The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Province Article: 11 coaches who could be behind the Vancouver Canucks’ bench next season

zipzap2013

why is there no talk of Ron wilson? i like coaches that have been around the league a lot and have had some time off from the last job...its why i was calling for paul maurice before we got torts.. and he started his coaching career with vancouver. bring back Ron!!!

I respect the hell out of the Sedins, Dineen and the womans team.

That said putting Dineen as the Canucks coach is just asking to be ridiculed.

You obviously don't know Dineen's character, or you're trying to apply sarcastic wit? .. :lol:

Didn't Carlyle get away because AV came to town?

Then won a Cup with Anaheim, incidentally previously built by Benning as head scout?

Then Burke pulled a few UFA signings and trades...

Can someone clarify that?

If Carlyle is let go by the Leafs, perhaps he would be a great fit...

Didn't Carlyle get away because AV came to town?

Then won a Cup with Anaheim, incidentally previously built by Benning as head scout?

Then Burke pulled a few UFA signings and trades...

Can someone clarify that?

If Carlyle is let go by the Leafs, perhaps he would be a great fit...

no, av came to town because carlyle signed in anaheim. the canucks received a 2nd round pick as compensation

Benning and Houda, I could honestly see this as a realistic possibility...

"I think those 2 processes could move a long together" - Trevor Linden

I've heard him say a few times that both the GM and Coach could be hired at the same time (obviously not in those exact words).

I've heard him say a few times that both the GM and Coach could be hired at the same time (obviously not in those exact words).

maybe fenton and trotz?

Just meant that the coach can be hired before the GM, as the teams gave no push back on timing to speak with the GM's. Therefore Linden can talk with the GM and ask about the coach, perhaps hire the coach first and hire the GM after playoffs

If Benning gets hired i'm wondering if he would raid Bruins such as Houda and possibly also try to convince any Bruins players who are FA's to sign in Vancouver.

i think we went down that road already... team beats us in the finals we get the players and coach who beat us thinking they would put it all together and win us the cup..... keenan ,messier, tikkanen,noonan....

why is there no talk of Ron wilson? i like coaches that have been around the league a lot and have had some time off from the last job...its why i was calling for paul maurice before we got torts.. and he started his coaching career with vancouver. bring back Ron!!!

Not your best.

2/10.

i think we went down that road already... team beats us in the finals we get the players and coach who beat us thinking they would put it all together and win us the cup..... keenan ,messier, tikkanen,noonan....

All those player's were towards the end of their careers, respectively. You can't compare coaches at all if Houda was hired as coach. Totally different and were talking about something that may or may not even happen if Benning is hired.

Larry Robinson.

The only thing is and it's well known about his health issues. Would he be open to return to Head Coaching? If not, he still would be great asset to have as Assistant and help younger players especially.

Archived