The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kesler to remain a Canuck

TheRussianRocket.

I'm going to bump this as a reminder, because there are idiot are coming up with rubbish redundancy trades clogging up the Canucks section of the forum...

Kesler said it loud and clear that he wanted to stay and retire as a Canuck!

Who gives a frack? Fans who care more about never having a player wear another jersey than having a winning team, that's who.

The bottom line with Kesler is this: the Canucks have been outscored when Kesler is on the ice the last two seasons. As a team, you CANNOT be outscored when your second line is on the ice and have a hope in hell of even remotely contending. For this reason, Kesler needs to be moved and replaced via free agency.

I'm going to bump this as a reminder, because there are idiot are coming up with rubbish redundancy trades clogging up the Canucks section of the forum...

Kesler said it loud and clear that he wanted to stay and retire as a Canuck!

You're going to bump....an active thread....?

To remind 'idiot' proposing trades?

Here's a reminder for you.

"We all know how this script ends."

Ehrhoffs shooting 10/11

Shot on goal = 209

Shots taken = 307

% of shots taken being on goal = 68.1%

Garrisons shooting 13/14

Shots on goal = 181

Shots taken = 260

% of shots taken being on goal = 69.6%

Ehrhoff is a god, Garrison can't hit the net. Funny how perceptions work here.

That's great, now figure out how many quality shots did Garrison take compare to Ehrhoff.

I wanted Kesler gone after the sharks series when he was all talk but didn't back it up on the ice. I've come to learn the guy has been all talk his entire career and I'm fed up with it. Plus it just makes logical sense to trade him because he's going to walk for nothing if we don't.

I wanted Kesler gone after the sharks series when he was all talk but didn't back it up on the ice. I've come to learn the guy has been all talk his entire career and I'm fed up with it. Plus it just makes logical sense to trade him because he's going to walk for nothing if we don't.

If Linden pulls this franchises head outta its butt, we are in good shape two years from now. Kesler loves it here, he married a local girl, local sons, guy wants to win in blue and green. Lets get the man a winger, see what damage we can do in the post season, He won't just leave an FA. Not his style.

If Linden pulls this franchises head outta its butt, we are in good shape two years from now. Kesler loves it here, he married a local girl, local sons, guy wants to win in blue and green. Lets get the man a winger, see what damage we can do in the post season, He won't just leave an FA. Not his style.

He won't leave as a FA, not his style? Philly says hello.... lol. There may be some truth to the saying if you forget the past your doomed to relive it. I'd say there is a 90% chance he's out of here as a FA if he's not traded before.

no way kes is a nuck next year for him to stay we need to find an elite playmaker for him sorry but this years crop of ufas lacks any of those. plus he is are most tradeable asset with the ducks and pens among others willing to fight over him we can expect a huge return. i see kes gone edler gone burrows gone and garrison gone this summer. were gonna gert younger but i think were also gonna add at least one top ufa hopefully moulson let horvat jenson hunter fox gaunce and cassels and hopefully mdc or ehlers battle it out for top 9 spots this year.

no way kes is a nuck next year for him to stay we need to find an elite playmaker for him sorry but this years crop of ufas lacks any of those. plus he is are most tradeable asset with the ducks and pens among others willing to fight over him we can expect a huge return. i see kes gone edler gone burrows gone and garrison gone this summer. were gonna gert younger but i think were also gonna add at least one top ufa hopefully moulson let horvat jenson hunter fox gaunce and cassels and hopefully mdc or ehlers battle it out for top 9 spots this year.

Some think that Kassian is the playmaker he needs

With Linden at the head operating management, I'm pretty sure he'd elect to keep Kesler in Vancouver. Linden knows Kes is a heart and soul player who gives it his all and it'd suck for a team to lose a player like that especially with him being in that spot before.

With Gillis gone who clearly was shopping Kesler even though Kes has stated at the trade deadline and today numerous times he never asked for a trade and loves it here, I'm sure Trev will honour that and most likely keep him here. And with Linden saying season ticket holders can get a full refund if they aren't pleased by July 11, Kesler gone would mean a lot of upset fans. Trev wants this team to compete and keeping Kesler will help out Horvat/Gaunce/Cassels with the NHL transition and Kes can turn it around offensively with a top 6 gifted winger alongside him. Well he already is solid offensively but a legit winger for once would see him hit maximum results + efficiency.

Nailed it. Too many people on the "trade Kesler" bandwagon. Would leave a HUGE hole on our team. Kes is the guy to build around. Heart and soul, two-way guy, great on the draw, still young. Only way he leaves is if he wants to. We can get just as much in return for one or both of the Sedins and/or Edler.

Way to contradict yourself. The reason we would go after Moulson would be FOR Kesler's line.

Didn't back it up? He put the team on his back in game 2. Sure he's been inconsistent over the last couple years but he's dealt with a number of injuries. He's still by far our best all-around player. He's invested too much in Van city and won't walk.

Honestly if the Canucks want to win a cup, Kesler needs to go IMO. Even if we do get Kesler a winger (not very easy), I don't think we have the depth to go all the way. I think its time that we rebuild the core (other than the Sedins) and Kesler will bring us a huge return.

Canucks next year

Hank

Dan

Kesler

Kassian on the Rise.

Burrows maybe?

Defence

Hamhius

Bieksa

Edler (hoping he can turn it around)

To be honest if you ask me, we still have a strong team. Our core is strong, we have 2 very good centermans, that other teams will die for, and we have a solid defence in Hamhius, Bieksa, and I believe we can see at least the 2012 Edler.

We have a strong team next year, build around it, we can quickly get back into the playoffs.

Honestly if the Canucks want to win a cup, Kesler needs to go IMO. Even if we do get Kesler a winger (not very easy), I don't think we have the depth to go all the way. I think its time that we rebuild the core (other than the Sedins) and Kesler will bring us a huge return.

Canucks if the Canucks wants to win a cup, he needs to stay. Sorry I know you hate him, but its the exact opposite. A good cup team needs to have strong centermans unless Kesler gets us a Norris trophy dman in return which is unlikely other wise your dreaming.

Didn't back it up? He put the team on his back in game 2. Sure he's been inconsistent over the last couple years but he's dealt with a number of injuries. He's still by far our best all-around player. He's invested too much in Van city and won't walk.

That was one game. The rest of the series he was invisible. Why wouldn't he walk? He signed an offer sheet with Philly. And let's just suppose he didn't want to walk away from a rebuilding team, would we really want to re-sign a 32 year old with injury problems to 5+ years at 6+ million per?

Kesler needs to go because we don't have enough elite young prospects to truly anchor the Sedins in their decline.

Jensen Kassian Horvat Gaunce and Shinkaruk are good but with the 6th overall and a Kesler trade we can add 3 more and then I think we're safe.

Kesler has little to no chemistry with any linemates we've put him with.

It's time to give Santorelli a chance, and if it doesn't work we can draft one next year with another top 5 pick.

Archived