The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

New updates from [NHL.com Draft Profiles].

Nothing that we don't already know:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=85782&sort=finalRank&year=2014

• In 2013-14, Ehlers finished fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55—104) in 63 games. Ehlers then added 28 points (11-17—28) in 16 postseason games before the Mooseheads were eliminated in the seventh game of their third round series against Val-d’Or. Ehlers formed a dynamic duo in Halifax while playing alongside Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin (selected third overall in the 2013 NHL Draft). Drouin (29-79—108) finished third in League scoring, Ehlers finished fourth.

• His impressive 2013-14 season saw him earn a multitude of QMJHL awards including: Rookie of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year and Best Professional Prospect along with All-Rookie Team and Second Team All-Star selections. He led all rookies in goals, assists and points and led the entire League with a plus-65 rating.

• Part of Denmark's gold medal-winning teams at the 2014 Under-20 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) and the 2013 Under-18 World Junior Championship (Division 1, Group A) where he led all players with eight assists (3-8—11) in five games.

• His father, Heinz Ehlers, played 16 seasons of professional hockey across four different European professional leagues from 1984-85 to 2001-02. His brother Sebastian, skates for the Aalborg Pirates in Denmark’s premiere league.

• Ehlers played soccer at the national team level until he was 14, before choosing to pursue hockey full-time.

• He speaks five languages – Danish, English, French, German and Swiss.

FAVORITES

NHL team: Dallas Stars

NHL player: Mike Modano

Shootout move: "I have a few I like to use."

Goal celebration: "Touching the ice with the glove and punch."

Video game: NHL14

Movie: Pearl Harbor

Actor: Jason Statham

Sport (other than hockey): Soccer, golf, tennis

How can he have a high hockey IQ if he lists Pearl Harbor as his favourite movie??????

I am pretty certain there are lots of scouting reports on each of the players.

These guys are playing pro hockey against men, even guys returning from the NHL. A different game due to ice size but a good measuring stick. If they can perform in Europe at a young age then a good chance to take a step in my opinion a smaller step up to the bigs than junior.

These guys are playing pro hockey against men, even guys returning from the NHL. A different game due to ice size but a good measuring stick. If they can perform in Europe at a young age then a good chance to take a step in my opinion a smaller step up to the bigs than junior.

Good call. In the case between Ehlers and Nylander its kind of a win/win because Ehlers showed he could translate his game to the NHL north american ice surface, while Nylander is playing with men while holding his own.

Lol. So what's Virtanen's, Dumb and Dumber?

I put the guy you were replying to on ignore quite a while ago except when he writes something so stupid I have to say something. When I saw what you quoted I went back to see what he was quoting.

I wouldn't consider Pearl Harbour a sound movie, but the kid is 17 years old. Maybe he liked some of the actors. I thought it was a lousy movie. I have no idea what it has to do with ones hockey IQ. Seemed to me he was picking out a negative so he could mock Ehlers who of course doesnt read this thread so he was really trying to bug the Ehlers supporters.

To each his own I suppose. But then I look above it and it says Ehlers speaks FIVE languages.

So let me get this straight. The clown picks out this one thing Ehlers says thinking he can show he aint all that bright, and captions it right where it says he speaks 5 languages ? LOL .

Not his brightest hour. I guess I am going to have to counter mock him for this one too.

As for Virtanen, he does have the lowest hockey IQ of any of the CDC favorites. Virtanen is fading though. He isnt being seriously considered for the 6th spot by any updated lists anymore. He is a non factor.

How can he have a high hockey IQ if he lists Pearl Harbor as his favourite movie??????

You realize that you quoted the guys post and three lines above the movie it says Ehlers speaks FIVE languages.

You pick a guy who speaks FIVE languages and judge his IQ from his favorite movie this week? I think your reading comprehension IQ might be dumb and dumber.

Ok. Thankyou for clarifying it. I certainly looks that way. Its a pretty rough thread to get into the middle of for some guy who has never been on here before. I admire your courage. ::D

ISS and 'Central Scouting' isnt some 'headquarters' where there is round the clock surveillance by NHL verified personnel sworn to uphold the level of impartiality of NHL officiating. They are just a group of guys with their own subjective takes who called themselves a fancy name.

Not that they dont know what they are talking about, but like I said. Go check out the link I sent you and go look at all the mock drafts to get a gist of where the 'experts' say they are at.

I believe it will be one of three players. Ehlers, Nylander or Ritchie. From what I have seen from scouting reports and all the mock drafts, Jake Virtanen will not be taken 6th . Trevor Linden would have to have a personal stake in the 'hometown' angle to pick him over these three others and in my opinion, picking a local boy this high in the draft is actually a disadvantage as it adds enormous pressure to the prospect.

I pick Ritchie 3rd behind Ehlers and Nylander, soley because of where I think the NHL is heading. The league is increasingly moving to speed and skill, and getting away from fighting , intimidation and hitting.

There hasnt been a fight in the entire playoffs, and hitting someone risks penalization and even suspension nowadays. This unfortunately for Ritchie takes away from his appeal.

Big strong guys are still an advantage, but only if they are just as skilled as the smaller guys. They can no long rub out the speedsters.

Food for thought. Welcome to CDC by the way.

Go read my post on the last page. Ehlers scored 70% of his points without Drouin at all. Most of the rest were on the powerplay.

You dont have to be torn between Nylander and Virtanen. Nobody has Virt at #6 anymore in any recent mock draft. He is increasingly being shoved out of the top 10 altogether.

Recent mock drafts by whom? And why would those matter? You'll find Virtanen at #6 and Ehlers out of the top-10 in some that matter.

Why do you continuously misinform us here over and over again to promote this Ehlers kid? Are you a relative?

You realize that you quoted the guys post and three lines above the movie it says Ehlers speaks FIVE languages.

You pick a guy who speaks FIVE languages and judge his IQ from his favorite movie this week? I think your reading comprehension IQ might be dumb and dumber.

You realize it's a joke right? You are taking this topic far too seriously, and FAR too personally. I'd laugh if Trevor Linden or Mario Lemieux would list any Michael Bay Film as a favourite. In fact I chuckled at the dumb and dumber comment. I think you folks need to relax, and just enjoy what happens at the draft. And good luck to all the prospects regardless of draft position.

Just maybe dial the expectations a notch, because that's a lot to ask of any prospect(s) we get.

TOMapleLaughs needs to be banned. Too negative.

TOMapleLaughs is just wondering why this is Canucks talk. He is also wondering why misinformation about this one mere so-so prospect is being trumpeted by a few posters over and over again. Relatives? Or what?

He's decent, don't get me wrong. But so are a lot of other potential picks. Not near as much blind fanboyism on them though. Why?

You realize it's a joke right? You are taking this topic far too seriously, and FAR too personally. I'd laugh if Trevor Linden or Mario Lemieux would list any Michael Bay Film as a favourite. In fact I chuckled at the dumb and dumber comment. I think you folks need to relax, and just enjoy what happens at the draft. And good luck to all the prospects regardless of draft position.

Just maybe dial the expectations a notch, because that's a lot to ask of any prospect(s) we get.

Oh shut up. Never mind trying to worm your way out by pulling the 'just kidding card'

Quit while you are behind. You wrote something stupid and got called out. In fact, quit this thread altogether since you add nothing of any consequence. You just show up once a blue moon to write something banal then take off again.

Take my advice. Reserve some time in the long house to get your spirit cleansed.

Oh shut up. Never mind trying to worm your way out by pulling the 'just kidding card'

Quit while you are behind. You wrote something stupid and got called out. In fact, quit this thread altogether since you add nothing of any consequence. You just show up once a blue moon to write something banal then take off again.

Take my advice. Reserve some time in the long house to get your spirit cleansed.

Calm down. It's pretty obvious its just a joke. He's just making fun of the fact that someone as smart as Ehlers would like such a bad movie. You seem to overreact about a lot of things when it comes to talking about Ehlers.

TOMapleLaughs is just wondering why this is Canucks talk. He is also wondering why misinformation about this one mere so-so prospect is being trumpeted by a few posters over and over again. Relatives? Or what?

He's decent, don't get me wrong. But so are a lot of other potential picks. Not near as much blind fanboyism on them though. Why?

Refering to yourself in the third party is creepy and border on sociopath. Then again, coming to a thread dedicated to one prospect to continually argue against that said prospect and harass the prospects supporters for months on end is definitely sociopathic.

Sociopaths could utterly care less about others. They lose the basic concept of empathy towards other people. They just do whatever they want with no regard for anyone else because their personal issues over ride their sense of what is reasonable behavior towards others.

In spite of the fact there are all kinds of other threads dedicated to any prospect of your choice, including a 6th overall thread, you take it upon yourself to argue and re argue for well over 50 pages the supporters of Ehlers. You argue about Ehlers. You argue about the people who support Ehlers. Not only do you find nothing wrong with your never ending wrath, your insanity holds you blameless and tells you to pin it on the Ehlers supporters themselves for having the gall to want to talk about Ehlers.

Now you demand to know why they are Ehlers fans and justify what degree they are fans like they owe you an explanation for it. Nobody owes you any explanation nor is it your place to judge what they do.

Snypers7 is right. You are starting to border on the ban hammer.

There is a reason why I put you on ignore long ago. You are incapable of having an objective debate which requires you to have the empathy to respect those who disagree with your views.

I am certain that we can all agree, that if you want to support another prospect, dont let the door hit you on the way out. :)

Sociopaths could utterly care less about others. They lose the basic concept of empathy towards other people. They just do whatever they want with no regard for anyone else because their personal issues over ride their sense of what is reasonable behavior towards others.

Irony

Calm down. It's pretty obvious its just a joke. He's just making fun of the fact that someone as smart as Ehlers would like such a bad movie. You seem to overreact about a lot of things when it comes to talking about Ehlers.

he other guy nailed it perfectly. .............what is Virtanens ? Dumb and Dumber???? :lol: Stands to reason that retort called him out pretty nicely. Did you like his joke too?

Or else what?

- Panic?

- Quit CDC?

- Burn your jersey's, and t-shirts?

- Cancel your seasons tickets?

Here is his last post before that? Find this one constructive too? Want more? All he does is troll this whole thread. He never actually discusses hockey. Still going to fight the guys battle for him buddy?

Here is his last post before that? Find this one constructive too? Want more? All he does is troll this whole thread. He never actually discusses hockey. Still going to fight the guys battle for him buddy?

I'm not fighting anyone's battles or trolling. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous you sound right now. You're so worked up about Ehlers and this draft you fail to realize that you sound just the same as the people hating on Ehlers. I think you need to take a break and get outside, it's a beautiful day.

I'm not fighting anyone's battles or trolling. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous you sound right now. You're so worked up about Ehlers and this draft you fail to realize that you sound just the same as the people hating on Ehlers. I think you need to take a break and get outside, it's a beautiful day.

Yes you are sonny. You came in of your own free will and started fighting me regardless of the fact it had utterly nothing to do with you. You forget that part? I have now twice tried to remind you of this but you seem to want to be in denial about that part.

Do you always go around starting arguments with people then deny you had any responsibility in it? Perhaps you should look at your own actions that started this whole exchange. They dont exist without your initiation.

Archived