The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] COL - 04/10/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Well if we want that 6th overall pick then it takes losing to get it. I'm not cheering for them to lose, but at the same time I'm not exactly unhappy when it happens at this point. I've gotten pretty used to dealing with losses this season. I can take three more.

And it's not just about getting a higher pick. That 6th overall pick has value for a reason. IMO there are 3 elite players outside the likely top 3 (Dal Colle, Draisaitl, Ehlers) that we would have a chance at drafting one of if we lock down the 6th spot. It's important we get a impact player like these 3 going forward.

I don't think I can stomach our last two games of the season being losses to Calgary and Edmonton. The struggle is real. But yes getting Dal Colle or Draisaitl would be the silver lining to my alcohol filled summer depression caused by those losses.

But they did have it, earlier this year, before the sling of injuries and the year before that and the year before that.

Well they couldn't get it back after December, so it's likely not gonna happen at this point.

Next years team could look quite different anyways, so I'm not worried about building chemistry right now.

Archived