The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

Edler a potential #1 buyout candidate? Thought that Booth was #1 in that department

I'd rather let Booth have one more year when he hasn't been THAT much worse than the other forwards than keep a defenseman who who singlehandedly loses games and is signed long-term.

This game reminds me of the 2002 Woman's Gold Medal Game in Salt Lake.

What a bloody joke!!

You call this 'entertainment' ,Gillis?

Gillis? Gillis?

Gilli's is consulting with a Financial Planner on how to invest his windfall, while you sit here in yer underwear spewing hate .. Mike laughs at yer mockery and takes a sip of his scotch, as do I ..

not sure if Murph should be tweeting while drinking. Hilarious though:

Edler x-checks Smytty then Kesler fights him. #Canucks not that interested in paying tribute to Captain Canada. Edler did score again though

This game is really missing a Kassian careless/stupid/awful penalty on Smytty. That would be fitting, no? #Canucks

Upside of any new GM is that he can trade NTC's or force them without feeling bad since he never gave them out like candy!

hard but not impossible

issuing being trading edler now is stupid, he will be at his lowest value ever and he's not as bad as this season has shown, he is a good player but something in this system, in his game, and with his partner needs to be changed

you don't sell at a loss if you want to make more money right? same idea here...and he also said he's not waiving so people can quit bashing him...he's staying

Nothing funnier than statements like this, when I get to write the reality:

Starting a lot of shifts in your own zone does not qualify as 'hard mins'. He pays against the oppoents bottom 6 every night, Edler plays against the top 6. Major difference.

Also Richardson zone adjusted advanced stats are still terrible. I like the guy, think he's a great 4C, or 13th forward. But Kassian has better #'s without Richardson, than 'with' Richardson. It's not my opinion, it's the facts

You're seeing what you want to see. That's fine. But, that's not fact. Kassian has been sheltered as much as possible. Richardson, aside from playing #1 PP line, is asked to play defense.

If you want to make your statistical case, and laugh while you're doing it, go for it.

Archived