The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Article: Boston Bruins Player Milan Lucic is a Cry Baby

Tell that to all the people who wanted Bertuzzi gone. Believe me when I tell you that around that time the media and the fans were on him just the same as they are on Lucic.

What Bertuzzi did to Moore was one of the worst incidents in hockey. Steve Moore would never play a game again. The NHL had to suspend Bert indefinitely while he was making millions and would not play a part in the Canucks playoff run that year. Of course people would be calling for his head, his actions effectively killed the Canucks chances that year. Not to mention when you punch someone in the neck and drive their head viciously into the ice, it leaves you with very few sympathisers.

Nothing that Lucic has done compares to that. The only hit that compares is Cooke on Savard and even Cooke thinks he is lucky to still be playing.

What Bertuzzi did to Moore was one of the worst incidents in hockey. Steve Moore would never play a game again. The NHL had to suspend Bert indefinitely while he was making millions and would not play a part in the Canucks playoff run that year. Of course people would be calling for his head, his actions effectively killed the Canucks chances that year. Not to mention when you punch someone in the neck and drive their head viciously into the ice, it leaves you with very few sympathisers.

Nothing that Lucic has done compares to that. The only hit that compares is Cooke on Savard and even Cooke thinks he is lucky to still be playing.

I wasn't making a comparison of the incidents I was making a comparison to our fans reacting to bad behavior. We could also make the argument that while fans here trash marchand and Lucic they cheer for Burrows and Kesler and that would also make sense even though in terms of actual actions it's just as far away from being compared to what those guys do on the ice.

anyone watch coaches corner where don showed that lucic was fine in the handshake line until markov chirped him first....funny how lucic didnt run to the media with that ,but hes the cry baby...

Quote me what Markov supposedly 'chirped' to Lucic? .. both you and Don are grasping at straws to justify a cretinous act by a cretinous thug. Neither of you have a clue what, if anything, Markov said to the big baby.

What's great about this and the handshake is that Iggy watched and heard them both as he was right there.

Iggy is a class act and so I am sure he had words for Milan...

Sure he did .. he probably said "nice stick, Loochy baby" .. Iggy has class? ... :lol:

Quote me what Markov supposedly 'chirped' to Lucic? .. both you and Don are grasping at straws to justify a cretinous act by a cretinous thug. Neither of you have a clue what, if anything, Markov said to the big baby.

you know why there isnt a quote of what he said ...lucic didnt go running to the media after the game and TSN didnt go out and find a reverse angle of the hand shake to read his lips ..... you would have to ask lucic because it clearly pissed him off whatever he said but lucic has more honor than to repeat thing said on the ice to the media.

you know why there isnt a quote of what he said ...lucic didnt go running to the media after the game and TSN didnt go out and find a reverse angle of the hand shake to read his lips ..... you would have to ask lucic because it clearly pissed him off whatever he said but lucic has more honor than to repeat thing said on the ice to the media.

And Weise did not go 'running to the media' .. the media went 'running to him' after they read "Loooooocic's llllllllllips" .. no doubt Looooooocic is a man of honor and integrity .. no doubt ... : :D

EDIT: So no quote?

Or it didn't happen.

Why would Lucic not just say something to Markov and wait to say something to Weise? Doesn't make sense.

Cherry said yesterday "something got him going", if Markov really said something to Lucic then Lucic would've said something back to him but then he said something to 3 different Montreal players, Subban won't even share what Lucic said to him (probably racist).

As pointed out in another thread, trouble seems to follow Lucic around, just like his bar incident in Vancouver a few months ago getting sucker punched TWICE by two different people. Shane O'Brien and Todd Bertuzzi are well hated player by many Canucks fans yet both of them visits Vancouver and don't get involved with incidents like Lucic does.

Or it didn't happen.

Why would Lucic not just say something to Markov and wait to say something to Weise? Doesn't make sense.

did you see the video he did say somehting to markov when he was passed him and realised markov was still chirping him. markov is shaking hands still looking back down the line at lucic yapping and thats when lucic gets pissed off and starts yapping himself. like don pointed out in the video lucic was clam and collected in the line up until he gets passed makov and markov is still chirping at lucic and thats when lucic starts aggressively shaking hands chirping.

I wasn't making a comparison of the incidents I was making a comparison to our fans reacting to bad behavior. We could also make the argument that while fans here trash marchand and Lucic they cheer for Burrows and Kesler and that would also make sense even though in terms of actual actions it's just as far away from being compared to what those guys do on the ice.

Sorry but I can't understand the point you are trying to make. A comparison of what exactly? Are we comparing Vancouver fans/media's opinion of Bertuzzi as a Canuck vs their opinion of Lucic the Bruin?

If that is what you are comparing then I don't see how that is a fair comparison.

Cherry said yesterday "something got him going", if Markov really said something to Lucic then Lucic would've said something back to him but then he said something to 3 different Montreal players, Subban won't even share what Lucic said to him (probably racist).

As pointed out in another thread, trouble seems to follow Lucic around, just like his bar incident in Vancouver a few months ago getting sucker punched TWICE by two different people. Shane O'Brien and Todd Bertuzzi are well hated player by many Canucks fans yet both of them visits Vancouver and don't get involved with incidents like Lucic does.

I can guarantee that it wasn't a racist remark. No player is that stupid, especially with black teammates and shooting down the racist remarks made by Bruins fans. Subban is a star, so you usually chirp star players.

Sorry but I can't understand the point you are trying to make. A comparison of what exactly? Are we comparing Vancouver fans/media's opinion of Bertuzzi as a Canuck vs their opinion of Lucic the Bruin?

If that is what you are comparing then I don't see how that is a fair comparison.

Just go back and look at what I was responding to.

Lucic is a very good player. He can score, is a big body to battle against, and is gritty. He is pretty much exactly the kind of player we need on our team; the kind of player Kassian was supposed to turn into (and with a little luck, still might).

But with all that said, I just can't get past this guy's lack of respect for his opponents. He belongs on a classless team like Boston and in close proximity to the least classy player in the NHL in Marchand.

Now, I've felt Boston has lacked class during and even before we battled them for the cup - and they haven't really improved in that area. With that said, During the 2011 playoffs it was embarrassing how often our own players dived in an attempt to draw penalty calls - and I imagine that was considered lacking class by many as well.

At least our team grew up.

I get the feeling one of these post series handshake lines someday is gonna break out into a brawl. Then we'll see the league quickly stop doing that. I always thought it was silly and players hate doing it and you know the congratulatory handshake you receive from the losing team is not heartfelt.

Then the NHL will be known as the league of sore losers. Even in Fifa World cup the opposing teams shake each others hand and exchange jerseys. A brawl or throwing threats to the team you just lost shows that sore loser mentality. It just seems that there are a bunch of sore losers in the NHL like Lucic and Marchand to name a few.

anyone watch coaches corner where don showed that lucic was fine in the handshake line until markov chirped him first....funny how lucic didnt run to the media with that ,but hes the cry baby...

the senile bruin homer was defending lucic? shocking

so markov chirps him so he tells Weise and Emelin that he's going to fracking kill them? yep makes tons of sense

He has gone from a guy I admired, to a guy I defended, to a guy I began to question, to someone who annoys me to someone I think less of than a pile of dog poop.

Lucic is a massive hypocrite and a whiny whiny whiny you know what

Used to love the idea of Lucic potentially signing here when he became a UFA. Now I can't stand the idea.

He's right up there with Matt Cooke and Sean Avery as a cheap shot artist.

The spear from behind in the Detroit series pretty much did it for me. Not sure how Iggy can stand to be on the same team with him.

Was glad to see Cooke traded from Vancouver, wouldn't want to see Lucic here!

Archived