The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

This guy is a flop. Always was.

It amazes me how oblivious ppl are to talent and the fact that they think if they believe in someone, that alone will make him succeed.

It also amazes me how people blame player development when a player cant make the jump to the NHL. Like really guys?

FFS, every league you thin out the crop. Most guys cant hack it, few can. Oh but wait, its not his fault, its the teams development program, or he just needs a coach.

Wow.

What happened to just going out there and putting the puck in the net.

Have a beer and watch the game. Dont comment on it. You didnt make the cut.

It amazes me how oblivious ppl are to talent and the fact that they think if they believe in someone, that alone will make him succeed.

It also amazes me how people blame player development when a player cant make the jump to the NHL. Like really guys?

FFS, every league you thin out the crop. Most guys cant hack it, few can. Oh but wait, its not his fault, its the teams development program, or he just needs a coach.

Wow.

Totally agree.

JS had plenty of chances last season to make an impression and failed.

Wow.

Seriously, no one is blaming player development. This comment is so stupid. He is 23. He played 57 games. He has played through injuries. He played for a horrible coach. He is a first round pick for a reason. He holds the record for most points in the world juniors for american born players in their history. Rated 10 in central scouting for that year. Played well under AV. He has not played with good players for a full season yet.

You are obviously one of those fickle canuck fans.

He never made the most of his opportunities. At 24 he should have shown some promise already. His AHL numbers aren't even remotely impressive for such a 'skilled' player and at the NHL level he is not suited as 3rd or 4th line center and hasn't shown any sort of capability of handling a 2nd line center role. He doesn't have a place on this team anymore.

He never made the most of his opportunities. At 24 he should have shown some promise already. His AHL numbers aren't even remotely impressive for such a 'skilled' player and at the NHL level he is not suited as 3rd or 4th line center and hasn't shown any sort of capability of handling a 2nd line center role. He doesn't have a place on this team anymore.

Actually he is 23, he will be 24 this upcoming season. How can he show anything when he has played with duds and played through injuries and only played 57 games. And when did he play with in the minors with. More duds. He has not shown he can play cause he has not had the opportunity and when he has they play him Tom Sestito. Give your head a shake. He is the highest scoring american born player in world junior history and he does not even have a season under his belt yet. And when he was in the ahl he steadily improved every year.

I mean we waited so long for this prospect who was rated 10, by the central scouting bureau that year. We play him for barely over half a season a season and get rid of him. I swear so many Canuck fans are not to bright. Fickle!

I agree. With the current trend to get young guys into your lineup as quickly as they can handle it, a 24-year-old who hasn't cut it yet is pretty much a forgotten man. Patience in the NHL ain't what it used to be.

I did not like picking Schroeder in the first place (too small).Once he was picked though, I think he has worked his butt off to try to make the bigs.He has kept quiet, paid his dues, and suffered injuries trying to become a regular on the Canucks.I like the guy personally but still think he is too small even with his considerable skill set and development.Now is not the time to cut him loose though (unless some team steps up and says they want him before the draft).I am pretty sure we will have to hope that given a proper opportunity this year, he can show enough that we get value in a trade.He is not worth much now but perhaps he can have a good camp and we can get him PP time and O-zone starts to pad his stats.Benning is going to decide which prospects/players are not in the long-term plan and when is the best time to move them.He will also know what we need to get in return to build the team back into a perennial contender.Unfortunately for Jordan, he will most likely not be on that contending team.

Oh wow someone in the playoffs smaller than JS scored the game winner in game 5 of the stanley cup finals. Hmm but It must not count cause he is too small.

I agree. With the current trend to get young guys into your lineup as quickly as they can handle it, a 24-year-old who hasn't cut it yet is pretty much a forgotten man. Patience in the NHL ain't what it used to be.

Sounds like more room for the smart GMs who go after reclamation projects :bigblush:

Wow.

I'd wager you were among those calling Burrows a waste of a roster spot his first full season and wanted him off the team. :lol:

Sign him for under a million for a short term deal, if he doesn't pan out then no harm done, but if he blossoms into the player we hoped he would be when we drafted him then we have got ourselves a good player for a good price.

It doesn't have to be a million. We can sign him to 600k.

Schroeder will never be succeeded until he shifted to be winger~ short center never works, be out matched with size easily, vision be cut off because of the height

Maybe, but lots of teams ( Vcr included) always played the first forward back become the centre on defense. But I can't see Schroeder winning many battles on the wall. Here's the conundrum do you jettison that skill level

His injuries hurt his development. From being the all-time leading goal scorer for the US World Junior team.. I saw some upside.. He just hasn't been able to stay healthy once turning pro and won't catch stride.

At best, I would give him a 2 year 2-way contract. I wouldn't be sad to see him go though.

Archived