The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

20 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

And the Bautista experiment is done already lol

And I for one, am sad about that. Bats was a moody and sometimes self-centered guy, but he was also one of the greats this franchise has ever seen and he always put it all out there while wearing the Jays' jersey.

I wish the organization could find a place for him, so he could move into the next chapter in the city where he became a star.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And I for one, am sad about that. Bats was a moody and sometimes self-centered guy, but he was also one of the greats this franchise has ever seen and he always put it all out there while wearing the Jays' jersey.

I wish the organization could find a place for him, so he could move into the next chapter in the city where he became a star.

For a salary of $1M I'd take him and let him battle with Morales as the DH, not going to hurt this season that's for sure.

I've been defending Gibby for quite a few years, but watching the team's lazy play the past couple of weeks has me thinking it's time to move on.

I don't remember the exact game or opponent (frankly they all blend into one another after a while) but the Jays made a half dozen or so errors in the field. Donaldson booted two that were right at him, whoever was at short bobbled two easy double play balls and there were a couple of miscues in the outfield as well....

... but those didn't bother me nearly as much as a play I saw from a batter later on. Now don't get me wrong, I like Solarte and right now I'm kind of wishing the team had traded JD at the deadline....but:

During the opponents' at bat, one of their guys hit what looked like a routine pop-up to left. Even so, he put his head down and busted his butt around the bases, managing to turn it into a hustle double, when the Jays' fielder couldn't get there.

A couple of innings later, Solarte does the exact same thing, but instead of hustling out of the box, he looks skyward, throws his bat away and starts jogging to first. Only when he notices that the ball is going to drop, does he start running hard and because of that, gets thrown out at second.

These kinds of lazy, mental errors are on the coaching staff IMO and it looks to me like Gibby is either slipping, or the players are tuning him out. Either way, it might just be time for a change.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've been defending Gibby for quite a few years, but watching the team's lazy play the past couple of weeks has me thinking it's time to move on.

I don't remember the exact game or opponent (frankly they all blend into one another after a while) but the Jays made a half dozen or so errors in the field. Donaldson booted two that were right at him, whoever was at short bobbled two easy double play balls and there were a couple of miscues in the outfield as well....

... but those didn't bother me nearly as much as a play I saw from a batter later on. Now don't get me wrong, I like Solarte and right now I'm kind of wishing the team had traded JD at the deadline....but:

During the opponents' at bat, one of their guys hit what looked like a routine pop-up to left. Even so, he put his head down and busted his butt around the bases, managing to turn it into a hustle double, when the Jays' fielder couldn't get there.

A couple of innings later, Solarte does the exact same thing, but instead of hustling out of the box, he looks skyward, throws his bat away and starts jogging to first. Only when he notices that the ball is going to drop, does he start running hard and because of that, gets thrown out at second.

These kinds of lazy, mental errors are on the coaching staff IMO and it looks to me like Gibby is either slipping, or the players are tuning him out. Either way, it might just be time for a change.

I've been feeling the same way.  Gibby is a great manager of personalities and giving everyone a roll where they feel helpful and productive.  Maybe even one of the best at that.  But this team lacks intensity now and with Tulo and Bautista not around anymore, it's kind of left to Gibby to bring more of that out and that is just not his strength.

This Shatkins and Gibbons crap really needs to end getting sick of this crap. I never understood getting ride of Ryan Goins made no sense especially with Tulo struggling and of course his injury. This crap about not bringing Vladdy up to play because he needs to learn more defense position at 3rd base is a complete joke, instead let's get Martin in more to play 3B or now having Martin playing SS why do they want his .157 average in the lineup so badly? 

The other day Gibbons had Hernandez leading off again, but he had guys like Granderson, Pillar, Solarte all players capable of leading off instead with a higher on OBP, but no let's not manage the team with the best opportunity stat wise for lineup let's just go with gut instinct because long ball is the only way he knows how to coach ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Donaldson with Calf injury perfect opportunity to bring up Vlad... But they probably won't and just play Martin at 3rd instead 

I'd love to see that but it doesn't sound like Vlad Sr wants his son called up either.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Doesn't say Sr. doesn't want him up at all... He's just implying that people look frustrated that he's not.

Fans are saying they want Vladdy Jr. to be called up and his dad responded to the fans telling them to stop by using the stop emoji.

Edited by Xbox

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nasty looking injury to Ronald Acuna of the Braves yesterday. MRI today, but he was in a wheelchair for the flight home, so it could be pretty serious...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/braves-awaiting-mri-after-acuna-suffers-gruesome-leg-injury/ar-AAxSMF5?li=AAggXBR

only a sprain. Kid is fun to watch, hopefully he is back in the lineup soon