The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kesler to remain a Canuck

TheRussianRocket.

@SNETPacific:

Kesler - I didnt ask for a trade. #Canucks

@VanCanucks:

This has been the only home I know in my adulthood. I love this city. - Kesler #Canucks

Kesler on being open to a trade - "Where you get that from? Twitter? French guy?" #canucks (:lol:)

With Linden at the head operating management, I'm pretty sure he'd elect to keep Kesler in Vancouver. Linden knows Kes is a heart and soul player who gives it his all and it'd suck for a team to lose a player like that especially with him being in that spot before.

With Gillis gone who clearly was shopping Kesler even though Kes has stated at the trade deadline and today numerous times he never asked for a trade and loves it here, I'm sure Trev will honour that and most likely keep him here. And with Linden saying season ticket holders can get a full refund if they aren't pleased by July 11, Kesler gone would mean a lot of upset fans. Trev wants this team to compete and keeping Kesler will help out Horvat/Gaunce/Cassels with the NHL transition and Kes can turn it around offensively with a top 6 gifted winger alongside him. Well he already is solid offensively but a legit winger for once would see him hit maximum results + efficiency.

Holmgren: I will not buyout Bryzgalov. I gave Carter and Richards NTC's and I plan to honour them

Yzerman: St Louis is a Bolt for life. I have no plans to exercise a buyout on Lecavelier

Gillis: Schneider is our #1

Sundin: I will retire a Leaf

See the pattern. People say things ALL the time in this league

With Linden at the head operating management, I'm pretty sure he'd elect to keep Kesler in Vancouver. Linden knows Kes is a heart and soul player who gives it his all and it'd suck for a team to lose a player like that especially with him being in that spot before.

With Gillis gone who clearly was shopping Kesler even though Kes has stated at the trade deadline and today numerous times he never asked for a trade and loves it here, I'm sure Trev will honour that and most likely keep him here. And with Linden saying season ticket holders can get a full refund if they aren't pleased by July 11, Kesler gone would mean a lot of upset fans. Trev wants this team to compete and keeping Kesler will help out Horvat/Gaunce/Cassels with the NHL transition and Kes can turn it around offensively with a top 6 gifted winger alongside him.

I think Linden will ask the twins some tough questions about certain players on the roster during the exit interviews. I believe their input will be a major factor in what direction Linden moves.

I think Linden will ask the twins some tough questions about certain players on the roster during the exit interviews. I believe their input will be a major factor in what direction Linden moves.

Yep, and Kesler will be another but the Sedins comments will be regarded to the highest. If Kes wants to stay, Sedins and Bieksa want him to stay, and Linden does, he will stay.

...still don't get peoples logic though lol. Kes isn't hiding anything special. He's saying it straight up he wants to stay here AND RETIRE A CANUCK! How that is equal to other situations like St.Louis is a ridiculous comparison.

Yep, and Kesler will be another but the Sedins comments will be regarded to the highest. If Kes wants to stay, Sedins and Bieksa want him to stay, and Linden does, he will stay.

...still don't get peoples logic though lol. Kes isn't hiding anything special. He's saying it straight up he wants to stay here AND RETIRE A CANUCK! How that is equal to other situations like St.Louis is a ridiculous comparison.

Players that I think have some questions marks regarding character and locker room issues

Kes

Burr

Bieksa

I think those three might have a bit of a clique going, and I think Luongo was probably part of that group. They are the most likely, in my opinion, to be vets most likely to be moved.

Him and Kassian together next season could be beastly.

I hope Kesler does stay and as you remarked he could centre a real power line with Kaasin and Matthius as wingers or God forbid if we could pick up Evander Kane ( Edler orGarrison and maybe Hansen ) it's a bold move similar to this that would turn the corner for the Canucks. We need some youth and excitement back in a weary roster of vets

you have to look at keslers trade value and its high. if the right offer comes, pull the trigger. i like kesler as much as the next guy but if a trade involving him gets us younger and better for years to come, you do it. i still find it funny he denies the trade request.

Kesler for Pouliot and Bennett

Then flip stanton bennett and a 2nd for boone jenner

:picard:

As for Kes, give him his damn winger already!!!! : @

@blakeprice1040:

Kesler asked what kind of wingers best compliment him, gives a big sigh, suggests that's the GM and Coach's decision..

:picard:

As for Kes, give him his damn winger already!!!! : @

That last quote is the exact reason why I don't want kesler on this team. as for wingers, he's had many capable ones, but the issue is him, not the people he plays with......his style seems great, but he's one of the most selfish players in the league.

Holmgren: I will not buyout Bryzgalov. I gave Carter and Richards NTC's and I plan to honour them

Yzerman: St Louis is a Bolt for life. I have no plans to exercise a buyout on Lecavelier

Gillis: Schneider is our #1

Sundin: I will retire a Leaf

See the pattern. People say things ALL the time in this league

Pretty sure AV said Schneider was our #1.

That last quote is the exact reason why I don't want kesler on this team. as for wingers, he's had many capable ones, but the issue is him, not the people he plays with......his style seems great, but he's one of the most selfish players in the league.

What are you talking about? Only real wingers he's had are Demitra, Sundin, and Samuelsson. 2/3 of those guys being old and close to washed up and yet he still had career years.

You can't demand a player to change his style of play for x players. As a GM, you should realize his weaknesses and strength and work around that. Kes has more than every right to be upset. He hasn't had a proper winger for years now and it's wasting years on his career and the Canucks.

you have to look at keslers trade value and its high.if the right offer comes, pull the trigger. i like kesler as much as the next guy but if a trade involving him gets us younger and better for years to come, you do it. i still find it funny he denies the trade request.

I agree. Kesler staying here obviously has it's benefits, but trading him also has it's benefits, perhaps big ones. It's a dicey issue.

Archived