The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Lol yea but they'll probably spend his money on Gibbons and Thole lol

Mark Shapiro going on the radio saying Rogers gave them the green light to spend + them acquiring salary in Liriano and Navarro makes me have faith in this management. 

19 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Mark Shapiro going on the radio saying Rogers gave them the green light to spend + them acquiring salary in Liriano and Navarro makes me have faith in this management. 

Yes good point, Navarro was a very silently good pick up, great locker room addition.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Why let Navarro go if you're going to go back and trade for him later that year. Seems like bad management. You get it in hockey once in a while too.

I wonder how much of that decision was based on Navarro wanting to try to get more playing time.

didnt watch the game at all but some was on in the car,,heard Melvins inside the park HR...sounded exciting...Thole with 2 hitsw...dont care..he has to go and Navarro can catch Dickey..I think he did a bit last year...till they brought Thole up...just cant have 3 catchers and 2 being bench players.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I wonder how much of that decision was based on Navarro wanting to try to get more playing time.

100% of it was. That's why he signed elsewhere.

Why let Navarro go if you're going to go back and trade for him later that year. Seems like bad management. You get it in hockey once in a while too.

We didn't let him go, he chose to leave to pursue a starting job.

Edited by Xbox