The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tupac's Final Words Revealed by Police Officer on Scene of Murder

J529

2pac is the whole reason I got into Hiphop as a kid.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the reason pac is put up on a pedastool is because..alot of his songs brought awarness of the social issues in the inner city to upper midle class. Before he signed to deathrow.. his militant political black panther side gave him more depth than anyone else at the time.

Flow and style yes he is not the best.

But when it comes to actually saying something in a song and doing it with more heart and passion than anyone else I don't know how you can't say he's the greatest.

Yea Yea Nas yes I know.. but I've never been that big a fan.

Jay has the depth of a mupskipper. All his songs are about his swag or dealing. It got old after blueprint.

Doom is to weird for me.

Biggie is #1 for actual flow and style.

Also Tupac, the same guy that shot 2 off duty drunk cops in atlanta and got away with it would have rather cut out his own tongue than give a cop info..even if it was regarding his own killer.

2pac is the whole reason I got into Hiphop as a kid.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the reason pac is put up on a pedastool is because..alot of his songs brought awarness of the social issues in the inner city to upper midle class. Before he signed to deathrow.. his militant political black panther side gave him more depth than anyone else at the time.

Flow and style yes he is not the best.

But when it comes to actually saying something in a song and doing it with more heart and passion than anyone else I don't know how you can't say he's the greatest.

Yea Yea Nas yes I know.. but I've never been that big a fan.

Jay has the depth of a mupskipper. All his songs are about his swag or dealing. It got old after blueprint.

Doom is to weird for me.

Biggie is #1 for actual flow and style.

Also Tupac, the same guy that shot 2 off duty drunk cops in atlanta and got away with it would have rather cut out his own tongue than give a cop info..even if it was regarding his own killer.

socially aware rappers were all over the place in the 80s, and even the militant sorts. Public Enemy was huge in the late 80s. 2pac had more depth than them?

and what does depth even mean, anyway? do you think 'depth' can only be found in politicization of lyrics?

jay z is INSANELY clever. and you can't be as witty and brilliant as he is without having intense intellectual or artistic depth. and yeah, he may rap about his life of crime and how great he is, but so what? what makes jay z a great lyricist isn't what he raps about, it's how he says it.

2pac is nowhere near jay z in terms of writing, not even close. not even in the same league.

No question that Tupac being killed while he was still young and in his prime has helped his legacy though.

An artist dying/quitting before they stale definitely helps their legacy. Far too many artists eventually damage themselves with weak albums and songs as their career goes on, which waters down their tracklist.

Ex) If Eminem had stopped after Encore, or the Eminem Show, his legacy would have known no bounds. Instead we get Relapse and Recovery, a couple of good songs and a lot of junk. LP2 was an improvement, but still a long way off from his best work.

how'd that turn our for him?

Lived shorter but 100x better compared to how most will live in their lifetime. In fact he's as immortal as you can get. He wasn't scared to takes chances and be who he is. Personally I wouldn't have wanted to hang with him but I respect his attitude. I rather take chances and die young instead of being some old boring cowardly bitter nerd snubbing his nose at deceased online until his turn comes.

Lived shorter but 100x better compared to how most will live in their lifetime. In fact he's as immortal as you can get. He wasn't scared to takes chances and be who he is. Personally I wouldn't have wanted to hang with him but I respect his attitude. I rather take chances and die young instead of being some old boring cowardly bitter nerd snubbing his nose at deceased online until his turn comes.

hey man Im sure he did great things but the fact that he ran his mouth and pissed off the wrong people put him in a box. think of how great he could have been if he kept himself in check and lived his life. had a family. matured. you know... impressive things. I can go run my mounth to some gamgbangers right now. I guess that would make me real too right? or stupid.

hey man Im sure he did great things but the fact that he ran his mouth and pissed off the wrong people put him in a box. think of how great he could have been if he kept himself in check and lived his life. had a family. matured. you know... impressive things. I can go run my mounth to some gamgbangers right now. I guess that would make me real too right? or stupid.

You can call it running his mouth. I call it free speech. He was saying things that he knew would probably put him in a box when most people are too scared to say what's really on their mind. Internet a good example of hiding behind words .Besides the talent I respect that fearlessness.

You can call it running his mouth. I call it free speech. He was saying things that he knew would probably put him in a box when most people are too scared to say what's really on their mind. Internet a good example of hiding behind words .Besides the talent I respect that fearlessness.

anything I say online I will say in "the real world". there are things I think some times that I refrain from saying altogether for reasons sich as fear. but because I have that talent, im alive.

no knock on his talent or fearlessness though. I can see why people admire it.

anything I say online I will say in "the real world". there are things I think some times that I refrain from saying altogether for reasons sich as fear. but because I have that talent, im alive.

no knock on his talent or fearlessness though. I can see why people admire it.

Yeah like I said. I wouldn't want to hang with PAC if I could. A bit much for me. Has my respect though.

one great album is better than none. but something is wrong with you if you like rap but don't think the blueprint is a phenomenal album.

i don't even really care for jay z, but there is no denying that he is hilariously witty at times, topical at others, can display a range of emotions (imagine that?), works with great producers. 2pac has zero humour, takes himself far too seriously, put his image before his content. 85% emotion, 15% lyrical depth.

this dude makes a funny argument, saying 2pac is like a therapist for dudes who are caught up trying to be thugs but don't want to express emotions otherwise. seems pretty accurate.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/bloggers/2009/11/tupac-shakur-still-overrated/

15% lyrical depth? Biggest fail comment ever. So tracks like Dear Momma have no lyrical depth? You don't have to have funny and serious tracks to have lyrical depth.

Yeah like I said. I wouldn't want to hang with PAC if I could. A bit much for me. Has my respect though.

yup he has worldwide respect. thats something that he earned. anywho. back to work. playing in the HNIC playon tournament in london right now.

Archived