The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New image, new identity... New jerseys?

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's incredibly stupid. The team will play better because they're wearing more aggressive colours? That's exactly the reasoning that got out beautiful blue and green ditched for those Flying V monstrosities in the first place.

I'm speaking from a purely aesthetic standpoint. I like the Black and Orange, I think it looks badass.

I think the Blue and green looks like children's PJ's... I am quite sure that neither color scheme will have ANY effect on the team's play.

I just like the black and orange better.

I love the stick in rink, that is my pesonal favourite. It is a clean, clear cut symbol, and I sometimes think the Canucks should just use it forever. That being said, when I saw that picture of Linden, Benning, and Desjardins standing together, I all of a sudden felt that it is time for a new look and new identity. Whatever they decide to do, I do think it is time to move on from the Orca. It is a great logo, however we have used it for a long time it's legacy was tarnished with the Gillis/Torts year. Retire the Orca for a while, then bring it back in some form as a third jersey when the team is playing better.

whipped these up today. i made similar ones in the past. still not sure if i like them.

436753a9f41ad2186.jpg

436753a9f41acbec4.jpg

436753a9f41acd475.jpg

i like these~

really want a 3rd jersey that is totally different from the first 2.

right now our third is way too similar, hardly notice the difference when on the ice unless up close

whipped these up today. i made similar ones in the past. still not sure if i like them.

436753a9f41ad2186.jpg

436753a9f41acbec4.jpg

436753a9f41acd475.jpg

This.

Basically, stick-in-rink logo with current color scheme. Blue for home, white variant away. These are pretty much spot on although i'd like to see a shoulder patch. The stick on the blue one also looks a tad thin, the white one is perfect.

For alternate jerseys, we can have a rotation of the skate, millionaires, and a green johnny canuck variant.

Thinking about what people consider good looking jerseys... i've come to one conclusion. People like what they get used to. The Canucks need to stay with their jerseys. do what ever you want with the 3rd uniforms, even drop the "Vancouver" across the top of the mains, but keep the colours and keep the Orca. over time it will be as Iconic as any long standing logo and jersey.

think about it and look at the Canadiens logo. Its a friggen "C" with an "H" in it. forget about the history for a second, its seriously a lame logo, and the jerseys are white with red shoulders and some stripes... but those jerseys are considered by many to be the best uniform in ALL of sports. thats all there is too it. Like i said... looking at just the uniforms... they aren't anything special, but because of the history I think they are amazing jerseys.

the Orca is now known across most of north america as the Canucks Logo, and many people around the world also recognize it (I was in south east asian with a Canucks shirt and people recognized it as a Vancouver hockey team). from a marketing stand point the Orca needs to stay, plus it is the logo we have ever had.

Why.

Is there still.

An orca on our logo?

The affiliation with Orca Bay is long gone, and the only reason we still have it is because we are near the pacific ocean I guess. Will ditching the orca cost them First Nations fans?

Just seems stupid to have our name be a person and our logo be an animal.

And it's ugly. The colours are good, but the logo is brutal.

Why.

Is there still.

An orca on our logo?

The affiliation with Orca Bay is long gone, and the only reason we still have it is because we are near the pacific ocean I guess. Will ditching the orca cost them First Nations fans?

Just seems stupid to have our name be a person and our logo be an animal.

And it's ugly. The colours are good, but the logo is brutal.

Agree totally. Brutally ugly logo...contrived and meaningless...probably the worst logo in the league. A Canuck is not a fish! Johnny Canuck should be our main logo...a logger (what could say BC more than that?) Or the Stick and Rink...our original logo. They should have never changed it!

Thinking about what people consider good looking jerseys... i've come to one conclusion. People like what they get used to. The Canucks need to stay with their jerseys. do what ever you want with the 3rd uniforms, even drop the "Vancouver" across the top of the mains, but keep the colours and keep the Orca. over time it will be as Iconic as any long standing logo and jersey.

think about it and look at the Canadiens logo. Its a friggen "C" with an "H" in it. forget about the history for a second, its seriously a lame logo, and the jerseys are white with red shoulders and some stripes... but those jerseys are considered by many to be the best uniform in ALL of sports. thats all there is too it. Like i said... looking at just the uniforms... they aren't anything special, but because of the history I think they are amazing jerseys.

the Orca is now known across most of north america as the Canucks Logo, and many people around the world also recognize it (I was in south east asian with a Canucks shirt and people recognized it as a Vancouver hockey team). from a marketing stand point the Orca needs to stay, plus it is the logo we have ever had.

This precisely. I'm no fan of the Orca, but it is our identifier now.

Get rid of the godawful text above the logo. It looks cluttered. I honestly feel many of you would come to love our jerseys with this simple fix, and it wouldn't be major enough to stifle our "identity".

Appreciate your opinion, Bitter, but I would have disagree with you. Again, these are only my opinions, so take it for what it's worth...

The Orca works for a number of reasons - (1) indigenous to the pacific northwest; (2) apex predator of the ocean; (3) they function as a team, communicate with each other, they can hunt their prey with intelligence or brutal physical dominance (sort of the traits I would want in the Canucks hockey team). Sure there's hundreds of other things that can represent the west coast and BC, but I think the Orca represents everything that we want the Canucks to be. Eagle, grizzly, cougar are some of the other animals of the region, but all three are already used by the Caps, Bruins, Panthers (different cat, but you know what I mean), respectively. Other representations? Lumberjack? Trees? Mining? Mountains? Ocean? Can some rendition of these be symbolic of what we want the team to be as well as the Orca?

I personally don't think the logo is too busy or out of balance. I actually see it as a clever combination of the letter "C" and the majestic motion of the Orca in the wild. I would actually like to see the subtle embossing or watermarking of more first nations imagery in the same colors of the logo right on the logo (not like the shiny leaf or stars of the Olympic unis, but as as I say, the subtle underlay of the logo itself). I'd actually like to see it little larger (15% larger) and to see the "Vancouver" removed...IMO the "Vancouver" makes the entire logo look busy and is an unnecessary element to the logo.

Lastly, I'd like to see silver added into the color mix...not in a prominent way, but to add definition and additional structure to the logo.

Not saying that you're endorsing it, but IMO, the Johnny Canuck logo is more in line with a junior B or lacrosse style logo.

I personally like the Orca and believe it is iconic and will stand the test of time. Just my 2 cents worth.

I generally agree. If anything, I would like to see the Orca with a stronger Haida look. I also would like to see more definition on the trim of the C. I'm not sure exactly what to be added but some metallic silver or gold might provide a little boost. Also, maybe a thin green line could be added inside the metallic trim line. I think that would make the logo bounce out.

I consider myself a traditionalist in an era where that probably means nothing anymore, but for what it`s worth, I`ve always thought there was something special about the original 6 teams, and one of the several things that makes those teams special IMO, is that they`ve stayed true to their traditional jerseys over the years. Of course, they`ve all gone the route of the vintage, 3rd jersey, alternate logo`s, special editions, etc.....but in the end, they all generally use their original colours and logo`s. Yes, you don`t have to post up all the iterations of each team, I admit even the OG6 have varied, but in the end they come back to their roots. Over the years I always wished the Canucks had done the same for some reason - stayed true to their original style that is.

Archived