The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

On pace for 80 points this season after offseason shoulder surgery and some people are acting like he's dropping off the face of the earth.

It's great that Bennett is doing good, nothing to do with Virtanen though. Two different players in two different leagues. Bennett's game is points or nothing, so you would hope he at least puts up points.

bennett is a very capable 2 way player

On pace for 80 points this season after offseason shoulder surgery and some people are acting like he's dropping off the face of the earth.

It's great that Bennett is doing good, nothing to do with Virtanen though. Two different players in two different leagues. Bennett's game is points or nothing, so you would hope he at least puts up points.

You're talking like it would be a success for Virtanen if he did not pan out as an offensive force, but just a big, fast body who can skate and hit.. You can find those types of guys anywhere. One's who can do all that and score is something else. We would rather have him scoring than not, because ultimately goals win games.

Obviously if he doesn't pan out, that's that. But you don't off the bat have the mindset for settling; you want to best possible outcome and with that offence production is alot of that.

I'm not defending all the statwatchers, nor am I making excuses, I try to made unbiased and impartial comments about our prospects.

Edited by junglesniper

You're talking like it would be a success for Virtanen if he did not pan out as an offensive force, but just a big, fast body who can skate and hit.. You can find those types of guys anywhere. One's who can do all that and score is something else. We would rather have him scoring than not, because ultimately goals win games.

Have you seen some of the goals this guy scores?

Do you really think he's just a guy that can skate and hit?

He has a great shot and can make moves at top speed. If anything, he just needs to play with other fast players that play a north south game like him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately I am not at 1.5 PPG in the AHL yet.

Oh AHL star eh? I remember Jason Krog. He used to play for us for a bit. He was really, really good in the AHL and the statwatchers here thought that would translate to Canucks 2nd line center. lul

Let's also not forget he's playing in the lowest scoring of the three CHL leagues. Ehlers will put up better numbers and playing in the Q is a big part of that so comparing their numbers isn't really fair.

He won't even be 19 til august so it seems pretty ridiculous to be giving up on him already.

Points or nothing?? Geez how can you even comment on JV.....

• Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

Oh I forgot, Bennett is a big bruising powerforward that plays an elite shutdown game.

Lol.

Are you kidding?

Bennett is not points or nothing... could not be more wrong about this

I agree that Bennett has nothing to do with Virtanen, especially since he was off the board when we drafted him and it's not like we passed on him

Are you kidding?

Bennett is not points or nothing... could not be more wrong about this

I agree that Bennett has nothing to do with Virtanen, especially since he was off the board when we drafted him and it's not like we passed on him

It is actually points or nothing for him. His defensive game is overrated.

Also do realize Virtanen plays less than 17 minutes a game, 2nd pp time I believe.

Guest Dasein

It is actually points or nothing for him. His defensive game is overrated.

Also do realize Virtanen plays less than 17 minutes a game, 2nd pp time I believe.

"Overrated" doesn't mean that he's all offense - he may not be the best shutdown in junior but he's still pretty damn good

And so what if Virtanen plays less than 17 minutes a game? Do realize that higher TOI doesn't guarantee higher PPG

Edited by Dasein

bennett has a great defensive game deniro has no idea what hes talking about

Lol. Regurgitated garbage, nothing more.

Don't get me wrong he has elite level skill, and his defensive game comes from having the puck on his stick.

Put him up against bigger tougher checkers at the next level, and his "great defensive game" won't be so great.

Edited by DeNiro