The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

I like what I have seen and heard about Ehlers but I'm not sure he is the kind of pick that Linden would jump to if he is still available.

I do see both Ritchie and Virtanen as more of players that Linden will pick.

Linden has no experience with 6ft skilled euro wingers. He wont be able to relate to Ehlers.

Edit ; Ok Bure Naslund and if you count Daniel at 6ft1 then fine.

The three best players Linden ever played with are Euro scoring wingers. But take those three sweaters down from the rafters and what have you got? Nothin. So there.

I am pretty sure Linden will not be picking Ehlers. Now maybe Benning or the next GM will want to but I doubt it as I'm sure Linden will hire a GM with the same vision,

Source?

Surely we can agree that Linden knows Euro scoring wingers. Our fans have beloved our Euro scoring wingers. Two of their jerseys hang in the rafters of our building with two more on the way. Albeit Henrik is a center.

You can keep writing whatever you want but its just going to look silly. I dont even believe you are trying to make a valid point.

Source?

Surely we can agree that Linden knows Euro scoring wingers. Our fans have beloved our Euro scoring wingers. Two of their jerseys hang in the rafters of our building with two more on the way. Albeit Henrik is a center.

You can keep writing whatever you want but its just going to look silly. I dont even believe you are trying to make a valid point.

You can also keep writing what you want...I appreciate you love Ehlers and his game and I totally respect your opinion. All I'm saying is that I doubt that is the player that Linden and co. Will be targeting at the draft.

You can also keep writing what you want...I appreciate you love Ehlers and his game and I totally respect your opinion. All I'm saying is that I doubt that is the player that Linden and co. Will be targeting at the draft.

You are still assigning something to Linden without showing how you know that he will do this. Why dont you just say that you think we will draft someone else. You cant speak for Linden.

Absent Canuck you know I'm not one of those guys who'd pick on you...

...but can you stop being such a homer? :frantic::frantic::frantic:

You want me to stop campaigning for Ehlers? Sure. The day we have Dal Colle or Draisaitl as an alternative I will wish Ehlers the best of luck.

I like Virtanen and realize that Ritchie has talent. If I had my way we would snag the #10 pick and get Virtanen too! So this idea that I am a homer is wrong. I am far more accommodating to Virtanen and Ritchie than any of their 'homers' have been to Ehlers. I can assure you of that. ::D

How about you? Who do you think we should pick?

Yeah seriously get off your high horse and look it up. The guy already did the hard work of looking up every single one of his points and you criticize his effort. It'd be harder to make up the stats then just copy and paste it. If you don't believe him then look it up, copy and paste it here for all to see and criticize him all you want.. then you have a real argument.

If you hadn't so blatantly glanced over my post where I referenced that secondary assists by Drouin should not count because they almost never affect a play. The primary assist or the goal itself should be what matters. Drouin had 13 secondary assists according to the chart provided by theminister but if you don't believe me look it up <_< . Therefore Drouin really only had an impact on 18% of his point totals. I also provided that should Drouin not have been in the lineup for all those points that he supposedly inflated it's quite reasonable to expect someone else to have scored or someone else would've assisted on a few goals making that 18% inflation much less... Then if you increase Ehlers ice time because a player of Drouin's calibre is not in the lineup you realize that the inflation is most likely under 10%..probably closer to 5%.

Now, I notice you never reply to any of my posts maybe because you realize that all my stats are fact and are reasonable assumptions....so maybe you can reply back and poke fallacies in my ENTIRE argument ..not just cherry picking certain points...otherwise you have no basis ever again to discount Ehlers inflated numbers.

I disagree that second assists don't mean much, and until I see a breakdown from a reputable source, it doesn't mean squat, I'm not invested in this to the point I would spend hours checking numbers, it's not being lazy, it's having something better to do with your time, did you see how nice it was outside yesterday? Also, it is generally accepted by both sides ,for and against picking ehlers, that his number would not be as good without drouin.

Linden has no experience with 6ft skilled euro wingers. He wont be able to relate to Ehlers.

Edit ; Ok Bure Naslund and if you count Daniel at 6ft1 then fine.

The three best players Linden ever played with are Euro scoring wingers. But take those three sweaters down from the rafters and what have you got? Nothin. So there.

another gem.

It sucks for Ehlers playing with Drouin. Hard to tell just how good he is unless you go off the 20 some odd games Drouin wasn't there. Honestly I'd be happy with with any of Virtanen Ehlers or hopefully Dal Colle if he drops. Otherwise I'm disappointed come draft day, unless that pick becomes amazing in 3-4 years. :P

.... looks pretty small to me

well, he's not 6'3 is he?

if 6'0 is your definition of small then what are gerbe, gionta and desharnais? 5'6/5'7? What the hell are they even doing in the NHL, eh?

Hell! They aren't even real PEOPLE are they? They're abominations! They're aliens?!

Archived