The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Honestly, any other team (except for KC) and I'd say that was a complete accident.  But it's Baltimore and Tulo hit a homerun the AB before so...

Plus they were on their way of losing their 3rd straight.highly suspicious,,,getting rid of Tulo helps their cause in their post season push as well.

I have a feeling he wont be out long though...hopefully anyway

Edited by ShakyWalton

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Ervin Santana anyone?

No thanks.

Jays have wanted him for a couple of seasons now. I just think it'd be pretty dumb to acquire him when he's had a not so particularly good season, and to replace a potential Cy young candidate in Sanchez.

I mean if it happens it is what it is. Won't be happy or upset. I guess you have to take into consideration he's on the Twins too which doesn't help his cause either. 

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

39 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

No thanks.

Jays have wanted him for a couple of seasons now. I just think it'd be pretty dumb to acquire him when he's had a not so particularly good season, and to replace a potential Cy young candidate in Sanchez.

I mean if it happens it is what it is. Won't be happy or upset. I guess you have to take into consideration he's on the Twins too which doesn't help his cause either. 

He's still good but no Sanchez replacement. Maybe if it's him we get we use him more often than Sanchez to keep him rested?

5 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Just took a look at David Price' record on the Boston Red Sox ... he's not doing so well this year, not even their best pitcher.   Good thing that Jays didn't pony up big bucks for him to re-sign. 

He was a good fit here because he put a lot of ground balls up the left side where our defense shines.... Bogearts and Johnny random 3rd baseman on Boston.... Not so much.   Can't forget that he went  9-1 here in 11 starts on a full season that's a pace of 27-3.

People that think he'd be stinking out the joint here need to give their heads a shake. Price would have been a 18-23W/ season pitcher had he stayed here. We'll never know as well if he would have played at 20m/season as Shapiro didn't even offer him a dime to stay.  

You can't ignore the trickle down effect as well. Stroman pitched way better, Estrada was lights out as a #3 guy. Price brought so many intangibles it would have been worth it to look at the big picture(yes that's a pun) and give him a big contract even if it meant trading him after this season to recoup some prospects. 

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 1