The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New image, new identity... New jerseys?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

p1010446.jpg

Looks like hes crying and walking away without the cup again. How accurate.

Stick with what we have because it isint the jersey that makes the team win, its whats behind it that does. Carolina did it with a spinning toilet bowl of a logo.

Millionaire jersey but change the pants to maroon to match the jersey. I hate the white pants.

That entire millionaires uniform sucks. Keep the blue and green colors and go to the stick in ice or the skate with matching blue and green. Johnny Canuck on the shoulders. Real men don't wear the color maroon. It reeks old and whimp. Cream colored pants. With frilly-dilly socks! ..ugh......

Right now we have great colors; home and away look sharp and clean. Let's not go back to dreadful and dumpy. I thought we were a hockey team not a bunch of whimpy old softies, looking older as we dawn on the color "purple". No, no, no, no (kick and scream on the floor) !!!!!!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

Bumping this.

After a year of play, the Canucks are certainly a different beast than what they were before this year. Their identity has changed, and for the better - but the team's image hasn't. People still think of the Canucks as the same divers and whiners that they did when Kesler, Lapierre, etc were still on the team.

It's time to shed the Orca. Bring back the Skate!

I'm okay with changing up the logo, but please can we just keep the colour scheme? Look around the league, we wonder why we can't get a "white out" or a "C of Red", well it's because we've gone through so many colours, also our fans are fairweather fans at the best of times, so that doesn't help. But really, can we just keep the blue and green please, just so we can even have a chance of getting the rog filled up with a "wave of blue" or anything you wanna call it.

I'm okay with changing up the logo, but please can we just keep the colour scheme? Look around the league, we wonder why we can't get a "white out" or a "C of Red", well it's because we've gone through so many colours, also our fans are fairweather fans at the best of times, so that doesn't help. But really, can we just keep the blue and green please, just so we can even have a chance of getting the rog filled up with a "wave of blue" or anything you wanna call it.

pacific ocean and the towel power is whitecaps!

ConceptJersey_zps4bc9db09.png

I would pay top dollar for the jersey in the top left of this image with the round logo and johnny canuck in the middle, one for me, one for my son... that jersey reeks of awesomeness.. actually.. to be precise.. the 3 jerseys on the top row should be '3rd jersey', 'home jersey', and 'road jersey'.. in that order

I would pay top dollar for the jersey in the top left of this image with the round logo and johnny canuck in the middle, one for me, one for my son... that jersey reeks of awesomeness

Damn, that is sweeeettt! Also, the one Kesler is wearing would be an awesome 3rd.

I would pay top dollar for the jersey in the top left of this image with the round logo and johnny canuck in the middle, one for me, one for my son... that jersey reeks of awesomeness.. actually.. to be precise.. the 3 jerseys on the top row should be '3rd jersey', 'home jersey', and 'road jersey'.. in that order

the two top right ones are my favorite personally.

Too many Jersy's already. I like the blue and green. Orca, stick or JC, in that order. Fin and Orca are good match. Do not like millionaires. They have yet to win with them. Maybe without the white stripes on the arms and the white pants it would be better. As is makes them look a bit like jail birds to me.

The problem is, the orca has been around the longest now qnd I still feel no attachment to it. I've never hated it like some people, but it still doesn't feel like our number one logo. I'd have to say going to the stick in rink, since it was the first, with Johnny on the shoulder, and then a johnny third. This wouldn't really be like changing, since it has always been part of the team.

When the Oilers finally ditched their dark blue and bronze jerseys, it was more seen as a correction than a jersey change. Think of how dumb it would sound to them if they kept those boring dark unis just because they didn't want to change. Or buffalo just sticking with the buffaslug just because they've had too many changes. Nobody really thanks Buffalo changed jerseys again when they went back to the original logo. They just corrected themselves. I think we can do the same.

Johnny Canuck is too much of a gimmick that will wear out over time.

The coolest logos or jerseys in sports are simple which makes them timeless.

Although I am emotionally attached to the plate of spaghetti, I think the stick in rink is the simplest and most timeless, it will never go out of style.

I'd love to see the Flying V on a Halloween game just for fun.

the two top right ones are my favorite personally.

I always loved the original '70-'72 striping. The centre one on the top row is awesome. The striping is bold, distinctive and the green doesn't bleed into the blue.

Archived