The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Finally won, thank God!

A win is great, but it was frustrating to watch Gibby with the early hook.

Buehrle pitching well, in front of a crowd who was cheering him more than the home team and with 2 on he gets pulled, despite stranding baserunners all game. Enter McGowan to throw gas on the fire and there goes his chance for a win.

I realize that it's all about winning games, but it's also about team morale and MB needed a win, not just a quality start and a no decision....

A win is great, but it was frustrating to watch Gibby with the early hook.

Buehrle pitching well, in front of a crowd who was cheering him more than the home team and with 2 on he gets pulled, despite stranding baserunners all game. Enter McGowan to throw gas on the fire and there goes his chance for a win.

I realize that it's all about winning games, but it's also about team morale and MB needed a win, not just a quality start and a no decision....

I agree .. this MUST be Gibby's last year unless they make the American League Finals .. they should sign Melky now if possible IMO

Honestly, this is so frustrating to see. Bautista has gone out of his way to pour his everything for this city and team and they just don't go their ways to please him.

I understand Bautista isn't the GM and the team doesn't evolve around him but the time to win is now. This is pretty much as good of a Jays team you'll see in a while and it's basically this year or next. AA never traded the young guns at the trade deadline and I like the decision but at the same time, look at the bigger picture, the now. Your opportunity is now and you're wasting it. Could've traded for Price and that would have put us over the top. Could've traded for some hitters too but he elected not to. This is the problem, the Jays have one foot in and one foot out. They are competitive and that's it. Not the top dogs nor do they have the best youth. One would think they choose a side and stick to a plan and last time I checked, they traded youth for RA. That only points at they want to compete so while you're at it, don't halfass it and pull the trigger a few more times and complete what you envisioned.

Staying in the middle isn't doing anyone good and you see why Bautista is upset over not making a move. He committed himself to TO when he could've walked elsewhere to a better team and racked in 10x more money but he stayed and showed his loyalty. Time for AA to do the same in return and reward what a difference JB made by staying here and taking this team out of the gutter. If they don't make the playoffs this season, I expect (want) AA to go all in next year and make sure you've done the best you can to ensure a playoff birth next season. If not, this plan was a fail and it'll all break down soon. And talking about break downs, just have a feeling a Jays will drop down more and the Rays will beat them standings wise.

I would argue that trading two of Stroman, Sanchez, and Norris (plus some other pieces, I bet) to get Price would not have put the Jays over the top as two of those players are making important contributions right now.

Dunno, don't see them winning 20 in a row...

Well Yogi's lines never did make a lot of sense... :)

About a famous NYC restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded"....

I would argue that trading two of Stroman, Sanchez, and Norris (plus some other pieces, I bet) to get Price would not have put the Jays over the top as two of those players are making important contributions right now.

I agree.

In this case, I agree with AA. Giving up any of those guys would have crippled the Jays' future and wouldn't have guaranteed them anything.

• Upvote 1

Well they kept things together longer than usual this season, give them credit for that.

Maybe next year they can somehow get over the hunch and hold on till the end. Maybe a new manager? It's the only thing I see as of now.

their pitching is pathetic right now...even Stroman lasted only 1/3 of an inning last game..Buerlhe has won 1 game sine June , Hutch has no consistency...look at Baltimore, Seattle and others,,their pitching is killer right now...actually their hitting hasnt been very good either...the long ball has vanished..they really need a revamp for next year.

OK .. that's it .. I am gonna 'jump off the wagon' .. as soon as I'm sure theres no more booze on the damn thing! .. injuries and no depth .. feels familiar

I already broke my ankles jumping a few weeks ago..lol....they were rolling quite well until Lawrie, EE and Lind went down and their pitching went south...alas..I was feeling so good about this season too.