The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

#BlueJays remain in active discussions with #WhiteSox about Jeff Samardzija.@FOXSports

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 24, 2015

Oh man I hope they give up nothing for him. He is on an expiring contract. If AA gives up anything good for him and he has no intention of signing an extension, the pitch forks will come out.

I wouldn't worry too much. There's always rumors of the Jays looking to bring in big names and it never happens.

Gibbons is such a useless manager. Seemed like he was half asleep all game. The pitchers lacked control, the batters lacked patience, but Gibbons' lack of awareness was annoying to deal with. He kept Estrada in too long despite his letting all these batters on base. He watched his team continue to swing at everything, while Felix's pitch count sat at nothing, and the ball obviously wasn't carrying for anybody. No useful pinch hitting either, and it was frustrating watching the bottom of the order close out the gane like they did.

The game was a solid experience, and the Jays fans almost definitely outnumbered the Mariners ones. I regret not being one of those that was staying the weekend and will get their chance at watching revenge. The USA chants became obnoxious, but watching your home stadium get invaded like that probably isn't fun.

Everytime the Jays come to Seattle its such a let down..everyone travels down to see them and they are lucky to win a game..lol...Buerhle tomorrow...maybe.

It's frustrating cuz on Twitter cuz i follow a few Mariners fans and they are running their mouths this weekend so far

It's frustrating cuz on Twitter cuz i follow a few Mariners fans and they are running their mouths this weekend so far

maybe I spoke to soon?

eta:..Hamels just threw a no no against the Cubs..doubt he will be coming to TO.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Also, a good way to make friends and create conversation is to wear a Kawasaki shirt. Well, mainly drunk chicks, but everyone seems to love the guy. Everyone wants him on the bench at least, lol.

With the amount of heat that Gibbons takes in this forum, I think it's only fair to point out that he had a big hand in yesterday's win. Pinch hitting for Valencia with the slumping Carerra looked like a questionable move, but it worked perfectly.

Also, an excellent job of lining up the relief for Hutch, who once again, had a short outing. (At this point, they might as well limit him to only starting at Skydome)

Finally, I've come to the conclusion that Jim Joyce should have retired a couple of years ago. (probably after blowing the call on what should have been a perfect game for Armando Galarraga)

It seemed last night that he had absolutely no idea where the edge of the strike zone was. Going by pitch tracker, Sanchez had two hitters that he threw 4 strikes to, but JJ ran to full counts. Luckily, Sanchez was able to retire them anyway.

Also, a good way to make friends and create conversation is to wear a Kawasaki shirt. Well, mainly drunk chicks, but everyone seems to love the guy. Everyone wants him on the bench at least, lol.

I think my favorite was a couple of years back when Ichiro was still with the M's...

A guy showed up in a shirt that said "Kawasakis are better than Suzukis". :lol:

With the amount of heat that Gibbons takes in this forum, I think it's only fair to point out that he had a big hand in yesterday's win. Pinch hitting for Valencia with the slumping Carerra looked like a questionable move, but it worked perfectly.

Also, an excellent job of lining up the relief for Hutch, who once again, had a short outing. (At this point, they might as well limit him to only starting at Skydome)

Finally, I've come to the conclusion that Jim Joyce should have retired a couple of years ago. (probably after blowing the call on what should have been a perfect game for Armando Galarraga)

It seemed last night that he had absolutely no idea where the edge of the strike zone was. Going by pitch tracker, Sanchez had two hitters that he threw 4 strikes to, but JJ ran to full counts. Luckily, Sanchez was able to retire them anyway.

I wouldn't call the Pinch hit a outstanding move. I mean Rodney throws that 2 seam that runs in on righties. The smart move was to put a lefty in. Almost any manager would do that