogers will give him the damn money LOL.

They need to, in order for this trade to mean anything. 7 starts of Price isn't worth trading your top prospects. No matter how desperate you are to make the playoffs.

I know for a fact that Norris will be a good pitcher, in this league. His curveball is just pure filthy. It kind of reminds me of Kershaw's curveball.

Norris-Curve.gif

Edited by shiznak

They need to, in order for this trade to mean anything. 7 starts of Price isn't worth trading your top prospects. No matter how desperate you are to make the playoffs.

I know for a fact that Norris will be a good pitcher, in this league. His curveball is just pure filthy. It kind of reminds me of Kershaw's curveball.

Norris-Curve.gif

As I said in an earlier post, I think there's a few things that give the Jays a strong case to re-sign him. However, I'd also like to see them use him like the Brewers used CC Sabathia. If he's willing to, pitch the sh?t out of him. Use him on short rest. He's far and away the best arm you have and your best change of playing in October.

The problem I can see with that is Price agreeing to do it. CC, while a good pitcher, wasn't as sought after as Price is so doing what he did there in 2008 really helped drive up his value on the FA market (not to mention it was fun to watch).

Fk Cecil's on... Holding my breath for this one.

Good inning, thank god.

Actually the bullpen (Cecil included) has been solid ever since the all-star break.

I'll never understand why baseball doesn't automate strike/ball calls.

The feedback on TV is literally instant after pitches.

Just play it on a jumbrotron, simple.

Angel had a tough game last night.

Pitches 4 inches off the plate called strikes, (Pillar forced to swing at a high, outside pitch because of such a call on the previous one) and pitches on the corners called balls all night long. You could see that Martin was frustrated as well...

At least he gave us that late balk call....

David Price quickly becoming a fan favorite.

#jays fans please find out who this kid is and his or his parents Twitter handle!! His price jersey will be waiting http://t.co/7L9IBJHs7o

I saw a few of those around the park. Classy move by Price.

Happiest people about this trade? The guys who write headlines....

- The Price is Right

- Paying the Price

- Price a Bargain

and for GoT fans....The Iron Price! B)

Actually the bullpen (Cecil included) has been solid ever since the all-star break.

Pitches 4 inches off the plate called strikes, (Pillar forced to swing at a high, outside pitch because of such a call on the previous one) and pitches on the corners called balls all night long. You could see that Martin was frustrated as well...

I have watched this guy have a few rough games..lol

That's what makes baseball baseball though. For me personally I don't really like the new challenges to review calls. You deal with the bad calls, sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't but it evens out over the course of a season.

I'm not a purist in the sense that I don't like the safety netting in the seats, that's just ridiculous, but I do like the old school ways of baseball.

That's what makes baseball baseball though. For me personally I don't really like the new challenges to review calls. You deal with the bad calls, sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't but it evens out over the course of a season.

I'm not a purist in the sense that I don't like the safety netting in the seats, that's just ridiculous, but I do like the old school ways of baseball.

The only issue I have with the review system is that teams basically have all the time they need to decide whether or not to challenge. You can see it every time there's a close play. Gibby hops out of the dugout, while Hale gets on the phone to whoever it is that monitors replays for T.O.

Gibby stalls and Demarlo gives him the thumbs up, or thumbs down. There's little risk in this scenario and it slows down an already slow sport.

I'd keep the challenge, but initiate a time limit.

yeah I know but I still don't trust Cecil.

You just never know on a given night. Overall Cecil has done what was asked of him. He isn't suited for the closer's role, but he stepped up when asked. Thanks to Osuna, they were able to move him back to a role more suited to him, but it's telling that a guy who tops out a 90 mph was given the job at all.

If you had told me going in that Madsen wouldn't get an out last night, I would have said you were crazy. Sometimes, a guy just doesn't have it.

You just never know on a given night. Overall Cecil has done what was asked of him. He isn't suited for the closer's role, but he stepped up when asked. Thanks to Osuna, they were able to move him back to a role more suited to him, but it's telling that a guy who tops out a 90 mph was given the job at all.

If you had told me going in that Madsen wouldn't get an out last night, I would have said you were crazy. Sometimes, a guy just doesn't have it.

kind of like Lowe right now..rough first outing