The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

24 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'm not denying Rogers is cheap. That part is obvious. I despise them and I'm a Bell customer. But the thing is, that has nothing to do with the lack of trades today. 

Standing tall, just look at what the Yankees commanded for Miller and Chapman. Would you want to give that much up? I sure wouldn't. Teams are asking a kings ransom for pitchers this year because the upcoming free agency pool for pitchers is thin.

Jays have contacted the Twins, Phillies and Athletics for pitching help. Yankees ruined it for us by setting this years market for TD pitchers insanely high.

Yea I think it's just unfortunate because barring a miracle I don't see us being this close again for years. As we'll probably lose EE and Bats+ more this off season and I figure the yanks will sign some big free agents in the next two years as they have about 100 million off the books on that time. 

18 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah, I'm not saying that there's no similarities but they're pretty different as

players. From what I've read of Jr, he most likely ends up at 1st base or as a below average 3rd baseman. He lacks the athleticism and arm strength to play the position at a high level, two tools his father was noted for. His bat is what will make his career. His power is impressive, especially at his age. Being as young as he is many things could change still but this is how it looks at the moment.

Yea, the thing that sells me on him is how many 17 year olds show this much potential already, normally you don't get any idea of how good a player is till they're 20-21. I think he's got a few years to aquire a couple more tools to put in the toolbox.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yea I think it's just unfortunate because barring a miracle I don't see us being this close again for years. As we'll probably lose EE and Bats+ more this off season and I figure the yanks will sign some big free agents in the next two years as they have about 100 million off the books on that time. 

When it comes to EE and Saunders, a miracle is all we can hope for. But I'm not going to call for Rogers head for not paying Bautista. He isn't worth anywhere near that and is an easy decision to let walk. I'm more concerned on there plans for Josh Donaldson. Give that man whatever he asks for. Our salary cap of 140M is a joke. It should be at least 170M.

On on a side note, I'm happy we were able to add a solid relief pitcher.

Edited by Xbox

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

When it comes to EE and Saunders, a miracle is all we can hope for. But I'm not going to call for Rogers head for not paying Bautista. He isn't worth anywhere near that and is an easy decision to let walk. 

On on a side note, I'm happy we were able to add a solid relief pitcher.

Feldman is a great depth pitcher. Should be a solid #4/5 guy. The guy we aquired from the Dodgers seems to be a bisons guy, because his MLB #s this year are of the few that are worse than Dickeys this year.

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Feldman is a great depth pitcher. Should be a solid #4/5 guy. The guy we aquired from the Dodgers seems to be a bisons guy, because his MLB #s this year are of the few that are worse than Dickeys this year.

Yeah i saw that, but I'm just happy Jesse Chavez is gone lol. I don't expect much for him.

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Yeah i saw that, but I'm just happy Jesse Chavez is gone lol. I don't expect much for him.

The only thing I liked about Chavez is that he could hold a fair sized chew# Respect.

Well and the fact that he would throw back at teams when our guys were getting thrown at. 

* we have 19 games remaining against the yanks and rays. I think if we can go .500 in other games(preferably with series wins against the Os and Bo-sox) our chances should be good of winning the division. Yankees unloaded Beltran as well making the Rangers more dangerous. And Rays unloaded Matt Moore.