The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

At least the Bats have a real excuse today for not hitting they were up against Felix the King, an actual CY Young pitcher. It's the games when they're not facing a CY Young pitcher and they choke, that can't happen.

As much as it sucks losing I can at least accept this loss, compared to others when they shouldn't be losing.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

51782494.jpg

he didnt play well tonight..I dont need valadation on that...Travis lastnight..him today....they are both great hitters but do have their off days in the field...and when they both rush their throws sometimes it doesnt work out that good.

People were quick to say that Travis should DH because of his defence...but in reality Donaldson has made more errors than Travis so far this year...dont get me wrong..they both will be the face of the franchise next year and I love them..just how I feel today.

Edited by ShakyWalton

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

he didnt play well tonight..I dont need valadation on that...Travis lastnight..him today....they are both great hitters but do have their off days in the field...and when they both rush their throws sometimes it doesnt work out that good.

People were quick to say that Travis should DH because of his defence...but in reality Donaldson has made more errors than Travis so far this year...dont get me wrong..they both will be the face of the franchise next year and I love them..just how I feel today.

Donaldson has started in 124 games 13 errors, Travis has started 88 games 11 errors and the one he dropped in his glove was called a hit yesterday... No question Donaldson screwed up tonight, but a guy who plays 3rd is farthest away from 1st and will have to rush his throws more often then the guy closest to 1st.

I still believe he should be DH, I don't see a problem with it, just can't have a player learning as he goes at this stage of the season and how important the games are imo.... Why put all that pressure on a rookie when he doesn't need to be put in that position.... 

22 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Donaldson has started in 124 games 13 errors, Travis has started 88 games 11 errors and the one he dropped in his glove was called a hit yesterday... No question Donaldson screwed up tonight, but a guy who plays 3rd is farthest away from 1st and will have to rush his throws more often then the guy closest to 1st.

I still believe he should be DH, I don't see a problem with it, just can't have a player learning as he goes at this stage of the season and how important the games are imo.... Why put all that pressure on a rookie when he doesn't need to be put in that position.... 

purses_zpsfxs3h8w2.gif

I used to play third...I know all about it...but lately I have been holding my breath on Donaldsons throws..might be something to do with his injury still lingering,,not sure...as for Travis I dont know if you want him as a DH fulltime..I think he is far to young for that..this is his first full year in the league..Ill give him the benifit of the doubt..I tend to agree this isnt the time of year to be learning how to play second...but there is a real log jam of DHs on this team and he is to good of a hitter to sit..

Edited by ShakyWalton

23 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

purses_zpsfxs3h8w2.gif

I used to play third...I know all about it...but lately I have been holding my breath on Donaldsons throws..might be something to do with his injury still lingering,,not sure...as for Travis I dont know if you want him as a DH fulltime..I think he is far to young for that..this is his first full year in the league..Ill give him the benifit of the doubt..I tend to agree this isnt the time of year to be learning how to play second...but there is a real log jam of DHs on this team and he is to good of a hitter to sit..

For the rest of this season not his career.

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

At least the Bats have a real excuse today for not hitting they were up against Felix the King, an actual CY Young pitcher. It's the games when they're not facing a CY Young pitcher and they choke, that can't happen.

As much as it sucks losing I can at least accept this loss, compared to others when they shouldn't be losing.

Except The Jays has had success against King Felix in the past. I think he had an ERA over 4.50, prior to today's game.

Edited by shiznak