The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Well...the 3 game set in Seattle turned into 3 almost unwatchable games....nice time to come up flat when the playofffs are on the line and thousands come to cheer them on,,to bad they didnt show up,,...I really think there is no hope for this team until they get their pitching sorted out. John Lester would look good about now.

1-3-0

Starting pitching could have been better but you're not winning many series' when you score 1-3-0 runs.

This team is playing itself right out of the playoffs...typical and almost predictable....AA needs to go and Rogers needs to open the purse strings.

I am quite frankly getting sick of them.

They already tried opening the purse strings and it failed. It's not necessarily about spending money, it's spending it wisely.

Encarnacion is back so at least that should help plate a few runs. No need to give up on the season yet. 3.5 back of the wild card is not out of it by any means.

They already tried opening the purse strings and it failed. It's not necessarily about spending money, it's spending it wisely.

Encarnacion is back so at least that should help plate a few runs. No need to give up on the season yet. 3.5 back of the wild card is not out of it by any means.

Exactly .. they need to go on a run, and they will .. a 15 and 4 run as guys get healthy, and recover their timing .. we need everybody 'core' to be playing tho .. too soon to give up, tho painful to watch right now.

Edit: Oh, and Gibbons is a Minor League Coach .. Texas League .. send him home, please.

Edited by Tearloch7
  • Upvote 1

They opened the purse strings and slammed them shut...

They suck and have no biz in the run..EE wont help at this point.

If you think I am out of line..talk to me when they are 10 out of 1st place.

Exactly .. they need to go on a run, and they will .. a 15 and 4 run as guys get healthy, and recover their timing .. we need everybody 'core' to be playing tho .. too soon to give up, tho painful to watch right now.

Edit: Oh, and Gibbons is a Minor League Coach .. Texas League .. send him home, please.

oh my frere...they are done like dinner.

Not a chance they make the playoffs, unless they go on a ridiculous streak. Really blew the opportunity this year, no way the Redsoxs and Yankees are going to be this bad again next year. I wonder if theyll have enough money to keep melky around and add pitching next year.

Not a chance they make the playoffs, unless they go on a ridiculous streak. Really blew the opportunity this year, no way the Redsoxs and Yankees are going to be this bad again next year. I wonder if theyll have enough money to keep melky around and add pitching next year.

Melky has to be priority #1, but he won't come cheap. I think the Jays will have to pony up around 15 million, for 4 or 5 years to get him to re-up.

I think Rasmus will be gone, so for those of you who aren't fans of Anthony Gose, I have bad news.....

The Jays will likely decide to find a new 2nd baseman. Goins has a great glove, but his career arc at this point looks to be Johnny Mac 2.0. We all seem to forget that Maicer Isturis had a great start to the season, before being lost to injury so the Jays may want to try him again, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them attempt to bring Aaron Hill back to T.O.

As far as pitching goes, I could see AA attempting to move Dickey, Buehrle, or both, for some help at 2nd and in the bullpen. We could see a rotation that includes Stroman and Sanchez and possibly even Daniel Norris. (Don't be surprised if Norris is called up in September. He's been tearing it up in Buffalo)

Whenever I think they're slipping too far the Jays go on a run...so waiting for that run.

As for improvements I really wonder if shifting Lawrie back to 2nd full time would be best. Would he provide that glove at 2nd that he does at third. I know some people knock his baseball smarts, so perhaps not the best idea. If needing to save money you could then have a Fransisco/Valencia platoon and spend money elsewhere.

The rotation is a tough one. There pitching has been okay, meaning the cost to improve is going to be astronomical. Improvements from within in Stroman, Sanchez, and Norris are coming but may be too soon to expect consistent high quality innings.

Whenever I think they're slipping too far the Jays go on a run...so waiting for that run.

As for improvements I really wonder if shifting Lawrie back to 2nd full time would be best. Would he provide that glove at 2nd that he does at third. I know some people knock his baseball smarts, so perhaps not the best idea. If needing to save money you could then have a Fransisco/Valencia platoon and spend money elsewhere.

The rotation is a tough one. There pitching has been okay, meaning the cost to improve is going to be astronomical. Improvements from within in Stroman, Sanchez, and Norris are coming but may be too soon to expect consistent high quality innings.

They need to go all out and make the roster better in the summer. A 1-4 of Reyes, Melky, JB, EE is unreal when all are healthy. I really hope Stroman improves his game even more next year, and doesn't become a Ricky Romero 2.0. I could see the Jays maybe trading Lawrie for pitching help, but his potential is so high that I wouldn't want to trade him