The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

Let's see the stats on the most own goals if you don't like +/-

I never said I didn't like +/-

I was commenting back to the OP saying that +/- is pretty much a useless stat. I was saying it really isn't when I player has that bad of a rating. When it's that bad, its a pretty good indication that he's playing like crap.

again plus/minus doesn't equal how good a player plays defense

a player can jump on the ice and get a plus or minus for having done nothing on the play

another player can give the puck away cause a breakaway or 2 on 1 and give the other 4 players a minus

plus/minus is a severely overrated stat when determining how good a player is

Worst in the NHL still says something, you're just in denial and obviously have a hard on for Edler.

As far as your whipping boy comments - Edler being a terrible d-man has been discussed on here for years now... Since he's now the best in the NHL at sucking, it's just become commonplace and your trying to go against the crowd. Hipster.

I don't see Edler, Booth, Kesler and Hansen on our team next year. Agreed ?

Booth and Hansen yes. I see Hansen as a sweetner to move up in the draft along with our pick

Booth buy out yes, even though he's played decent last 2 months, too much for a 3rd liner

Kesler, hard to say. Personally I would move him if we can get alot, unless we can sign a playmaking center and put him on the wing. He provides what Kane does, head down, fast, shot, hits...good player but alone as the 2c, he's not enough. So it really depends on if we can improve what's around him to make him better.

Edler - I dont think he'll waive

We have new management who may not be so forgiving towards his terrible play so get over your blind support of the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Edler played much better in the past when the team had him with superior partners.

Linden has to tell him either he waives or he goes on waivers and takes his chances.

That's a bit of a crapshoot, doesn't Canucks have to pay 1/2 his salary if some other team picks him up? What are the rules for waiver? Not sure if this is true. Just heard that a while back ago.

Worst in the NHL still says something, you're just in denial and obviously have a hard on for Edler.

As far as your whipping boy comments - Edler being a terrible d-man has been discussed on here for years now... Since he's now the best in the NHL at sucking, it's just become commonplace and your trying to go against the crowd. Hipster.

he is the worst in 1 category hardly makes him the worst defenseman in the NHL

people ignore the fact nobody on defense has been good this season or the last couple of seasons but use plus/minus as the be all end all stat in determining who will be the whipping boy

sorry for not buying into the blind hate for 1 player when there has been nobody playing worth their contract maybe Tanev and Stanton that's it but the top 4 of Garrison Edler Hamhuis and Bieksa have all been very disappointing for quite a while now

So Edler is going to get traded?

I'd say give him another chance. He hasn't adjusted into Torts system yet

He hasn't adjusted to the NHL yet. He was absolutely dreadful last season too and the LA series before. How many excuses are the AHLex aplogists going to make for the pylon?

Archived