The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tupac's Final Words Revealed by Police Officer on Scene of Murder

J529

yup he has worldwide respect. thats something that he earned. anywho. back to work. playing in the HNIC playon tournament in london right now.

Ok cheers. My first reply looks a bit worse then I meant it. Won't edit it but consider my apology here.

15% lyrical depth? Biggest fail comment ever. So tracks like Dear Momma have no lyrical depth? You don't have to have funny and serious tracks to have lyrical depth.

Nelly used to rap about how much he loves his mom too, does that make him deep?

No question that Tupac being killed while he was still young and in his prime has helped his legacy though.

An artist dying/quitting before they stale definitely helps their legacy. Far too many artists eventually damage themselves with weak albums and songs as their career goes on, which waters down their tracklist.

Ex) If Eminem had stopped after Encore, or the Eminem Show, his legacy would have known no bounds. Instead we get Relapse and Recovery, a couple of good songs and a lot of junk. LP2 was an improvement, but still a long way off from his best work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6HMClRfAw

this alone is enough to keep eminem in the top 5 of all time, IMO. sharp as they come and technically ridiculous. don't really like his music, but when he's on his game, it's unlike anything out there

this alone is enough to keep eminem in the top 5 of all time, IMO. sharp as they come and technically ridiculous. don't really like his music, but when he's on his game, it's unlike anything out there

Guess who your top 5 of all time thinks is amongst the best ever? His opinion should probably count more than yours.

Take some Big and some Pac and you mix em up in a pot
Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the f*** do you got?
You got the realest and illest killers tied up in a knot
The juggernauts of this rap sh**, like it or not
Your other best ever Jay-Z is out there ripping off 2pac songs and standing next to his mural.
saqrmTA.jpg

Guess who your top 5 of all time thinks is amongst the best ever? His opinion should probably count more than yours.

Take some Big and some Pac and you mix em up in a pot
Sprinkle a little Big L on top, what the f*** do you got?
You got the realest and illest killers tied up in a knot
The juggernauts of this rap sh**, like it or not
Your other best ever Jay-Z is out there ripping off 2pac songs and standing next to his mural.

already said 2pac is among the best when it comes to influence and impact and image.

on 2pac, jay z said he likes him because "his fire will overcome. What he doesn't have in technical skills will be overcome by passion."

i'm glad that you enjoy emotional rappers like eminem and 2pac, everyone needs a way to channel their feelings. and those two are ALL ABOUT emotions. difference is that eminem can be sorta funny and is technically ridiculous at the same time. 2pac can't. he has weak lyrics (have you ever read his book of 'poetry'? LMAO.), weak beats, and i have no idea how or why people are praising his flow around here. but whatever.

2pac's strengths are in his emotion and his charisma, that's it. you prioritize that over intelligence and humour, that's cool. i don't

already said 2pac is among the best when it comes to influence and impact and image.

on 2pac, jay z said he likes him because "his fire will overcome. What he doesn't have in technical skills will be overcome by passion."

i'm glad that you enjoy emotional rappers like eminem and 2pac, everyone needs a way to channel their feelings. and those two are ALL ABOUT emotions. difference is that eminem can be sorta funny and is technically ridiculous at the same time. 2pac can't. he has weak lyrics (have you ever read his book of 'poetry'? LMAO.), weak beats, and i have no idea how or why people are praising his flow around here. but whatever.

2pac's strengths are in his emotion and his charisma, that's it. you prioritize that over intelligence and humour, that's cool. i don't

are you actually questioning 2pacs intelligence? Wow.... gtfo.

TBH that's not even a top 5 Eminem song

i don't listen to his music, but i think it's a pretty damn good example of how someone can be humourous, intelligent, have great flow and be technically proficient, AND be emotional, or at least aggressive, all in one song

socially aware rappers were all over the place in the 80s, and even the militant sorts. Public Enemy was huge in the late 80s. 2pac had more depth than them?

Well considering public enemy never wrote anything like "Brendas got a Baby" or "Keep your head up" I would say yes. Public Enemy was on the left end of the militant conscious hip hop spectrum and Pac was more in the center. Angry but articulate enough to write lyrics that wouldn't alienate 50 percent of his fan base. Fear of a Black Planet had pretty much the same consistent message all the way through and although its a powerful and political message, there was never any real change in style or ideal. Yes ultimately 2pac wasn't a thug or a gangster, it was a role he portrayed like his movies, a caricature of what he thought the mainstream believed a thug to be but the whole fact that he threw himself so deep into it in order to draw attention to what was going on in the poorer urban communities of america indicated a higher level of intelligence then most.

and what does depth even mean, anyway? do you think 'depth' can only be found in politicization of lyrics?

Depth to me, means actually saying something. When you look back on Jay-z's catalogue in 20 years, where is his lyrics that will be studied in colleges or universities, where is his song that will be playing in a museum somewhere? I liked Jay-z alot, up until the black album I really played the hell out of his music, but for me its the feeling behind the music not just the words, and other than " Song Cry" I never heard any emotion or heart in any of his music. I know his Dad left him, i know he lost a brick that he got on consignment and made all the money back, but I never heard anything about what he really cared about in his music other than Maybach, Versace or Cristal, and himself.

jay z is INSANELY clever. and you can't be as witty and brilliant as he is without having intense intellectual or artistic depth. and yeah, he may rap about his life of crime and how great he is, but so what? what makes jay z a great lyricist isn't what he raps about, it's how he says it.

Even in the case of these ?

r_-kelly-and-jay-z-the-best-of-both-worl

Jay-z-blueprint-2-gift-curse.jpg

2pac is nowhere near jay z in terms of writing, not even close. not even in the same league.

Considering the amount of bars he's stolen from other rappers I'm not in disagreement.

well blackberries, i agree with some of the stuff you're saying, just disagree with the conclusion. you appreciate 2pac because you like stuff that has feeling and emotion, i don't really care for that. in fact, when musicians tell me who to vote for or tell me how miserable or angry they are, i sorta cringe. jay z doesn't need to cry to me for me to understand that life in the ghetto is hard. but when he says it to me using triple entendres, it totally gives me a mind boner. don't really care about having much of a scope, either. notorious big is widely considered one of the greats, and he sure wasn't exactly reaching far for material. if you're clever and intelligent, you can retrace the same narrative ground, i think

anyway, i don't even know what 'the best of both worlds' is. like i said, i'm not a fan of jay's music usually, i just think he's a fantastic lyricist, regardless of him biting bunch of biggie lines. that doesn't matter to me, and it doesn't discredit his other great songs, verses, etc. either. i'm actually surprised someone would challenge jay z's ability to write. rakim, widely considered the greatest lyricist of all time, said jay is his favourite rapper, and praise don't come higher than that.

sometimes i think people just hate on jay z because he has such an overexposed personality or something.

"I heard a rumor I died, murdered in cold blood dramatized, pictures of me in my final stages, you know mama cried, but that was all fiction, some coward got the story twisted, like I no longer existed, mysteriously missin, although I'm worldwide baby, I ain't hard to find."

Travel through my mind am I blind it's a shame

Young ni**az gettin murdered straight took out the game

As I sit here puffin on a cigarette

Gotta be ready, you never know who's plottin on a ni**az death

These are the rough times, best to hurry up and duck mo******er 'fore I buck mine

It's gettin crazy and everybody's strapped

Surrounded by ni**az but aint a mo********er down to watch my back

These are the bi*ch made ni**az, you been played ni**ga

While you starvin and broke they pullin six figures

Oooh, what can you do

when you can't trust your crew, time to bust out the twenty-two

Boo-yaow! Ran out of weed, so I'm sippin

on this Hennesey, tell me, do you feel me?

Heyyy, I have no remorse

as I take another sip of my liquor and spit my sick thoughts, oooh

Favorite PAC verse

Archived