The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tupac's Final Words Revealed by Police Officer on Scene of Murder

J529

My take on it. Tupac was sayin that to his attackers. He prolly didn't kno who walked up on him when he was all shot up. Rip PAC he is a legend there is no argument against it. I can see why someone may not like him because of his attitude but you can't deny the talent.

He may not be the top 5 lyricists to ever step on earth but the man was a genius and theirs no doubt about that. Basically predicted his death long before it occurred, achieved more things at the age of 25 then any other "rapper" both sales wise and influence in the community.

Funny how after almost two decades his music still lives on and is very much relevant in today's society. If people actually listened to his words and message rather then the slick rhymes and beat they would truly be able to see a generational talent before them.

I can't name one rapper today who has been successful in everything they have done in their career, tupac was a better actor then most of the garbage mainstream stars that show up every year on the red carpet to receive a award for their pathetic movie. That says a lot.

If you don't respect Tupac as a musician - you're just being an ignorant , possibly racist, Mofo.

Wut? Such logic to come to that conclusion.

I've never gotten the Tupac hype myself, but I don't really listen to rap so that might be why. The fanboys in here sure aren't making a strong or even comprehensible rebuttal, though.

I always found it funny that all the dumbest people I know swear that Tupac was a genius, that's never a good sign. The guy had a moderate amount of talent, a great image, was extremely well marketed, and was (career-wise) lucky enough to die before he got stale.

I always found it funny that all the dumbest people I know swear that Tupac was a genius, that's never a good sign. The guy had a moderate amount of talent, a great image, was extremely well marketed, and was (career-wise) lucky enough to die before he got stale.

wow, now that you mention it, this is actually sort of true.

afterall, AllEyezOnMe is literally named after a 2pac song

if that isn't the nail in the coffin, i don't know what is

In my opinion, when it comes to your typical "hip hop realist", Tupac's legacy is tainted because of the perceived image of his loudest fanbase. You know the ones... White guys who smoke too much weed, think they're thugs and have their bedroom walls covered in Bob Marley and scarface posters.

Some people let the image that those guys have take away from the talent that Tupac had. Because who really wants to be associated with that kind of fanbase anyway?

I grew up as an elitist hip hop kid thinking I knew more about it than anyone, and if you didn't like who I liked (you probably hadn't heard of them anyway) - you were an idiot.

As I got older I stopped caring so much. At the end of the day, Tupac was pretty damned talented especially for his time. Had he not died so young, he probably would have ended up taking the same path as Ice Cube. Turning into more of an actor who occasionally releases a horrible song or two.

But looking back, he was a great talent. I personally don't think he was the best ever, not even in my top 5, but he really was a phenomenal talent in more ways than one.

I've never gotten the Tupac hype myself, but I don't really listen to rap so that might be why. The fanboys in here sure aren't making a strong or even comprehensible rebuttal, though.

You're right, editted. My apologies; Do be fair, it was an hour after 4:20. ;)

The rebuttal has been made in the form of his music. It speaks for itself, you either appreciate it, or you're not capable of being open-minded enough to appreciate it - your loss.

Tupac was pretty damned talented especially for his time.

i loved him back in the day as well, but as i grew up i realized that 2pac was the loudest voice in the worst movement.

and i believe 'his time' was the golden age of the genre. mobb deep's infamous, gza's liquid swords, raekwon's cuban linx, wu tang's 36 chambers, jay z's reasonable doubt, and of course nas' illmatic were all released in the time when 2pac was shouting about THUG HEAVEN and trying to be an actor. all those albums (and plenty more) are way better than 2pac's, both lyrically and musically, and actually hold up to today's standards. hell, kanye west has made a career out of ripping them off, while nobody in their right mind would try to emulate 2pac's miserable producers

And the non fan boys are ? All they have stated is that his lyrics are not as great as some of the other rappers on their personal top 10 list blah blah blah ahah nice logic there

Archived