The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

ive watched a lot of jake and his shot seems very off from his 45 goal season. the shoulder surgery seems to have taken a toll but if he works on it in the summer and get its back to where it was i think we have a gem on our hands.

i love his skillset/what he brings. GO COMETS!

High picks will always get longer looks / more attention. Makes sense as the team has more invested and expects a greater return. Makes no sense to compare Virts to Kenins considering the age/experience gap (favours Kenins) and the ceiling/potential gap (favours Virts). They will each make the team for different reasons.

As a 6th overall pick Virtanen has pressure on him to play like a 6th oa pick. Like it or not Jake will have expectations thrust upon him that 2nd and 3rd rd picks wont. Otherwise why be a 6th oa pick

As a 6th overall pick Virtanen has pressure on him to play like a 6th oa pick. Like it or not Jake will have expectations thrust upon him that 2nd and 3rd rd picks wont. Otherwise why be a 6th oa pick

I don't disagree. Being a high pick is a double edged sword. It will give you extra opportunities and patience beyond what a 3rd or 4th rounder would be given. It also invites greater scrutiny and criticism along the way.

he needs to hit the net on his scoring chances. I swear, if he keeps this up,I feel in the future I'm going to be yelling at my TV saying, "Jake hit the net!" I surely hope this doesn't happen, but were is his goals? I have yet to see that sniper that we drafted.

I'm seeing more of a Chris Krieder at the moment.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

he needs to hit the net on his scoring chances. I swear, if he keeps this up,I feel in the future I'm going to be yelling at my TV saying, "Jake hit the net!" I surely hope this doesn't happen, but were is his goals? I have yet to see that sniper that we drafted.

Ya his shot's been wonky all season. Seemed to struggle to hit the net after the surgery (coincidence?) but hopefully he can work on that over summer. If half his shots that currently miss were on net he'd have 2 or 3 goals by now.

Chris Kreider is an awesome player.. sounds good

I'm so pumped, soooo pumped... to see this guy step up into the big leagues, I can see his progression already, once he's solid on the puck and tight in his own end, he's going to step right in and plow, just effin plow his way into the zone, quick snap shot as he cuts into middle...or..maybe pass over to Horvat who slides it to Baertschi.... SCORES...... come on Jake keep it up

Edited by Lucky Day

I'm so pumped, soooo pumped... to see this guy step up into the big leagues, I can see his progression already, once he's solid on the puck and tight in his own end, he's going to step right in and plow, just effin plow his way into the zone, quick snap shot as he cuts into middle...or..maybe pass over to Horvat who slides it to Baertchi.... SCORES...... come on Jake keep it up

It would be a mini-Boston 1st line. Not too shabby.

Is anyone here else disappointing with Jake? This season has been nothing short of a disaster for him, everywhere he goes he fails to produce. 1 point in 8 games is just unacceptable with the tools he has.

I really doubt at this point he will turn into anything more than an elite 3rd liner, I just don't see the superstardom in him. Hope he turns it around, but at this point you would have to be wearing some rose-coloured glasses to not see how disappointing he has been.

For what?

I would think such a blatent attempt at trolling would come from someone with a little thicker skin.

How in the world is that trolling?

Are we supposed to praise every player that is ever in the Canucks organization? I am a fan of every prospect in the system bar Virtanen. He was drafted too high at the time, with Ehlers and Nylander on the board, and has shown nothing to live up to his draft status.

Instead of throwing out a dumb insult, why don;t you reply with an intelligent response?

• Upvote 1

Is anyone here else disappointing with Jake? This season has been nothing short of a disaster for him, everywhere he goes he fails to produce. 1 point in 8 games is just unacceptable with the tools he has.

I really doubt at this point he will turn into anything more than an elite 3rd liner, I just don't see the superstardom in him. Hope he turns it around, but at this point you would have to be wearing some rose-coloured glasses to not see how disappointing he has been.

He had a tough season, which I would agree was disappointing but that doesn't make him a 3rd liner all of a sudden. There is more than a single season in a prospect's development and Jake still possesses all the tools and aggressiveness to be a top 6 winger in the NHL. His surgery may have impacted how he was able to train over the summer and as a result he never seemed to have gotten into a rhythm all season. He's looked good in Utica (for a kid who is underage) which is encouraging. The points will come.

How in the world is that trolling?

Are we supposed to praise every player that is ever in the Canucks organization? I am a fan of every prospect in the system bar Virtanen. He was drafted too high at the time, with Ehlers and Nylander on the board, and has shown nothing to live up to his draft status.

Instead of throwing out a dumb insult, why don;t you reply with an intelligent response?

Settle down... it was a joke, however lame it might have been. it was your first ever post and it was pretty negative and ill informed.

Jakes disaster of season includes a WJ Championship and a promotion from the fourth to the second line in his 3rd ever pro game, that being in the middle of a deep playoff run...

Edited by Canorth