The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

I doubt Edmonton will trade Yakupov and the 3rd for Ekblad. Yakupov might be in play but definitely not both in a 2 for 1 deal. MacT isn't that retarded

Oh, it would be a gigantic overpayment for sure, but it all depends on how much they value having a franchise dman like that. I am just reasserting your point. It will cost too much. Edmonton has that in their back pocket to land Ekblad, if they really want him bad enough. I honestly believe they do.

Oh, it would be a gigantic overpayment for sure, but it all depends on how much they value having a franchise dman like that. I am just reasserting your point. It will cost too much. Edmonton has that in their back pocket to land Ekblad, if they really want him bad enough. I honestly believe they do.

Should have just drafted Ryan Murray instead of Yak.

I think edmonton would be better off trading Yak and perhaps Gagner for a Vet dman and a vet winger/center not taking Ekblad.

They already have Schultz, Nurse, Musil as their young Dmen. Sure Ekblad brings another great dman but do they REALLY need him?

Do they want to simply bring in more youth or do they need to start winning now? I think its the latter, their fans are getting unruly with the 'youth movement' will eventually reap its rewards.....

I really suspect FLA/EDM/Isles would all prefer to get a package of vets and be happy to trade down a few slots if it can help them now vs. redundantly picking another prospect

Don't forget these teams have been picking high for YEARS, fans have no patience in the US and Edmonton's rope is gone.

And I think you should do some research on basic supply/demand principals.

With three very motivated teams with higher draft picks bidding against us, the price becomes inflated.

It's irrelevant what moving up cost in years past, it's all about where the market is NOW,

And right now, 1st overall is worth whatever the highest bid is.

Do you really think FLA will look at an oilers offer that includes better prospects and higher picks, then at our Tanev, 6th and a 2nd offer and say to themselves:

"Well, the Oiler's offer is better, but Vancouver is offering what teams paid last year, so I guess we have to deal the pick to Van"

I think it was meant as a base of reference. When you're looking to buy a house its very common for the agent to find out what houses recently sold for in that neighborhood. Usually they refer to the most recent house sales for a way to gauge what is a reasonable price. Same thing can apply to Draft trades. Van gave up Scneides for pick #9 at last years draft so that can sort of be a baseline for this year. A very good goalie returned the #9 pick and most thought the Canucks should have got more. So Tanev and the #6 I feel is a very fair return for the #1 or #2 pick in this draft. We should remember that the talent of this draft is considered good but not great like last year. There is no Mackinnon, Jones or Drouin at the top.

To FLA:

Tanev

Smith-Pelly

6th overall

To ANA:

Kesler

To VAN:

1st overall

10th overall

24th overall

Good?

That's actually LESS than what ANH offered us at the deadline.

But I like it!

I think this is one of the few honestly plausible deals i've seen on CDC,

Every team gets what it needs, and I would do this deal straight up....

BUT....It won't happen, Trev/Benning are under strict orders to keep the season ticket base intact, and this deal would mean we aren't planning on winning anything this season.

Too bad, because a deal like this would set us up for years to come

I think it was meant as a base of reference. When you're looking to buy a house its very common for the agent to find out what houses recently sold for in that neighborhood. Usually they refer to the most recent house sales for a way to gauge what is a reasonable price. Same thing can apply to Draft trades. Van gave up Scneides for pick #9 at last years draft so that can sort of be a baseline for this year. A very good goalie returned the #9 pick and most thought the Canucks should have got more. So Tanev and the #6 I feel is a very fair return for the #1 or #2 pick in this draft. We should remember that the talent of this draft is considered good but not great like last year. There is no Mackinnon, Jones or Drouin at the top.

No, we were not having a general discussion about how one might move up in a hypothetical draft.

We were specifically discussing what it would take to move up in THIS draft.

If I'm selling a house I price it according to current market value, not last years market or the year before that, or the year after.

Market value is dictated by the highest bid.

No, we were not having a general discussion about how one might move up in a hypothetical draft.

We were specifically discussing what it would take to move up in THIS draft.

If I'm selling a house I price it according to current market value, not last years market or the year before that, or the year after.

Market value is dictated by the highest bid.

true but many here are suggesting we should as well....

and i am pretty certain, as stupid is nonuts is, he aint trading Phaneuf, Kadri and 8th overall for first...

And many here are using that as a baseline, which is absurd....

true but many here are suggesting we should as well....

and i am pretty certain, as stupid is nonuts is, he aint trading Phaneuf, Kadri and 8th overall for first...

And many here are using that as a baseline, which is absurd....

Why is it absurd?

Can you discredit the rumors source? Or does it just sound like a lot to you personally?

Getting rid of Phaneuf before his NTC kicks in and Kardri who they don't like, makes perfect sense from Nonuts perspective,

Supposedly Ekblad is NHL ready so he fills a slot on their blueline for an ELC cap hit, thus giving the leafs freedom to spend and improve their team elsewhere.

The fans and media get off their backs as they wait for Ekblad to get develop and Nonuts gets credit for a "bold move" and saves himself a firing that most people agree he is VERY close to.

Actually it makes perfect sense from the Leafs perspective, and is about as far from "absurd" as you could get.

At any rate THAT is what we are bidding against, motivated and desperate people.

So if you want Reinhart be prepared to meet the current market price,

and the price will NOT be painless.

I love how people in here severely underrate the 6th overall pick as if it was the 30th or something. At 6th, we will still have a great set of prospects to choose from. In fact, from the reports I have been hearing recently, the top 5 seem to now be the top 6, with Nylander making the list. If one of the top 5 don't fall to us, then there is no reason why we shouldn't take Nylander.

Stop acting like it's do or die when it comes to aquiring the 1st overall. It isn't. A great prospect is still available to us at 6th.

Why is it absurd?

Can you discredit the rumors source? Or does it just sound like a lot to you personally?

Getting rid of Phaneuf before his NTC kicks in and Kardri who they don't like, makes perfect sense from Nonuts perspective,

Supposedly Ekblad is NHL ready so he fills a slot on their blueline for an ELC cap hit, thus giving the leafs freedom to spend and improve their team elsewhere.

The fans and media get off their backs as they wait for Ekblad to get develop and Nonuts gets credit for a "bold move" and saves himself a firing that most people agree he is VERY close to.

Actually it makes perfect sense from the Leafs perspective, and is about as far from "absurd" as you could get.

At any rate THAT is what we are bidding against, motivated and desperate people.

So if you want Reinhart be prepared to meet the current market price,

and the price will NOT be painless.

absurd bc you remove your defensive leader, regardless of debate, he still is one of their top dmen and arguably perhaps sadly, their best

you remove your 2c when you have no depth at center to begin with

and you give up a very high draft pick

for a rookie, when your fans are irate because you missed the playoffs last year after missing for ten then finally making it the year prior

not a great way to manage to get back is it?

LOGIC, tells me its absurd

You dont think they could get more for Phaneuf, Kadri and 8th overall?

Really? you think those three players are only worth a maybe hey?

You think Toronto wouldn't consider that other teams may pay a hell of alot more for those 3 players?

I think Toronto is smart enough to consider that

I love how people in here severely underrate the 6th overall pick as if it was the 30th or something. At 6th, we will still have a great set of prospects to choose from. In fact, from the reports I have been hearing recently, the top 5 seem to now be the top 6, with Nylander making the list. If one of the top 5 don't fall to us, then there is no reason why we shouldn't take Nylander.

Stop acting like it's do or die when it comes to aquiring the 1st overall. It isn't. A great prospect is still available to us at 6th.

The last thing we need in summertime CDC is a realistic attitude! If you want reality go to the Marleau

and Thorton thread for serious thought provoking trade proposals.

^This^

The last couple weeks of the season we were looking at choosing 9-14. All of a sudden were choosing 6th overall and the debate rages on who to choose. Fast forward JB says he likes SR and now its a case of getting the 1st overall. Lets use the 6th and hope that player turns out to be as good or better than the 1-5picks.

I'd be more than content to stay at number 6. If Draisaitl falls to #6, Canucks take him.

If Dal Cole falls to #6, we take him.

Even if Nylander is available to us at that point, we take him.

Really, Reinhart is not the be all, end all. We don't have to give up the moon for Reinhart. Maybe Florida or Buffalo drafts him, and then considers a deal with another team. that's still very possible.

Much like almost everone on this board that believes that Kesler is probably gone by the draft. I too believe he'll be gone by that time. Benning would be smart to get prospects, picks, and a young player in return. the demand in return for Kes SHOULD be high. The other team is getting a second line centre, Selke winning centreman. But my hope is that Benning doesn't hold out like Gillis did.

Either way. The Canucks have been VERY quiet. Something must be happening behind the scenes for the franchise to be so tight lipped about things...

not even a leak.

I'd be more than content to stay at number 6. If Draisaitl falls to #6, Canucks take him.

If Dal Cole falls to #6, we take him.

Even if Nylander is available to us at that point, we take him.

Really, Reinhart is not the be all, end all. We don't have to give up the moon for Reinhart. Maybe Florida or Buffalo drafts him, and then considers a deal with another team. that's still very possible.

Much like almost everone on this board that believes that Kesler is probably gone by the draft. I too believe he'll be gone by that time. Benning would be smart to get prospects, picks, and a young player in return. the demand in return for Kes SHOULD be high. The other team is getting a second line centre, Selke winning centreman. But my hope is that Benning doesn't hold out like Gillis did.

Either way. The Canucks have been VERY quiet. Something must be happening behind the scenes for the franchise to be so tight lipped about things...

not even a leak.

Yur right 6 is still top notch so how about keep 6 and than trade kesler to the ducks for etem 10 & 24 than we have 6 10 & 24 plus bo shinck etem gaunce jensen kassian fox cassels for future fwd not to mention the money from kes gone and the cap increase leaves us money for ufa's that could complement or help to lead offense and PLUS are d is set i think PLUS we go with lack cause theres a good chance we dont rock it this year so why waste money and lacks confidense by getting a expensiv vet like miller and hiller. Stay with lack and markstrome

Archived