The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

Tanev may be a top 2 d man in 4-5 years but he is slight and that scoring touch will top out at 30 points a year

Canucks are missing a future 1C and 1D Tanev will never be one of these, Reimhart and Ekblad are, Kesler trade can replace Tanev as a previous poster proposed - 10th (Fleury), Theadore

Tanev 6th for 1st OA draft Reinhart (when his brother Griffen is a UFA, he might sign here)

the Kesler 66th, for 10th, Theadore, 24th - draft Fleury and Lemiuex or Kempe

Out

Kesler

Tanev

6th OA

66th

In

Reinhart

Theadore

Fleury

Lemieux

thats fair

id rather Sanheim or Honka with the 24th. We can also move and grab Vanier Mattson Collins and Mantha between the third and 6th rounds for that big d man we need.

Mattson has shades of Ohlund in him

id rather Sanheim or Honka with the 24th. We can also move and grab Vanier Mattson Collins and Mantha between the third and 6th rounds for that big d man we need.

sure, sounds good to me

Fleury

Theadore

Corrado

Mattson

Cederholm

Hutton

Some Oilers news.

According to Jason Gregor, Oilers Sam Gagner’s trade value is low after a tough season. Gregor can see him returning next season as a winger.

Oilers GM Craig MacTavish: “We have our own draft value chart based on historic records and evaluation of players drafted at that spot over time.”

Craig MacTavish: “We are actively involved in the trade market and hope we can do something going into the draft.” … “I’m hesitant to trade the #3 pick. We are prepared to move it for a player in their mid-20s at the oldest.”

Craig MacTavish: “The value of draft choices is never greater than at the draft, and their value is never lower than at the trade deadline.”

Craig MacTavish: “We are going to get access to free agents. Their agents know our cap position and situations of need. At the very least they will want to use us to drive up the price. That is my opinion. But also, because of the Alberta advantage, (taxes) and our potential.”

Jim Matheson: “Some people question possible oil pick of Draisaitl at No 3 if there. Why can’t he be as good as Galchenyuk (No. 3 habs ’12) is going to be? Can’t fathom Oilers giving up No. 3 pick. Are Wild giving up Jonas Brodin for him? I’d do that but they aren’t.”

I prefer Kesler to Pitts for Pouliot and 1st, 2nd and that gives us a 1C

I see they do not like Garrison, but what about just further sweetening it

Garrison, 36th, 6th for 1st OA and Racine/Hayes - how does florida not take that???

Pouliot

Tanev

Corrado

Sanheim/Dougherty

Stanton

Cederholm

Hutton

that looks better but really - do we know for sure that Tanev's career is going to be far and away better than say someomne like sanheim or fleury???

According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN, the Islanders are aggressively shopping the rights to Dan Boyle. The Sharks received 2015 5th round pick from the Islanders earlier this month for Boyle’s rights.

“Garth’s done a great job, he’s kept us abreast of everything along the way, we understand he’s got to protect his interests,” Boyle’s agent, George Bazos, told ESPN.com. “That being said, we haven’t closed the door on talking to them. The Islanders gave Dan a lot to think about.”

Boyle will be looking for a two-year deal.

The Kings have already reached out to Marian Gaborik about a contract extension.

On Canadiens pending UFA defenseman Andrei Markov:

“No news. I don’t expect anything to happen anytime soon,” Markov’s agent, former NHLer Sergei Berezin, told ESPN.com via text Wednesday morning. “But you never know.”

Ryan Callahan’s agent:

“Good-faith talks with Tampa continue, hard to handicap at this point,” Bartlett said via email Wednesday morning

I would not trade Tanev he has something that most players don't have he does not panic under pressure he was easily the best defensemen for the Canucks last year. When Vancouver went on that 7 game losing streak last year there was a reason for that because Tanev was injured.

People on here completely overrate these prospects values and completely underrate Tanev.

I would not trade Tanev he has something that most players don't have he does not panic under pressure he was easily the best defensemen for the Canucks last year. When Vancouver went on that 7 game losing streak last year there was a reason for that because Tanev was injured.

People on here completely overrate these prospects values and completely underrate Tanev.

last 5 first overall picks

mackinnon

yakupov

rnh

hall

tavares

last 5 6th overall picks

monahan

lindholm

zibanejad

Connelly

OEL

generally the first overall pick has been much much much much better result than tanev + 6th overall.

last 5 first overall picks

mackinnon

yakupov

rnh

hall

tavares

last 5 6th overall picks

monahan

lindholm

zibanejad

Connelly

OEL

generally the first overall pick has been much much much much better result than tanev + 6th overall.

Yakupov has done nothing in NHL and this is a weak draft and Monahan, Lindholm and OEL at 6th are great picks. I'd rather have Tanev and any one of those 3 than Yakupov or Hopkins

or Tanev + 6th for 1st and someone like Hayes

then

Kesler to Pitts for Pouliot, 1st, 2nd

draft kempe or Lemieux

we get our future 1C and future 1D plus we kee p 4 picks in the first 2 rounds ;)

that is more than fair value that we are giving the other teams, one could argue that in the Kesler trade, we are not getting enough, but I am happy witht these trades - free up tons of cap to go after a guy like stastny

Unless it's a deal Benning can't refuse, he will almost certainly expect a roster player in return. Not to mention the 22nd pick is worth significantly less than the 10th overall. Replace the 2nd with Bennett (preferably) or Sutter.

Yakupov has done nothing in NHL and this is a weak draft and Monahan, Lindholm and OEL at 6th are great picks. I'd rather have Tanev and any one of those 3 than Yakupov or Hopkins

cant do it that way. you have to stay within the draft years. that being said the only one i wouldnt make the tanev + 6 for first is tanev+linholm for yakupov

According to Craig Custance of ESPN, priorities for Rangers this offseason.

1. Use a compliance buyout on Brad Richards: It’s more about the math and not about his performance. They can’t risk the cap recapture penalty.

2. Sign Anton Stralman: His playoff performance increased the money he’ll get as a free agent.

3. Sign Derick Brassard and other restricted free agents: Mats Zuccarello is a pending RFA that needs to be re-signed. It would be smart if the Rangers also re-signed pending UFA Benoit Pouliot. A comparable for Brassard could be Bryan Little’s five-year, $23.5 million deal.

Three potential free agent targets for the Rangers:

1. Paul Stastny – If the Rangers buyout Brad Richards, they’ll need bring in a center to replace him.

2. Dan Boyle – If Stralman leaves, they’ll need to add a top-four defenseman.

3. Mikhail Grabovski – Grabovski could thrive in Alain Vigneault’s system.

cant do it that way. you have to stay within the draft years. that being said the only one i wouldnt make the tanev + 6 for first is tanev+linholm for yakupov

What are you talking about? I am saying I would take the 6th and Tanev over the first round picks. None of these kids in the draft are Mackinnon, Hall or Tavares. The 6th round picks that were mentioned are solid picks they are all solid picks I would take my chances at 6th and keep Tanev then give up Tanev for a Yakupov.

"The Canucks are Refusing. They want to give Jason Garrison instead."

Benning perhaps just wrangling to squeeze out something like a third-rounder or minor prospect.

That's exactly who I would slot in there instead of Tanev he panics constantly under pressure and gave the puck away countless times in the last minute of plays due to boneheaded plays which cost the Canucks countless games. Tallon is no fool though so I would be surprised to see him take Garrison.

"The Canucks are Refusing. They want to give Jason Garrison instead."

Benning perhaps just wrangling to squeeze out something like a third-rounder or minor prospect.

I'd much rather give Garrison than Tanev I'll tell you that.

Archived