The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler on TSN

Canucks fans being ticked at Kesler would be part of the deflection from just how freakin' awful the trade was.

'Pronger... Heatley... Ooooh we so mad at you! Wait, the return was what?!?'

Part in parcel with being a hockey fan up here in this era.

But...the trade wasn't awful.

Not sure what anybody could have expected the return to be but this was more than I thought by a Sbisa.

It's true! hahaha stating the obvious isn't classless. He wants to win a cup. Ducks have a very strong team with cup potential. The Canucks finished 25th in the league last season. I wouldn't call that close to a cup either.

Kes has officially become mercenary.

All for one...and all for one! Team is a means to an end,..loyalty means nothin'. Whatever...Kes.

Kesler speaks nothing but the truth about the situation the Canucks are in. It is no different than you

wanting to pursue better/different opportunities in your own lives, in his case getting a legitimate chance of hoisting that cup. If anything we should be grateful for what he has done for this organization, however life goes on and as fans he is no longer part of worries.

Kesler speaks nothing but the truth about the situation the Canucks are in. It is no different than you

wanting to pursue better/different opportunities in your own lives, in his case getting a legitimate chance of hoisting that cup. If anything we should be grateful for what he has done for this organization, however life goes on and as fans he is no longer part of worries.

Even some parting words of kindness, or a little empathy & gratitude for the career his 'mates have given him.....or a fond-farewell to the many fans who have been gobbling up his RK-17 gear - any of that sort of thing would have gone a long ways.

Instead Kes remained lacking in courtesy...& was unrepentant to the last. He is...what he is.

There's nothing wrong with chasing the cup. I think more people are mad about his comments during the phone conference. He could have been gracious about being a Canuck for 10 years but all he could talk about is how bad the team was last year. Ok yes the team was terrible but throwing the team under the bus which includes the Sedins, Bieksa, Burrows, the staff, the crew, etc. was uncalled for. It almost he feels like he's the only one that mattered to the team and everyone else sucked.

It was an insult to the fanbase who welcomed him to Vancouver with open arms and even if he was an American, the people of Vancouver made him feel like he was one of them. It was a slap in the face to the fanbase and people of Vancouver as well.

I told you guys all along that Kesler, Schneider and Edler have to be moved. They are too young to retire here and too old to wait until the next core is in place.

Trade them to contenders so they can try to win a cup and we can get maximum value for them.

They arent being selfish. They are being realistic.

He's gone from hero to zero for me.

Honestly, to place yourself above the team like you're worthy of "winning" and they can't provide you that? So most winners win...they don't go somewhere where someone else can win for them.

Some of these guys have been together awhile now and to NOT have faith in them? Or suggest if you ditch them you'll be on the path to winning?

Yep, don't let the door hit ya.... Will be cheering HARD for the Ducks to fall on their faces, moreso than usual.

Will try to find this in context to see if this is wrong....until then, not impressed.

Actually, according to Benning, wanting to win wasn't the real reason Kes wanted out. "He didn't say that to me. He had his reasons which I'll keep between him and I."

Archived