The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

15 hours ago, Gurn said:

Pretty obvious that the ump was pissed off at the player's reaction to the previous pitch. (which was obviously a ball as well)

You have to have a thick skin to be an ump or a referee. (I've been both) If you can't handle some emotion from players, then you shouldn't be doing it. The problem is, some people get into it because it gives them a feeling of power....which they go on to abuse.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Jays down big against the O's

AL Beast owning the Jays this year. I am skeptical they are a playoff team as it looks like there are just too many teams in the AL that are better... Rays, Rangers, Astros, O's, Yanks...

If they miss the playoffs the Jays need to clean house from management, coaches and players.

• Upvote 1

How the hell are the Orioles this good? They pretty much have the exact same roster as last year’s team.

I think everyone, myself included, eventually waiting for them to come down to earth after that hot start to the season, but it looks like they’re the real deal. 

Jays are 37-31 @ Orioles 42-24

Berrios 6-4 3.61 era 70 So versus Kyle Bradish 2-2 4.25 era 51So

Game at 4:05 pacific.

Jays are 10 games behind Tampa, for 1st in the division and 1.5 out of the wild card.

have gone 6-4 in their last ten.

41.9% of the season is done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

th?id=OIP.NymUkk4sp8j9As-_zW5AiwHaD2&w=346&h=180&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

How the hell are the Orioles this good? They pretty much have the exact same roster as last year’s team.

I think everyone, myself included, eventually waiting for them to come down to earth after that hot start to the season, but it looks like they’re the real deal. 

It is very surprising to me also but somehow they keep on winning. The Os look like the 2nd half 2021 Jays right now, hottest team in baseball. They don't have the pitching to go very far in the playoffs but their bats are straight up mashing everything in sight.

59 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Jays are 37-31 @ Orioles 42-24

Berrios 6-4 3.61 era 70 So versus Kyle Bradish 2-2 4.25 era 51So

Game at 4:05 pacific.

Jays are 10 games behind Tampa, for 1st in the division and 1.5 out of the wild card.

have gone 6-4 in their last ten.

41.9% of the season is done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

th?id=OIP.NymUkk4sp8j9As-_zW5AiwHaD2&w=346&h=180&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2

At this point, part of me wants a collapse bad enough to get management replaced.  Shatkins are good at building a slightly above average team, but they lack the killer instinct needed to put the team over the top like AA or Gillick.  I don't trust them to do the right thing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We'd probably have to change Belt to Vladdy.....

And I'd probably do it, if we knew would could re-sign him long term....

I would too.  They're hasn't been a player like this since Babe Ruth and we likely won't see another in our lifetimes.  He's the equivalent of two elite players and should be valued accordingly.  

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I would too.  They're hasn't been a player like this since Babe Ruth and we likely won't see another in our lifetimes.  He's the equivalent of two elite players and should be valued accordingly.  

Yeah, I think the number starts at 50 million per....

50 mil x 8 years?

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I think the number starts at 50 million per....

50 mil x 8 years?

done, then teach to pitch with his other arm.

win in the field

win  on the mound

win on the mound, again.