The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

ya i only paid 42 bucks with season pass from cdkey dot com so no way i will be asking for a refund i probably can't get one if it's through a 3rd party website but who knows i'm fine with it as is

it must of been really bad if they pulled it because they left MK X up until that was patched like 2-3 weeks after the fact or maybe longer can't remember

i am curious how will the season pass work will they be still releasing it every month or will we have to wait til the fall for the re release of the game

it's also not just WB although they seem to do it the best but it's pretty much the majority of all AAA pc games have some issue with them this needs to be a wake up call for the entire industry as a whole to actually put some time and effort into PC ports

people say DX12 will make things easier apparently

Edited by Dragonfruits

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Check it out. One helluva deal for two great games.

Yeah I got Borderlands 2 off steam when it was $5 on sale and then all the DL when it was $10 on sale. For the amount of time Ive played and the amount of fun its been this game may be the best purchase of all time. I dont have the pre sequel yet. Gonna wait for that to go under $10 as well.

Whoever they keep outsourcing these PC ports to, they should stop. Feels like it's some discount tech company in some third world country.

The game Mortal Kombat X was developed by NetherRealms Studios with the PC port being done by High Voltage Software. Due to the terrible job they have done High Voltage has been fired from the project, will probably be sued by WBs solid wall of lawyers, and the port job has been handed over to QLOC, a Polish studio with a long history of PC ports of fighting games like Ultra Street Fighter IV.

So basically High Voltage Software, a US company in Illinois, S*** the bed and QLOC, the discount tech company in Poland, is coming in to clean it up.

The game Mortal Kombat X was developed by NetherRealms Studios with the PC port being done by High Voltage Software. Due to the terrible job they have done High Voltage has been fired from the project, will probably be sued by WBs solid wall of lawyers, and the port job has been handed over to QLOC, a Polish studio with a long history of PC ports of fighting games like Ultra Street Fighter IV.

So basically High Voltage Software, a US company in Illinois, S*** the bed and QLOC, the discount tech company in Poland, is coming in to clean it up.

That is quite hilarious. Would have been nice for them if they found out how $&!# they were before they shipped out all their copies with 95% of the total install data missing on disc and were inundated with returns/refunds and complaints based on that alone.

The game still runs like $&!# on my computer, and I don't know if this new company in charge of updates could truly optimize the game. The game runs nearly as smoothly at 1080p on high settings as it does on 720p at the lowest settings. It's just jittery, and makes it hard for me to get into the game, despite the goodness that is still there. Like fraps will till me that the fps is 25, but it looks far worse than that, regardless of settings.

If they're getting ready to take action against the guys who made the Mortal Kombat port, I can't imagine the hell that the people who made the Arkham Knight port are going to be facing.

That is quite hilarious. Would have been nice for them if they found out how crap they were before they shipped out all their copies with 95% of the total install data missing on disc and were inundated with returns/refunds and complaints based on that alone.

I guarantee they knew how bad it was but High Voltage Software was probably promising last second and launch day patches that never arrived or didnt work. I know a guy who works at EA in Burnaby on a lot of sports titles and he gets insanely stressed for weeks as games near launch. How many times have they narrowly averted this kind of crap storm? Who knows.

Winter, but there may be a smaller sale during the fall.

Ew. I wanted to wait for GTA to be cheaper, but I'm going to be busy with school in the Fall. Guess I've gotta pay full price, eh?

I've been putting it up constantly. You can get it at GMG for $56 CDN.

yeah i paid fourtysomthing US for it thru them. Itsvthe download version so you dont get the cool mapthat comes with the physical copy if thats important to you. Based on how ,many hours Ive gotten out of it its dirt cheap at full price anyways.