The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All the ducks needed is a little puck luck on Quick and good D's in front of Gibson and they got it.

I have followed him for the last 4 years .. he has been the best goalie in the world at his age class for a fair while .. a very calm, athletic guy .. he turns and dives back to his far post and then swivels .. watch for it .. almost acrobatic at 6' 3"

Wow shutout by a rookie goalie in his first PO game... This Gibson guy is a real deal, saving his teammates' ass who totally went lifeless for the last 40 minutes.

By the way, nice job LA freakshows... now go F*** yourselves!

Gibson/Anderson should be a nice goalie duo for the Ducks next year. Hiller is most likely gone next year

Kinda surprised, I thought Hiller was pretty damn good already and he gets benched for Anderson, now Gibson. Didn't they just renew Hiller's contract?

Then in today's game, LA pulls Quick for Jones after 1st period? I thought they were already engraving Quick's name on the Conn Smyth. Looked at boxscore of game .. ANA got 0 SOG on 2nd period and 3 SOG on 3rd, this Jones guy got lots of work.

Turning out to be a strange and unpredictable series.

Guest Dasein

How many goalies have posted a shutout in both their first regular season game AND playoff game in the same season?

I think zero haha, this guy is gonna be good!

Apparently a Boston Bruin hall-of-famer from the 1920s Tiny Thompson did it first, so Gibson is 2nd.

1st in the modern era.

4th youngest to record a playoff shutout behind Lumley, Roy and Price.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/05/11/anaheim-ducks-turn-to-rookie-goalie-john-gibson-once-again-for-pivotal-game-5-against-los-angeles-kings/

Archived