The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler on TSN

Benning said that Kesler had other reasons for wanting to leave than what he stated to the media. Read into that what you will.

Yes, that was interesting wasn't it. It kind of looks like it was personal, non hockey related reasons if you read between the lines, doesn't it?

I think we might be being a tad too sensitive here. (Imagine that. CDC being overly sensitive about something....)

The team certainly is years away from contending. Personally, I think 4 years is being extremely optimistic. I think Kesler was asked a question and responded as he always has: with brutal honesty.

You have to look at it from his perspective. Everyone knows that there isn't a player in the game that hates losing more than Ryan Kesler and considering last season and the last two Olympics, almost nobody has more experience at it. B)

I think we might be being a tad too sensitive here. (Imagine that. CDC being overly sensitive about something....)

The team certainly is years away from contending. Personally, I think 4 years is being extremely optimistic. I think Kesler was asked a question and responded as he always has: with brutal honesty.

You have to look at it from his perspective. Everyone knows that there isn't a player in the game that hates losing more than Ryan Kesler and considering last season and the last two Olympics, almost nobody has more experience at it. B)

Nice subtle shot at Kes, RUPERT...what Kes spoke about was the truth and should be obvious to all hockey fans, but sometimes the high road is the best way to go. I've got no problems with what Kes is saying...never held a high opinion of him, other than what he did during the playoffs vs. the Preds in May 2011 and Game 2 of 2013 playoffs vs. the Sharks...even on his way out, he's flapping his jaws like he's always done in the past.

Where's the ex-mod who was grandstanding and scolding everyone for perpetuating rumors and bad-mouthing Kesler and telling us that the Canucks fans here on CDC were gullible and the problem with all things that ail the Canucks?

Seems to me a lot of the rumors about Kes have been substantiated recently...and soap-box hero dude is nowhere to be found. Obviously troll has found his way back home under the rocks under the Cambie Street Bridge.

Sorry mods...I know I'm breaking all kinds of CDC rules by calling someone a troll and bringing up a past post, but I couldn't help myself with this one. Hoping you guys give me a pass on this one.

Where's the ex-mod who was grandstanding and scolding everyone for perpetuating rumors and bad-mouthing Kesler and telling us that the Canucks fans here on CDC were gullible and the problem with all things that ail the Canucks?

Seems to me a lot of the rumors about Kes have been substantiated recently...and soap-box hero dude is nowhere to be found. Obviously troll has found his way back home under the rocks under the Cambie Street Bridge.

Sorry mods...I know I'm breaking all kinds of CDC rules by calling someone a troll and bringing up a past post, but I couldn't help myself with this one. Hoping you guys give me a pass on this one.

Feel better now princess ?

23ba8faf54ec2de968172fd2ee21034f5051886d

A real winner, would work hard to make the team he's on a winning team not whine like a baby to be traded when things get though.

He was one of the guys on our team who was able to kick it up a notch during clutch time. His desire to win and carry the team was obvious. Kesler probably had the biggest drive and athletic instinct than anyone on our team. You might say real winners stick to their old team like Mats Sundin, but eventually they want the glory.

D*ck move by Kesler. I like him as a player that wants to win and im fine with that. I just think Kesler could have handled it better and with more Class. Like There 4 years away I wanna win now like cmon kesler really that may be so but you played with those guys for the past 6 + years and you go and basically say there a bad team. it was just something you don't say :picard: :picard: :picard:

He was one of the guys on our team who was able to kick it up a notch during clutch time. His desire to win and carry the team was obvious. Kesler probably had the biggest drive and athletic instinct than anyone on our team. You might say real winners stick to their old team like Mats Sundin, but eventually they want the glory.

Exactly

Look at Iginla

One could argue he should have left earlier as well

Although I took a fair amount of criticism over the last few years,not being on the Kesler bandwagon,I have called him for being a "cancer" in the locker room and the common denominater in the lack of a successful 2nd line.Sure he had some good spells, but now with some of the reports coming out,I stand by the fact I may well have been correct in my analysis of him.Friday's draft day couldn't have turned out better,like music to my ears.I believe we will see a much different Canucks team and I don't see it taking anywhere close to 4 years to have a chance at "lord Stanley".........Interested to see how he is within Anaheim's locker room.

Remember when this team was elite and was going to be 'like Detroit' etc.

lol

Lol. The only people who thought that were vancouverites who dont know much about hockey fundamentals and believe any old nonsense.

The movie moneyball comes out and suddenly everyone on here thinks vancouver is "using the moneyball formula".

We have 3 swedish players? Suddenly we are detroit 2.0 because theyve got swedish players therefore we are going to make the playoffs 20 years in a row.

We get sestito to add a little size? Everyone believes we are using the boston formula now. LoL!!!

so who is the first player to put him through the boards the first game we play against the Ducks?

Edler, Bieksa , Kassian?

I could see Bieksa holding a grudge for abandoning ship after all those years and taking it personally.

I really dont have an issue watsoever with kes, funny to see how quickly everyone wants to shit on him now thats hes gone. he was always a heart and sleeve type of player. look at the fucking mess this team is.....do you really blame him for wanting out and a chance @ a cup. its not happening here anytime soon. in a matter of 2 years we went from a cup finalist to losing both of our starting goalies, new gm, new coach after the previous guy lasts 1fucking year..... we are in a rebuild like it or not.. honestly with all the bullshit surunding this team im surprised more.guys havent asked out.

i cant hate a guy for wanting to win it all.

where's all the kesler hero-worshipers now?

it's nice for those of us that have been trying to convince the masses of what an awful person kesler is for years to finally get some vindication.

Cool. An I told you so from Tas. Never would have expected that.

Hello, kettle? Yeah, pot here . . . Listen. You're classless. Yeah. Just an awful person. Yeah. Take care.

Although I took a fair amount of criticism over the last few years,not being on the Kesler bandwagon,I have called him for being a "cancer" in the locker room and the common denominater in the lack of a successful 2nd line.Sure he had some good spells, but now with some of the reports coming out,I stand by the fact I may well have been correct in my analysis of him.Friday's draft day couldn't have turned out better,like music to my ears.I believe we will see a much different Canucks team and I don't see it taking anywhere close to 4 years to have a chance at "lord Stanley".........Interested to see how he is within Anaheim's locker room.

Wow. How this team has risen & fallen on the character & comaraderie of the guys who came out of that Winnipeg farm-team system under coaches like Alain Vigneault, & Scott Arniel,...players like: Bryan Allen, Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa, Schneider, Edler, Hansen, Rypien, Bourdon, Raymond, Hodgson, Grabner, Rome, Volpatti, Glass,...and so on.

Just look at all of the guys we gave away,...the heart-breaking tragedies... the triumphs over adversity, or the hard work & perseverance of those who have now become stars in the NHL. It's a real shame that VanCity didn't get to celebrate a Stanley Cup sooner... with this marvelous group.

I know I'm not the only fan who believes had it been anybody else, but the BOS Bruins haunted by a 39-year drought of their own,...vs a non-O-6 western team like VAN in the SC-final in 2011,...that they would have won it all. League politics be damned for what happened back then. But, just look at the group creating new bonds in Utica now,...I think there is something very special brewing once more. Follow these Utica Comets...and gauge what's happening in Utica now,...with a hobbled-group of players playing with more synergy, comaraderie & a growing confidence together... in a coach, a system, each other, the fans, & their organization. On the farm...is where the hearts of champions are made.

The future looks bright, 'Nucks-fans. Trev & JB will be wise. No one will be over-looked. No one forgotten. This group cares about people & their players. I know they couldn't be more motivated to bring what will become one of the most epic Stanley Cup victories the West will ever know or see....to VanCity.

Make it so, guys! :canucks:

And - I believe this can happen - sooner than later...and so should YOU! :towel:

Cool. An I told you so from Tas. Never would have expected that.

Hello, kettle? Yeah, pot here . . . Listen. You're classless. Yeah. Just an awful person. Yeah. Take care.

I guess some people need to feel vindicated for their opinions on an internet forum ? I do recall him typing on many occasions he doesn't give a rat's a55 what CDC'ers think though..... B)

Archived