The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

eichel and his stupid hair is gone too. he really looked like he wanted to do it all himself but was shut down at every turn. the kid's got some hands but he bit off more than he could chew at nearly every opportunity. tried to do too much and ended up losing the puck or throwing it into heavy traffic praying that his linemate will somehow get it.

Annoying or not that should have been our draft pick and he's gonna help that Tampa offense become some other kinda beast in the next few years

how should that have been our pick? he went 19th... are you saying he should have went at 6th? or that we should have traded down to 19th to get him? i am confused...

• Upvote 1

Annoying or not that should have been our draft pick and he's gonna help that Tampa offense become some other kinda beast in the next few years

I'm guessing he doesn't make it to the NHL with his attitude issues. Way worse than Ho-Sang, but not very many realize that it seems.

how should that have been our pick? he went 19th... are you saying he should have went at 6th? or that we should have traded down to 19th to get him? i am confused...

I am saying that because I still think for the favour of Garrison we should have net their 1st not their 2nd. but that is a matter of what if and my opinion only as I think we did them a huge favour handing them a top 4 (redundant to us I know)

I'm guessing he doesn't make it to the NHL with his attitude issues. Way worse than Ho-Sang, but not very many realize that it seems.

I know how hard that is to overcome, the racial slur issues and more but his talent is undeniable and when paired on a PP unit with the likes of Drouin, Kucherov, Stamkos etc he's gonna shine. If he can tamper half that D-bag attitude he's gonna be a player for sure.

back to Demko though, how did he actually do in this game??

back to Demko though, how did he actually do in this game??

I thought he played pretty well. He had some bad luck, especially on that third goal, and sometimes he overcommitted a tad. All the problems were just minor adjustments which could be ironed out with NHL level goalie coaches and more experience, maturity, etc.

I thought he played pretty well. He had some bad luck, especially on that third goal, and sometimes he overcommitted a tad. All the problems were just minor adjustments which could be ironed out with NHL level goalie coaches and more experience, maturity, etc.

So more an issue with discipline and defense over goaltending for the Muricans?

So more an issue with discipline and defense over goaltending for the Muricans?

yeah the penalties killed them. also Eichel had a terrible game. He was too selfish with the puck and basically killed his line. The Russian goalie made a lot of saves too.

I only caught a bit of the second, being at work, but I don't think the loss was a result of Demko's play at all, It sounds like the Americans were playing undisciplined/desperate and lacked the structure needed to shut down the Russians. I thought Demko played fantastic vs Canada, solid goaltending prospect for the Canucks.

He was pretty solid today, the first goal as was said was scored on a 5 on 3. The second goal was scored off an American defender just as a penalty expired, third goal was a double deflection pp goal. So not really Demko's fault. He made a minor mistake on the 2nd but the defence in front of him did a terrible job of clearing the net. Not a bad showing but not as good as against Canada.

Demko was everything I hoped and maybe a little more. Even if the americans lost in the quarters, I think the game against Canada showed why Demko was rated the no.1 goalie in the draft.

Tough luck with regards to the game today but I think he can do better in scramble situations in front of him. He seems to fall on his ass alot when pucks are scrambled, something us Canucks fans were used to with Luongo and even schneider. I think Price and Quick are the best at that where they get in that crouch position in the butterfly and cover the bottom of the net but then are also able to quickly execute a desperation save if the offensive team is able to get the puck in that scramble.

I'm no goalie coach but that's just my 2 cents.

Edited by junglesniper