The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

To be quite frank, the Blue Jays don't really deserve to make the playoffs if they keep on losing to these bottom-feeder teams all of the time. This has been a lame series so far, they probably will get swept tomorrow. For as long as I can remember, they always seem to lose to the Rays in Tampa.

Another pathetic game to watch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Kiermaier's fast, sure, but what happened to Bautista's arm? That ball barely made it off the turf. 

My playoff lineup (knock on wood):

C - Martin

1B - Encarnacion

2B - Travis

SS - Tulo

3B - Donaldson

*LF - Upton/Saunders

CF - Pillar

RF - Saunders/Upton

DH - Bautista

* I'd rather Upton in left and Saunders in right but it will depend on how comfortable Saunders is in RF

Batting Order:

Travis

Donaldson

Bautista

Encarnacion

Tulo

Martin

Saunders

Upton

Pillar

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

That's probably the best lineup they can  put together but god dam is it screaming for a left-handed bat.

Yeah and that's the problem with having EE as 1B instead of the DH. You get into a late-innings situation and want to bring Smoak into the game as a defensive replacement/left-handed bat but then you've taken your best power hitter out of the lineup. 

11 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah and that's the problem with having EE as 1B instead of the DH. You get into a late-innings situation and want to bring Smoak into the game as a defensive replacement/left-handed bat but then you've taken your best power hitter out of the lineup. 

Smoak's been mostly useless at the plate this year so I don't really think of him as much of a left-handed bat. He's here mostly to play defense and fan at fastballs like he's having a stroke. Every once in a while he runs into one for a solo shot, or maybe a 2 run bomb, and he trots his large and mostly useless ass around the base with a look on his face so smug that sometimes I just turn the game off and walk away. I hate Justin Smoak.