The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Province Article: 11 coaches who could be behind the Vancouver Canucks’ bench next season

zipzap2013

Tortz was a pompas, errogant off the wall meat head. Its my way or the hiway. He did not want to coach here..1. lived in the states

2. he threw his players under the bus 3. implying that we have to get over 2011 ? really he was hired for his ring that happened in what 2002 ? Come on Ref no he wanted to say some choice things to get fired why not he still gets his 8 million which i think always should have some thing written in the contract that they receive half if team find its not a fit...its okay the season ticket holders will pay for that...4. Oh yeah I am sure Gillis asked him to change his style but he elected to disobey Gillis which got Gillis up set.. No Tortz is a lunatic..just ask New York Mr. Glen Sather... Torts should never have been highered good bye keenan number 2 dont let the door hit you on the way out..lol

1. lived in the states

So??

2. he threw his players under the bus

Not sure I saw that more than many other coaches

3. implying that we have to get over 2011 ?

True - people do.

really he was hired for his ring that happened in what 2002 ?

No

4. Oh yeah I am sure Gillis asked him to change his style but he elected to disobey Gillis which got Gillis up set..

Speculation really

Guest Dasein

Don't know if many people caught the CBC desk during the 1st intermission of the PIT-NYR game - Barry Trotz is a guest for the day. I really liked what I saw of the little insight he gave into his coaching style, especially what he said about coaching a nervous bench in the playoffs.

Sounds like the perfect remedy for Vancouver's glass core.

Don't know if many people caught the CBC desk during the 1st intermission of the PIT-NYR game - Barry Trotz is a guest for the day. I really liked what I saw of the little insight he gave into his coaching style, especially what he said about coaching a nervous bench in the playoffs.

Sounds like the perfect remedy for Vancouver's glass core.

He sure sounded positive .. I had forgotten how 'eloquent' Trotz is .. there are much worse choices.

If Barry Trotz does get hired by the Canucks I wonder if Kesler will end up staying on the team. I remember in the 2010 to 2011 Playoffs Trotz spoke highly on Kesler maybe Trotz can turn Kesler to a 40 goal scorer again.

If Barry Trotz does get hired by the Canucks I wonder if Kesler will end up staying on the team. I remember in the 2010 to 2011 Playoffs Trotz spoke highly on Kesler maybe Trotz can turn Kesler to a 40 goal scorer again.

Has he turned anyone into a 40 goal scorer, ever? Kes won't be a 40 goal scorer again until he gets the right wingers.

Has he turned anyone into a 40 goal scorer, ever? Kes won't be a 40 goal scorer again until he gets the right wingers.

the wingers aren't the issue. the issue is, for one, he's not the same player he was. more than that, even, is that he isn't catching anyone by surprise anymore. his wrist shot was a new weapon when he scored 40 and now its the most telegraphed shot in the league.

the wingers aren't the issue. the issue is, for one, he's not the same player he was. more than that, even, is that he isn't catching anyone by surprise anymore. his wrist shot was a new weapon when he scored 40 and now its the most telegraphed shot in the league.

Cause he has no legitiment wingers to feed the puck too. Santo and Higs are grade A 3rd liners. And fill in 2nd liners. Honestly I'd rather see Kes play wing. His shoot first style is better suited to winger.

[quote name="N7Nucks" post="12139096" timestamp="13995143hi

Cause he has no legitiment wingers to feed the puck too. Santo and Higs are grade A 3rd liners. And fill in 2nd liners. Honestly I'd rather see Kes play wing. His shoot first style is better suited to winger.

I think Barry Trotz can talk some sense into him and get him to pass again. When he played Nashville in 2011, it was his passing that made all the difference, not the goals. That's the formula to making him better. He needs to use his linemates better.

I'll meet you in the middle and say it's a combination of both.

Lucic said he will never ever visit Vancouver again unless it's a hockey between the Bruins and Canucks. Due to an incident following the 6-2 loss against Vancouver on December 15th after the game. We have been to disrespectful to him and his family dating back to the 2011 cup loss. PLUS Vancouver is his hometown and it's kinda sad how badly we canucks fans have treated him. Anyways, it would be a great idea if we do get Hamilton.

He did but then he backpeddled off that. I like Lucic. I am proud that he is a Vancouver boy. I only hate him when the Bruins are playing the Nux.

I would love to get Hamilton but I dont know how realistic it is.

Trotz has never had anyone close to the talent of the Sedins and Kesler except Weber.

Fisher, Hornquist, Legwand, Erat, Arnott, Dumont, Ward

LOL

"Offensive Problems"

I repeat,

LOL

Let's give him a shot with some real players, and the plethora of young studs about to emerge, oh ya that 6th overall pick too.

Even if not perhaps a bigger leadership type role ... didn't Trotz compare Kesler to Messier (in a good way)?

If Mclellan is laid off I say him, the Sharks have been a similarly skilled team and rivals of the Canucks for years during their success, he knows and has seen how they tick when effective. Otherwise, pick the most veteran coach who has the reputation for turning teams around

Even if not perhaps a bigger leadership type role ... didn't Trotz compare Kesler to Messier (in a good way)?

That is high praise, I think. As a Canuck fan, younger one at that 22 years young, I grew up hating Messier 's name for obvious reasons.my dad has nothing but bad things to say about 1/2 the reasons the Canucks sucked in the late 90's. The other being Keenan.

I think Kes is a pretty good lead by example guy. I really really believe he should be a winger. Him and Horvat would make an excellent shut down line with some offensive upside. Slap Shinkaruk on that line for an offensive kick in the pants, NHL 14 has him as a playmaker, but we all know NHL 14's reliability, so maybe good chemistry there. This is assuming they are good to go the next cuple years lol.

I like Trotz - he has done very well with the assets he was given. And one year, the Preds were tied for Goals For in the West. They only went downhill when Suter left, and wasn't properly replaced. A guy like Trotz should get the guys to play solid positioning, and will in turn make our goalies look good. The offense - he was rarely given high-end offensive talent. There was that one spring where they had Forsberg on the comeback trail... that's it.

Should have been Stevens last yr. It should be Stevens this yr. Hopefully Benning will ducktape Aquilini's mouth this summer and hire who he wants.

This team does not need another "old school, fail to understand it's a new NHL" coach like Torts or Trotz. They need a younger, innovative coach who can relate with players and use/apply advanced stats into their coaching. McLellan, Sutter, Julien, Quenville all use/apply advanced stats - it's why their teams are all top puck possession teams. Stevens comes from that train of thought.

Bring me Stevens once and for all.

Archived