The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] President Trevor Linden

Strombone1

dnc.gif

YES!!! now just hire Nicholson as GM and all will be forgotten.

How you can have anything but an indifferent opinion at this point is beyond me, with him having no previous managerial experience. Just ask a former Phoenix coyotes head coach who just happens to be the greatest player of all time.

Funny, but the Hockey News says the roles will be reversed.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/nicholson-talking-to-canucks-linden-could-be-gm/

But Linden does have very deep roots in Vancouver and is recognized as one of the most beloved players in franchise history. With the franchise record for games played at 1,140, Linden’s No. 16 is one of only two numbers retired in franchise history. The other is the No. 12 that belonged to Stan Smyl, who coincidentally is currently the Canucks’ senior advisor on hockey operations.

I loled.

hockey news also states we only have two jerseys retired, minor in the overall article but still a oversight by the writer !!!

Yeah, Not sure I believe their sources.

Then again, I either believe them or Botchford.

This from the hockeynews (team 1040): Bob Nicholson in neogitations to become the next Canucks President as of tonight; Linden will be the GM.....

changes are coming....see ya Torts!

(I think Markus got denied as Gillis was fired; assumption he would of been involved somehow that Aqauman squashed; hence why Markus wasn't commenting/happy with the latest development...quit Modo for nothing.)

This from the hockeynews (team 1040): Bob Nicholson in neogitations to become the next Canucks President as of tonight; Linden will be the GM.....

changes are coming....see ya Torts!

(I think Markus got denied as Gillis was fired; assumption he would of been involved somehow that Aqauman squashed; hence why Markus wasn't commenting/happy with the latest development...quit Modo for nothing.)

At first I thought Nazzy was going to replace Gillis

Apparently that isn't the case here

Hope Linden/Smyl bring the Cup home next year

Go Canucks

Linden as President

Nicholson as Vice President

Naslund as General Manager (experience with MODO)

Smyl retains his job/ possibly get's a promotion?

I really hope our management looks something like this! What a terrific hockey culture we'd be creating in Vancouver

Archived